Affliction BANNED: fight card

Undercard (FoxSportsNet)

• Vitor Belfort vs. Terry Martin @ MW
  • Justin Levens vs. Ray Lazama @ MW
  • Mark Hominick vs. Savant Young @ FW

Check out more Affliction: BANNED content on Five Ounces of Pain

• mike wolfe says:

Good card. I’m in. Hopefully Crapcast will carry it.

• Mikee says:

If they keep producing quality cards like this one, maybe they will be the first company to step out of UFC’s shadow.

• the one says:

beginning of the end of ufc and dana white is going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Rich S. says:

Am i the only one that thinks it’s HILARIOUS that a fight like Aleks/Buentello is actually on the undercard??

when you have a fight LIKE THAT, on the undercard.. you know your card’s AMAZING..

• Ian says:

I’ve never looked forward to a single card more in some 15 years of following MMA.

Also, if I’m not mistaken, the undercard is actually going to be shown live on FSN, with the Aleks vs. Bueno fight as the Main Event for that. I was so thankful to hear that as Comcast refuses to carry HDNet.

I have the same worry as Mike about Comcast carrying the PPV, so hopefully it will also be offered as an internet ppv event as well.

• hindsightufuk says:

man i have full wood

• Ryder Die says:

This is a very solid card. Even the undercard has some exciting fights. Look for the Nogeria fight to be the surprise fight of the night.

• platypus says:

daaaayyyymmn wat a card

soooo good

• Paul Hanna says:

sweeeet

M1 Vs. USA

i didnt know M1 was a country these days…

• Patrickus says:

C’mon Babalu, get ‘im!!!

• Nate says:

sweetness. I have to find a bar that is playing this in NYC

• Nate says:

I have been looking forward to this fight for weeks. I just realized today it is JULY 19th. I thought it was June 19th. My subconscious must have tricked me.

• dj says:

Not bad but you can’t even compare this to ufc yet. The only good fighters on this card are the Emelianenkos lindland and nogueria. Sylvia and babalu suck and White Rizzo and bentello are past their prime.

• maharaj says:

just wish they have more left on their next fight card

• bruce az says:

i just found out arlovski is going to fight Ben Rothwell, very good fight card i must say……………

• Dave says:

That’s an extraordinary card. Even though some of the guys are older, it’s still a great group of guys for an upstart company.

• dj says:

Ok now that they added arlovski that makes the card better. Afflictions heavyweight division is stacked compared to the ufc with brandon vera droppin to light heavyweight and arlovski leaving. I’d say afflictions gona give ufc a run for their money in the future if the ufc doesn’t make free fight cards the night of every affliction card. With them putting Anderson Silva Fighting James Irvin for free on spike I’m wondering how many MMA fans are goin to pay to see the affliction card I know I’m still debating. I definitely want to see Fedor Destroy Sylvia and I want to see how Arlovski is goin to do in a new organazation but Silva and Irvin should make for a pretty sick ass fight

• John says:

WAR EMELIANENKO BRO’S !!!!!!!!

• Big Pappa says:

First thing Fedor is getting knocked out. Noguiera is the only top ten heavyweight he’s ever fought. Wow if thats impressive to everyone then Randy should have fought all hand picked opponents like Fedor and would have been considered the best fighter ever, come on people.
    Arlovski will beat Rothwell and Buentello will KO Alexander.

People don’t analyze fighters enough and are so quick to say he’s the best or he’s gonna kick his ass. Honestly how many people thought Griffin was gonna kick shogun’s ass and submit him, very few people. How many people thought Gonzaga and Kongo were gonna kick Crocop’s ass probably no one. In Pride Crocop was Fedor’s most dificult match that went to a dicision, Fedor looked worse for wear at the end of the fight. See for yourself on Youtube. I don’t mean any disrespect to anyone these are just my opinions, I love the sport its all in good fun.

• JackbootedThug says:

GOOoOoOOOooo TIM!!!

The funny thing is I’m not a Tim fan, I don’t even like the guy and in fact I do like Fedor. He is a nice guy and a great person, but that doesn’t change the fact that he is the most overrated fighter out there. Good possibly great fighter, yes. Best ever, not even close.

I hope Tim finds the inner whoopass that he lost in the UFC and brings it to Fedor. Then maybe all of the internet fanboys will shut up. :P

• [...] View Affliction BANNED fight card HERE. [...]

• Ian says:

Between #19-20, there’s enough misinformation and general stupidity to implode the internet.

People like this disgust me because 1) They weren’t around when Fedor began his reign, and 2) Aren’t able to think independently so they grasp on to blow hard sound-bites from Dana White and just regurgitate them on the internet in a feeble attempt to sound like they know what the they’re talking about concerning MMA. As I’ve gotten older, I try to remain civil, so in a lot of instances where I might have said, go fuck yourself, I’ve forced myself to say something like, I don’t agree with your position.

So to the above, and any and all people who have no clue what they’re talking about in terms of MMA , past, present or future, particularly concerning your ignorant view of the greatest fighter of our generation, I don’t agree with your position.

• platypus says:

fedor was already considered a pretty good fighter before entering pride, the RINGS tournament really put a lot of these good fighters on the map.

• Greg Urban says:

Big Pappa – – Take a deep breath and enjoy this amazing card. Stop just watching the fights on youtube and buy the Pride dvd’s, watch ALL of Fedor’s fights in Pride, and you will change your mind.

I am sorry to say burst your bubbles man, but Aleks is going to K’o Paul and Timmah’s getting his arm ripped off.

• tylerdante69 says:

Quick question.

Why is Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in this one???

He’s the UFC (interim)heavy weight champion. Why would Dana White allow him to fight here??

• Matt C. says:

Aleks just got replaced. The CSAB strikes again. They denied Aleks’s license to fight in the state of Cali.

• Sean says:

Tyler,

The Nogueira on the Affliction:Banned card is Antonio Rogerio Nogueria the BROTHER of the UFC Champ (Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira). Both are very good fighters. Although Rodrigo is more accomplished.

• Catscratch says:

To all you ignarent people out there hating on fedor probably just cause he’s russian, and is considered the greatest fighter of our time, I bet you girls were’nt saying anything when tim silvia stood up after he tapped out shaking his bruised face in disbelief realizing he just lost to the greatest fighter he’s ever fased. As for Randy , well it took him fifteen minutes to win a dicision over tim silvia, and if he fights fador and tries that roman clinch be sure that randy will end up on his back and taking hammer fists to the side of the head, and I dont want to mention a stand up battle! Fedor is the best fighter in the world because of his fighting style, not just a stand up fighter or a ground fighter but ” A true MMA fighter”.