UFC 87: fight card

Undercard

• Cheick Kongo vs. Dan Evensen
  • Tamdan McCrory vs. Luke Cummo
  • Chris Wilson vs. Steve Bruno
  • Tomasz Drwal vs. Andre Gusmao
  • Jared Rollins vs. Ben Saunders

Fight card subject to change; bouts will be added as we confirm them.

Check out more UFC 87 content on Five Ounces of Pain

• bjjdenver says:

Heath Herring is the new opponent for Brock.

• bjjdenver says:

nevermind, I didn’t scroll down, lol.

• Andrej says:

You Can Add Brock Lesnar vs Heath Herring (MMAmania), Chiek Kongo vs Dan Evensen and Jason MacDonald vs Demian Maia(Same Source).

Brock Lesnar is going to get beat bad. If Brock could not get past Mir then this will be over quick. I have a funny feeling I will buy this card.

• Jesse Denis says:

That is a damn good card.

• fil says:

Brock Lesnar vs. Heath Herring

• mike wolfe says:

This will be a great card. I hope there aren’t any injuries. I really want to see KenFlo and Huerta.

• Mikee says:

I don’t know why everyone is counting out Brock in this one. Personally I can’t stand him, maybe it’s the gay haircut or retarded tatoo, or just the way he carries himself but if I was forced to put money on the fight I would be putting it all on him. We all have seen Herrings wrestling skills and that was against a wrestler of alot lesser caliber. I hate to say it but I think Mr. Lesnar is going to get his first UFC win and do it I don’t want to say easily but I don’t think Herring is up to the test. Style difference is going to put him on his back and keep him there for the fight if he can avoid a tko.

• Dayzah says:

This card already blows UFC 86’s card out of the water … what a pos card that is .. and im going too it =/ , only cause im a huge Rampage fan.

• Nick says:

i suppose mikee didn’t see heath’s last performance. i dont see a beating coming to either, but if i had to pick, i’d choose herring.

• jered jones says:

I heard it will be Hendo vs Franklin at UFC 87

• Shaun says:

rob emerson’s going to get destoryed by manvil. the first 3 fights sound excallent the rest seem like one-sided battles except for the interesting match betwen jason mcdanold and demiam mai.

• Pizzle says:

Great card indeed. Go GSP!

I disagree with Andrej who says that Herring will beat down Lesnar based on the fact that Mir beat Lesner. Mir is more dangerous of a match-up for Lesner than Herring is. Because Lesner’s biggest weakness is defending submissions since he has never faced a submission grappler before, and Mir is good at submissions.

Herring is definitely not as good at submissions as Mir. Herring’s strength is usually striking and/or outmuscling guys (like he did against Kongo). I don’t think he will be able to out-muscle Lesnar and he probably won’t be able to defend Lesner’s take downs and strike very long.

So the real question is can Herring submit Lesnar? (because I doubt he will out-wrestle him and put him on his back). Who knows… If Lesner fights as sloppy and clumsy as he did in his last fight, then just about anyone who knows how to execute an armbar has a chance at beating Lesnar. But if Lesnar calms down a bit, and executes his ground and pound more intelligently, then he has a good chance of winning (which I am sure the UFC is hoping this will happen).

• Nate says:

I like HH, he is a pretty exciting fighter. But isnt the rule that styles win fights. If so, HH is in trouble because he is G&P, same as Lesner. G&P favors the bigger, stronger fighter. Lesner therefore is the favorite.

HH does have 16 submission wins, so maybe I am wrong. We’ll see.

• Denny says:

Ok, it’s 6-10. Just saw a rumored card in a thread on Sherdog that had Franca facing Edgar. Also Chris Wilson vs. Steve Bruno. Both of those matches are also listed on MMAjunkie.com in their rumors section.

They have Danzig/Guida (heard this one refuted), Andre Gusmao vs TBA, and Cain Velazquez vs. Alexandr? Ustinov (haven’t heard of him yet). These aren’t listed by the junkie but I’ve heard other sources for Gusmao. And I’m wondering about McCrory/Cummo although I’ve heard mention of McDonald/Maia.

• Denny says:

mmamania doesn’t have the Gusmao, Cain, or Bruno/Wilson matches but does list McCrory/Cummo, Maia/McDonald, and Franca/Edgar.

Both sites have Karo vs. TBA

• SKILLS says:

Just got my UFC87 tickets in the mail today. This is an awseome card.

• Chris Genares -Philippines says:

Brock will outwrestle Herring like he did on Mir but only the submission was the only way to end Lesnar and that was exactly Mir did and it was planned well. Maybe it was just Brock’s not that experienced in the octagon and I’m pretty sure he won’t do the same mistake again.
    But I guess Brock will win this time.. Man! he must get this win for him to worthy enough in the UFC, those muscles wont worth a thing if loose a for two consecutive times

• aceyeager says: