Nick Diaz: “This is (expletive) gangster (expletive) warfare”

Nick Diaz is on the warpath, ladies and gentlemen. From Carlos Arias’ Keep Punching blog at the OC Register:

“I’m trying to fight (Hayato) Sakurai, I’m trying to fight K.J. Noons, I’m trying to fight Anderson Silva, I’m trying to fight everybody. I’m trying to fight Georges (expletive) St. (expletive) Pierre. I’m trying to fight … I didn’t mean to call Georges a (expletive), but I ain’t got no problem getting there and fighting the best people in the world. Georges is a nice guy. I’m trying to fight Jon Fitch, I’m trying to fight Silva, I’m trying to fight K.J. Noons, I’m trying to fight everybody. I’m trying to fight Takanori Gomi, Sakurai, I’m trying to (expletive) everybody up. (Expletive) this (expletive). This is (expletive) gangster (expletive) warfare. I don’t give a (expletive). You know what I mean?”

No, Nick, I’m not sure that many of us know what you mean. Gangster warfare? Calling out Jon Fitch and Georges St. Pierre? Diaz would never be able to hang with those guys. He’s a fighter with a ton of potential who has been plagued by mediocrity his entire career. And this has never been more evident than right now with a lackluster victory over Mike Aina, a loss to K.J. Noons, and a poor performance against Muhsin Corbbrey in his last three fights on American soil.

For all the trash talk, and it is entertaining, don’t get me wrong, there is very little substance behind it. Trash talk only goes so far, especially in MMA. The time will come when it’s either put up or shut up for Diaz.

• Jo says:

He must be high……..on him self and some weed.

Come on, be a little professional and not such a wangster. Pretty childish in my mind and I am sure I am not the only one thinking so.

• Zantetsuken says:

Damn the Diaz brothers make me sick to my stomach, what pieces of shit.

• mike wolfe says:

I don’t (expletive) understand what he’s (expletive) trying to say. Is he trying to (expletive) say that he’s some kind of violent (expletive) ignoramus?

• JoHn says:

ADAM, i dont think his performance was lackluster with corbbrey, i think he looked pretty focused, we have always said his striking looks soft, but its the peppering of the soft strikes that makes him effective, he is never boring to watch fight… dont forget his strength isnt his stand up but it is effective to say the least

• KneeToTheFace says:

Nick Diaz would submit Jon Fitch within 2 rounds from the bottom.

St. Pierre on the other hand would pound Diaz into a pulp on the ground.

It’s painfully obvious he talks the way he does because he tries to hype fights; people expect this from fighters like Tito but when it’s somebody else they flip out and accuse him of being high (which has no bearing on performance or speaking to the press, by the way; ask Eddie Bravo) or whatever.

• Sergio G. Hernandez says:

“Get over yourselves and let Diaz hype the fight. That’s all he is trying to do. It’s all anyone does. BJ Penn spoke some disgusting words to Sean Sherk and nobody cared. After the fight they hugged. So don’t be surprised.”

I agree with this sentiment.

Most of us can read this, chuckle and shake our heads and say, “Oh, that crazy Nick Diaz!” The casual fan LOVES rivalries and trash talking.

Nick gotta that green, ja’know?

Which green is up to you…

• HexRei says:

adam, im wondering why you only listed his last three fights on american soil- is that because his last fight on japanese soil he absolutely destroyed his opponent?

I wouldn’t say he’s been “plagued by mediocrity”. No matter what the commission says, he beat Gomi who is considered a very tough opponent. His losses in the UFC were to very tough guys and he beat some very tough guys there as well.

Do I think he could beat Georges? Probably not, but it’s not like he’s Kimbo Slice with two fights on his record calling out the top talent in the world. He’s a real fighter and a good one and he has every right to call out whoever he wants.

• fightfan says:

What a (EXPLETIVE) moron!!!! He is trying to fight Anderson Silva and others from the UFC????? WTF douchebag??? Diaz tried so hard to fight them that he ran away from the UFC and REAL competition. He chose weaker and lesser competition where he still struggles?????

It is funny when peopel talk (EXPLETIVE) and then cant back it up. Diaz is a decent fighter and that is all he will ever be. Sure he has had a couple good fights. And at the same time lost 6 or 8 good fights. So about 2-6 or 2-7 against good fighters.

Go back to “Stockon” bitch. When you come back to the UFC, where the best fighters are AND start beating them, then talk your game, otherwise you just sound like a moron. Wait, oh yeah, Diaz tried that and FAILED, so he chose to go to weaker competition where he still hasnt succeeded.

Cant wait for the Diaz leaves the sport. The only win I would like to see from Diaz would be Nate Diaz vs Nick Diaz. And I wouldnt be surprised to see Nick cry uncle to his LITTLE brother

• HexRei says:

@#7

6-8 is a little bit of an exaggeration, he only has 7 losses on his record. And I don’t know how you can say he only has 2 good wins, Gomi (say what you want but he gogoplata’d Gomi beautifully), Neer, Chris Lytle, Glisan Tibau, he KO’d Lawler, and of course he just beat Corbrey who is a BJJ champion and was supposed to dominate him. The guy has never been knocked out and has heart for days.

And last, he didn’t run from the UFC. He won his last two fights and left the UFC because his trainer (Cesar Gracie) was supposed to be hooking him with the Gracie FIghting Championships which never materialized, at which point he went to PrideFC. And there’s no way you can tell me Pride was “weaker competition”, in case you didn’t notice ex-Pride fighters now hold over half the UFC belts.

• KneeToTheFace says:

Also, he says “I’m trying to fight…” It’s not like he’s threatening to stomp out all of their families. He wants to fight the best, not Mushin Corbbrey. He beat Gomi in what was one of the best fights ever, and I don’t think sub-par fighters can hang with Gomi like that. Nick deserves to be fighting the best and that’s all he’s saying; he’s a warrior and he wants to prove it.

• Jo says:

Sure he want to fight SILVA, GSP, FITCH…but I highly doubt they see him as a challenger deserving a fight with them.

How serious can one be when he has tried to get permission to smoke “medical marijuana” from the athletic commissions. He did beat Gomi with dope in his system so maybe it does help his A.D.D. but he sure speaks like a punk.

• Jimmy says:

I bet Nick and his brother together do not have an 8th grade education! I think they are bad for the sport. I do not really enjoy watching either on of them fight. To each his own..

• Kuch says:

Nick Diaz is a talented punk. That is really the best way to describe him. He is extremely talented and has a lot of potential. Unfortunately, his lack of respect for his opponents, himself, and the sport makes him to total idiot to whoever sees past his bogus thug attitude. The guy is trash and he demonstrates it on a constant basis.

• Jackyl says:

It’s real easy to talk shit about fighters you have no realistic chance of fighting. Not to meantion beating. I guess we’ll have to settle for Nate getting his ass kicked as soon as he’s in there with a top guy.

• KneeToTheFace says:

You guys didn’t even read the interview. He doesn’t trash talk anybody except KJ Noons.

• Patrick says:

Diaz is a moron.

• Mad Maxman says:

A totally classless and unprofessional individual and fighter. I did like him blowing off goldberg after the Corbrrey fight. He speaks like he only has a 3rd grade education, with F#@K being every other word. He must have a death wish wanting to fight Silva.True pros don’t smoke dope. No wonder Dana fired him. Nate isnt as bad, lets hope he doesnt become his brother.

• KneeToTheFace says:

“True pros don’t smoke dope.” – The voice of ignorance.

• Adam Morgan says:

Hex-

I listed his last three fights on American soil because they’re the only ones that matter recently. The fight against Inoue in DREAM was a lopsided matchup in Diaz’s favor to begin with. He was expected to win that fight.

• KneeToTheFace says:

Ok I wasn’t going to even argue the point of bad placement of fighters in the rankings but…

How do you justify Randy Couture as #1? He is as inactive as Fedor, beaten less credible opponents less consistently, and overall isn’t better than #3 in any area, whether it be wrestling, striking, submissions, etc. His only win vs. a competent opponent at heavyweight in the last several years is Tim Sylvia, who lost to Nogueira who was destroyed twice by Fedor (and I expect an easy decision for Fedor on July 19th).

Overall I can’t say I get many of your rankings.

• KneeToTheFace says:

Bleh I posted that on the wrong thread. -.-

• MK says:

Diaz. vs. Sakurai is off; apparently EliteXC and contractual issues with Diaz are to blame. Has anyone heard anything?

• Skwirrl says:

I will be plenty happy when Noons smokes Diaz like a poorly rolled joint.

• HexRei says:

@#22 LOL, yeah with his amazing pro record of two meaningful wins, one of them thanks to Diaz’ cut in their earlier fight, I don’t have a lot of faith in Noons to win this one. If he can’t win via cut again there is no way he’s going to win at all.

• DPK says:

This isn’t gangster (expletive) warfare, it is professional MMA, someday Nick Diaz might realize this, and become a top notch fighter. Until then, he’ll never be on anyone’s top 10 list, and as of right now he is on my personal list of people I’ll just change the channel when his fights come on. I don’t even care enough about this guy anymore to watch and hope to see him get beaten. I’ll just enjoy the fighters who realize that they are professional athletes, not gangster thugs.

• darkmetal says:

“Ima gonna (expletive) dig up Bruce Lee and (expletive) pound his (expletive), then I am going to take on that Chick from “Kill Bill” and break her sword, then KO her out! I am then going to take my posse down to that punk Mohammed Ali’s crib and punch out his (expletive) lights!”

“Word to your Mother!” haha

• Nate says:

Trash talk is bull.

I want to see Nick fight anybody. I also wish he’d get back into the UFC, so we can see the matchups I’d like him to have. I also hope he lays off the ganja before his next match.