Official scorecards for Jackson vs. Griffin

Dave Meltzer has the official scorecard for the Jackson vs. Griffin bout.

They are as follows:

Adalaide Byrd who scored it 48-46, gave 4 and 5 to Jackson and Griffin 1, 2 and 3 with 2 as 10-8

Nelson Hamilton had it 48-46 with 1 and 4 for Jackson, and Griffin getting 2 10-8

Roy Silbert had it 49-46 with only round 4 for Jackson

I would have liked to have seen a camera from Adalaide Byrd’s point of view. If she wasn’t sitting behind a giant pole or Shaquille O’Neal then she needs to get her eyes checked. Roy Silbert takes second place in terms of being a nutty judge for scoring the first for Griffin with Nelson Hamilton not placing at all because he at least scored the fight logically.

Thoughts?

• joe says:

I dont know sam, I had the fight a draw with ‘page getting rounds 1,3,4 and Forrest scoring a 10-8 in the second. I knew it would be a toss up on the decision ,that it could go either way,but man those judges are morons plain and simple. their scores were so lopsided. where do they find these people? Matt Hughes was right, do they get these guys from the local want-ads, craigslist? these judges have to have some pugilistic pedigree, get 3 retired fighters/trainers/judges representing different styles. i dont know, these dudes just ruin the integrity and legitamacy of everything.

• Sam Cupitt says:

I’m not saying Doc Hamilton was right, just logical. I had it exactly the same way you did.

If you’re giving the fight to Forrest, you give it the way Hamilton did.

• Kogepan says:

I blame GARY SHAW! He is ruining MMA!

Seriously, stop with all the ‘conspiracy’ posts. Rampage lost a close fight to Forrest. Probably makes up for the ‘worked fight’ he had with Ninja.

• joe says:

im no conspiracy theorist, just the judges are blind is all.

• Sam Cupitt says:

Unless there’s a conspiracy going around that MMA judges are in fact blind then I’m not conspiring about anything.

• Skwirrl says:

Rampage 1.3.4.5

If Round 2 for Forrest was 10-8 than so was Round 1 for Rampage who was probably closer to stopping Forrest than vice versa.

• Skwirrl says:

Affliction where are you?

• blah says:

i really don’t know why no one is talking about the scoring system. its left so open to personal interpretation that it breeds controversy like this. i personally thought forrest won (getting rounds 2, 3, and 5) but for those of you who don’t, consider that the judges may have focused more on who was the more active fighter. also, since forrest was winning the first round before the knockdown, maybe they considered it nullified when forrest got up at the end of round 1 (after all, getting up after getting rocked with a punch like that should count for something in my opinion.)

• Are you having a laugh?. says:

It was close but the result isn’t that much in dispute is it? just the margin he won by. Rampage didn’t put all he had in to it, I mean I had it even until rd five and was just about to throw a brick through the tv in the beginning of the fith cuz Rampage did sweet f@ck all for the first 3 mins of that rd. I still think Rampage is the better fighter but he needs to be more active. It was like watching the old Pedro Rizzo at times and I shouted “attack him f@ck ya” more than once. I hope he comes back, fights Lyoto , gets hold of the elusive b@st@rd and slams him into submission to earn a rematch with Forrest.

• MMAFan says:

Not considering the Jackson/Griffin match at all, because it was so close and difficult to score, I have always thought Adelaide Byrd to be the second worst judge in MMA after Cecil Peoples. Check her record! Her results are very often in stark contrast to the scores of the other two judges for the match.

• Jeremy says:

Well I personally scored it a draw, so having Griffin win isn’t that surprising. But I don’t see how Griffin won round one at all. I thought the first two rounds were the only two that shouldn’t be of any dispute as to who won. Griffin won round 2, the only discussion there should be if you scored it a 10-8 round.

• Russ says:

Honestly, I don’t see how you guys are scoring the fight a draw.

Forrest won 4 minutes of round 1, got caught and fairly quickly made it back to his feet and ended the round exchanging on his feet. I thought about scoring this round 10-10, but I though that Page did enough damage with that uppercut to warrant a 10-9 round in favor of Ramage.
    Round 2, 10-8 Forrest. Total Domination.
    Round 3, I scored for Forrest due to activity and Octagon control. He set the pace, controlled where the fight went and landed more punches. However, I can see how Page did some good dammage and worked himself out of a triangle with the slam attempt and reversed the takedown (trying to remember if that was round 3 or 4) So, I can understand this round being scored either way.
    Rounds 4&5 exactly the same as above only with Rampage doing less damage and just less in general.
    Final score, 49-45 Forrest Griffin. He controlled the octagon more, landed a lot more punches and kicks, outworked the ground game in rd 2, avoided the brain damage causing slam in rd 3. He executed the gameplan he needed to win the fight.

• Russ says:

I also agree Addelaide Byrd is the worst judge other than Cecil Peoples. And I don’t mean to pull the R-card out, but some of the fights I’ve seen her score between fighters of different races, have been scored unjustly for the fighter who shares her persuasion. Could just be a coincidence, but it’s happened more than once. All in all though Addelaide Byrd sucks.

• Ant says:

For a championship fight, I believe the challenger should decisively win the round in order to take a 10-9. A too close to call round should automatically be given to the champion to disallow a challenger to eek by and win the title. I would score this fight as follow:

Round 1: 10-9 Jackson
    Round 2: 10-9 or 10-8 Forrest
    Round 3: Too close to call (champ gets it by default, 10-9 Jackson)
    Round 3: Too close to call (champ gets it by default, 10-9 Jackson)
    Round 3: Forrest won it by a little, but not enough to win the round by my proposed ‘champ rule’ (10-9 Jackson)

• kobe says:

Rampage won that fight hands down the only thing forrest did in the fight was hurt rampage in the second round and layed on him for the whole round after the leg kick he didn’t hust him at all. Rounds 1,3,4,5 were all rampage the judges do not know how to score mma fights at all. for those people who gave forrest 10-8 round 2 what did he do in that round that made u say omg rampage got killed in that round, no rampage blocked everything forrest through at him. It’s bullshit

• Guy Gaduois says:

Called it! Wrong round, not by submission. But called Griffin. Thank you.

You guys are missing the boat on the first round. Rampage had one flurry and did catch Forrest with that uppercut, but Forrest was dictating action, hitting and moving…. you know, like Machida did and everybody spotted their panties for him . . .
    Forrest isn’t as pretty to watch ast Machida, but he did exactly what Machida was being praised for a few weeks back against Tito.

I’m the same guy who says that Leonard didn’t beat Hagler, that you have to take the belt from the champ because he’s holding it. Rampage was holding on loosely, baby . . . sorry, but that’s how it shakes.

• Treebranch says:

I had the fight scored exactly like Russ. Forrest was winning that 1st round by a big margin when Rampage caught him, so there was no way Rampage got a 10-8 round. Forrest deserved a 10-8 in rd 2 for the domination. People need to quit whining about the decision cuz Rampage even knew he was beat.

• Kogepan says:

Funny how GARY SHAW gets all the blame when there are terrible decisions in EliteXC, and yet the JUDGES get the blame in the UFC.

Its quite obvious the UFC wants to put over their TUF champion against one of the most popular ex-Pride fighters.

• TMAC says:

Wow, 2 judges gave Forrest the 1st round, that’s just awful. Although Forest won say the first 90 seconds of the round, I actually had Rampage taking a slight lead in the round BEFORE the knockdown. Forrest recovered very well and used his guard to buy time, so it was just a 10-9 round, but definitively a Rampage round. And professional that saw it otherwise needs to be reviewed.

Round 2 was a 10-8 for Forrest, he landed the only strikes of the round, then controlled Rampgage on ground for rest of round. Rampage had zero offense this round and had the use of his lead leg taken away.

Rounds 3 and 4 were close and are feasible to give to either fighter. If I had given Forrest round 1 I can see giving Rampage the benefit of the doubt at least one if not both of these rounds.

Forrest won the 5th.

So I had it Forrest 48-46, or maybe a draw with Forrest only getting rounds 2 & 6 w/ a 10-8 in round 2.

But here is why I had it 48-46, the leg kicks allowed Forrest to dictate where the fight took place. With a bum leg Rampage couldn’t make a shot for a take-down, couldn’t sit on his punches and most importantly had to become “very elusive” with his left leg for the last 3 rounds. If Cote won rounds 2 & 3 of his bout in part because he was moving forward, was the aggressor, and when his oppenent tried to change where the fight was occurring he didn’t let it happen. The same can be said for Forrest. I felt his “Octogon control” in rounds 2-5 gives him the benefit of the doubt on at least one of those super close rounds 3 & 4.

Too bad the judges score cards are so questionable. I’m sorry but 2 of 3 judges giving Forrest round 1 is terrible. The UFC had a seriously marketing coup last night, but with the score cards what they were conspiracy theorists will be discounting it and calling it a fix. Too bad, because this wasn’t Serra catching GSP in the back of the head with the follow through on an overhead right freak knockdown. (I give Serra props for finishing GSP like a pro, but getting GSP on queer street was a fluke.) Forrest won the belt and deserves credit, but just like a referee with an early stoppage who deprives the winning fighter the right to knockou this oppenent, the judges took something away from Forrest last night.

• mo says:

the judges were a little off all night. they scored the Koscheck fight: 30-26, 29-28, and 30-28. I don’t remember the entire fight off my head, but i am pretty sure Koscheck dominated all 3 rounds, with a possible 10-8 in the second. just crazy how the scores are all over the place, and it is painfully evident the scoring system should be re-examined

• Jeremy says:

#12 Russ- This is how I scored the fight, 10-9 Jackson 1st round, 10-8 Griffin 2nd round, I gave Jackson the 3rd and 4th rounds 10-9 and Griffin the last round 10-9. It all depends on how you see the 3rd and 4th rounds really. I can see a draw just as I can see how someone scored the fight for Jackson to win or Forrest to win. I don’t think it’s that hard to see.

• BoRocker says:

I had the fight much closer…

1: 10-9 Rampage
    2: 10-8 Forrest
    3: Draw…I couldn’t call it.
    4: 10-9 Rampage
    5: 10-9 Forrest

Forrest by 1 point.

• jiggaman says:

I AGREE WITH THE FIRST GUY JOE IF RAMPAGE DIDNT WIN IT IT WAS AT LEAST A DRAW I ALSO AGREE WE SHOULD CRITICIZE THE UFC THE SAME WAY WE DID PRO ELITE I BELIEVE THAT RACE PLAYED A FACTOR IN YESTERDAYS ROBBERY OF JACKSON’S TITLE I DONT BELIEVE IF JACKSON MADE THE EXACT SAME PERFORMANCE AS A CHALLENGER THAT GRIFFIN DID THAT HE WOULD BE GIVEN THE BELT FOR THE MOST PART MMA IS WHITE FANS WHO WANT TO SEE WHITE CHAMPIONS IT MAKES THEM FEEL GOOD ABOUT THEMSELVES

• joe says:

gary shaw gets the blame because it is plain to see that EXC is putting all their chips on him while in the ufc it just dosent matter whose the champ as long as there is quality in the fight itself.

• AThomBomb says:

I not only agree with the way you scored it, but scored it exactly the same. Rampage should be the Champ still.

• jiggaman says:

joe that bull crwap you should read chuck liddell’s book and ask him why it took him so long to get a title shot at tito if it doesnt matter who the champ is in the ufc

• gfpeezy says:

the 30-28 in the koschek fight was most puzzling… how do you even score a fight 30-28?

so… koschek had three 10 rounds and lytle had one 10 and two 9′s??

im not good at algebra or anything but its not making sense to me… maybe they miscalculated the score?

• GoofyMonkey says:

#14 I agree mostly… To win a belt you have to Beat the champ not just win the fight. (Kinda sounds dumber now that I’ve typed it out…) Either way I had Rampage up 1 round going into round five and gave Rampage the 5th via the “Champ Rule”. I think 3 & 4 could have gone either way so I was thinking a draw might have been a possibility. All in all a good fight.

Didn’t they announce one judge had it 48-47 Griffin? Why can’t they gather the correct scores when they announce them?

• Slakdawg says:

Can someone please show me where these “Champ Rules” are written? Please? Exactly. Rampage may have been the champ when he walked down to the ring, but he surrenders the belt prior to the fight. He has to fight to get it back. If Griffin wins the round, even by a little bit, he wins the round. The champ shouldnt get any “extra credit” in a fight. Using the “Champ Rules”, the defending champion doesnt have to fight to win, only to survive. I’m sure if Griffin had knocked Rampage out, all the Rampage marks/anti-Dana/pro-Pride guys would be on here saying how the fight was fixed to get the “golden boy” the belt. Give me a break. The juding criteria is fairly open to interpretation, so dont act surprised that judges score fights differently. A fair number of people on this site think Griffin won, so why is it so hard to understand how the judges saw it the same way?

• The Great Awakening says:

Scoring a fight involves a person’s opinion on a number of things:

1. What constitues a 10-8 round? Some people think it’s zero offense from the loser of the round. Others think it’s a near-finish by the winner. Others think it’s a near-finish, but only after being on the way to a 10-9 round.

2. Activity vs. Damage. I stalk you and throw lots of light shots. You move and counter, landing the best 5 shots of the round and opening a cut. Who takes it?

3. Time in Control vs. Extent of Control. We stand and trade for 3 minutes, and I’m getting the best of it by a modest margin, say 60-40. You tackle me with 2 minutes top go and land elbows the rest of the way, essentially shutting me out on the ground. Who wins?

4. Submissions. I lock in a triangle with 30 seconds left in that last round and time expires. Does that change anything?

It goes on and on.

Judging MMA is the most inexact science there is.

• Russ says:

Okay let us review how mma bouts are scored.

E. Judging Criteria
    1. Judges are required to determine the winner of a bout that goes to it’s full time limit based upon the following criteria:
    -Clean Strikes
    -Effective Grappling
    -Octagon Control
    -Effective Aggressiveness

These are the four criteria. In every round for the majority of the round
    -Forrest pressed the action
    -Forrest dictated the pace and controlled the octagon
    -Forrest Landed more clean strikes although Rampage landed more powerful strikes(i.e. did more damage with his strikes) so in certain rounds I can see where Rampage could win this category in that round
    -As far as effective grappling, Forrest dominated round 2, his takedown attempt in round 3 sucked, but he was more effective from the bottom than Page was from the top, Forrest secured a deep triangle Page powered out and attempted the slam Forrest defended the slam by securing Page’s leg then released the triangle when page powered through it, so I can understand Page taking effective grappling in round 3(or four whatever round the crappy takedown slam sequence occured).

Rampage landed a few decent shots in every round (other than 2), but he didn’t come close to winning a round with the two or three good punches he landed in each round 3, 4 and 5.

I am a huge Rampage fan, I thought his win over Hendo was one of the best showcases of pure MMA talent. It was amazing, but according to the judges scoring criteria set forth by the MMAC and the UFC Forrest Griffin won that fight.

Realize many of you are campaigning that Rampage won round 1 decisively when he landed one clean punch. Meanwhile Forrest dictated the pace, landed several devastating leg kicks, several clean punches, then while downed with rampage in his guard and recovering from a solid shot, Forrest controlled Rampage while Rampage was in his guard taking no damage on the ground, then Forrest once on the cage basically stood up at will. That doesn’t sound like a dominant round to me, but if it does to you, so be it.

• HexRei says:

I have to agree, I’m a huge Rampage fan but I felt like Page lost at least 3 of those rounds, and the ones he won were closer than the ones he lost. He looked slower and had less gas than the Page we saw fight Hendo, Shogun, Wandy, heck even Eastman. I realize bodyfat isn’t the be-all end-all indicator of cardio but he had less definition than he did in has last few weigh-ins as well, I thought his gastank looked questionable 24 hours before the event. I’m a much bigger fan of Page than I am of Forrest but have to admit that Forrest was the better man that day.

The only thing left to speculate about is what he did wrong. I feel like his cardio was the major issue, and that he took Forrest too lightly, whereas Forrest seemed to have set himself up in a better training situation than he has ever had before in his life for that fight.

• Slakdawg says:

#32, almost finishing is one thing..like when a guy rocks his opponent and then continues to pound away til the bell rings. But thats not quite what happened. Griffin controlled the round, Rampage landed one clean shot and that was about the extent of it. should one punch that Griffin recovered from over ride the other 95% of the round? Not in my book. But then again, my book isnt written in all caps with no punctuation.

• HexRei says:

@#33 I have no idea what you’re talking about. I said Page lost at LEAST 3 and said I thought Forrest clearly won the fight. Are you sure you’re responding to the right person?

• Delo says:

I feel that in championship fights, since it is fightring that it should go more rounds until someone is kod or submitted. It is stupid to watch someone loose his belt and or a fight and not even be hurt. I mean ya his leg was bruised up but he could of kept fighting. Also just because someone is more active and landing punches should mean they are winning the fihgt. Isant the point of fighting to hurt someone? I understand how the rules are in place now and it is about more than kicking someones arse but i mean seriously forrest didnt hurt rampage at all. He gave him a dead leg in round 2 laid ontop of him and didnt do much. If you atleast look at forrest it looks like he was in a fight.

• Delo says:

wow i should check over my typing skills before i post . Also just because someone is more active and landing punches it shouldnt mean they are winning the fight.

• gfpeezy says:

i agree with a lot of the people here that forrest had more octagon control but rampage did more damage with his strikes… i think if it wasnt for forrest’s freak of nature type ability to absorb devestating punches, rampage would have won easily but forrest ended up dodging just enough of the shots to still keep coming and rampage couldnt keep up the pace

there needs to be a rematch soon… i’d like to see how both fighters adjust their game plans now that they know what they’re up against

• [...] Scorecards for Griffin/Jackson Fight Five Ounces of Pain | Official scorecards for Jackson vs. Griffin [...]

• Are you having a laugh?. says:

# 23 jiggaman That is just offensive on so many levels. You are the racist here.

• Jackyl says:

Everyone has to remember that almost everyone expected Rampage to just roll right through Forrest. I was one of the people that said Forrest could win. I’m not sure why there is any controversey. The scoring system is very subjective. Forrest was winning the entire first round before getting dropped. The knockdown does not automatically give Rampage the round. I had the 2nd as a 10-8. You have to remember that it is scored round by round not the whole fight. Also, Rampage didn’t go for it and try to finish Forrest with any sort of intensity. What is the old saying: “Never leave it in the hands of the judges.”

• I know a lot of you are going to think I’m crazy for saying this, but this fight shows why the 10 pt must system is pretty effective. If you are a fan of Pride judging, you have to give the fight to Forest because he made the biggest statement in Rd 2. Close rounds (pretty much every rd, but 2) can go either way and did when you look at the scorecards. Ultimately, the 10-8 second rd is what won the fight and the right call no matter what judging system you prefer.

• HexRei says:

@#41: I’m not sure why there is any controversey. The scoring system is very subjective.

You just answered your own question. If the scoring system were less subjective, there would be less controversy.

• JIGGAMAN says:

# 40 Are you having a laugh?. WELL SOMETIMES THE TRUTH MAY OFFEND THOSE IN DENIAL DANA KNOWS WHO PAYS HIS BILLS HE MUST GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT WHITE CHAMPS AND A LIL COLOR IN BETWEEN WONT HURT ESPECIALLY IF THE CLORED GUYS ARE LOSING TO WHITE GUYS I NEVER DIRECTED MY COMMENT TO ANYONE IN THIS ROOM YOU ARE WRONG FOR CALLING ME A RACIST I JUST STATED A OPINION YOUR COMMENT ABOUT ME SHOULD BE DELETED YOUR THE OFFENSIVE ONE

• HexRei says:

@#40 It’s offensive to suggest that racism may still exist in the elitist paradise of the USA?

• Meat Dog says:

Im not racist. Im just saying if you ran a candy business you would not market it to a Dentist. Im just saying, market everybody the same,and you would not have to see fighters like Quinton take a dive.

• Russ says:

Isn’t BJ Penn pacific islander, GSP Canadian, Anderson Silva African Brazilian and Minotauro Brazilian.???

Damn I guess they are all a certain persuasion from the BreadBasket of the US too.

• Dr Silverton says:

Honestly, Rampage…

If you are reading this, /shame to you and UFC for second match cause wow… I’ve seen you dig into guys punches from Japan to Miami, you just stood there as if Spike TV, Turner Network and All the other Whoohas running this sham is gonna make you a champ… You threw 1 look and cramp your arms? Where are we, an Asian WBC lightweight championship in Bangkok? I got a news for you rampage, this ain’t WWF (oh wait WWE now isn’t it but who the hell cares!!) where they pay you to go around the neighborhood a few times and let you fall off the wagon!

I knew the moment when Crocop took that BS right hand punch on this sham league of UFC but damn it I thought I had you pegged rampage.

And for you hard asses thinking that UFC this and UFC that… Since Forrest is the Champ, have him go against 2 mins (not that it would take that long) with Fedor and watch him get ripped apart on the ground! FYI, the league asked Crocop not to elbow / soccer kick downed opponent, same with shogun. Not convinced? Try athletic commission report of the agreement, by law they have to post it and sure as hell these kill shots are not to be used on the match ( oh but wait…. the opponents could use them…. BS)

and to the league, why not call it Ultimate Fictional Championship and have undertaker come on the octagon, no wait, why not go for broke and get Steve Austin out of commission? Shame on you a-holes, no low kicks are allowed if the opponent fighter is not trained of the discipline clause? Is that why you had a wrestler stomp shogun? Spider Silva vs sandman… joking right? Is it gonna be minuet or waltz? I’m turning spike and Turner off the programming!

• Are you having a laugh?. says:

Who bought race into it? who sugested that it was about Rampages race? who said that “WHITE FANS WHO WANT TO SEE WHITE CHAMPIONS IT MAKES THEM FEEL GOOD ABOUT THEMSELVES” and you query my sensitivity to this. Its a racist genralization about white people, am I wrong?. Look at the way the marketed Jackson. He was thier poster boy for the video game, look at the way the market Silva. Get the chip off your shoulder and stop accusing “white MMA fans” of being racist to make themselves feel better. It insults me.

• Are you having a laugh?. says:

Sorry to double post but # 46 is right Forrest is the only anglo-american (white american) champ in the UFC now. Maybe they hate white americans?. Please stop bringing race into it. I didn’t mean to offend you but it was a stupid comment in my opinion.

• jiggaman says:

# 48 Are you having a laugh?. I cant believe im still posting about this days after the fact but you have to be confronted because you thinking is dangerous, I made a generalization not a racist generalization it also is a generlization that is most likely fact we live in a society where white americans are the majority there has been a wicked history of racisim in this country since it’s begining im sorry but that’s a fact Rampage was the only black american champ we all know what the stigma is about black americans is and your just in denial if you think the fan base in the ufc is beyond looking at race did you hear the fans were in favor of rich franklin during both fights did you hear how they chanted forrest and he wasnt even the champ i truly believe that the judges would have judge differently if rampage were white if that insults you msaybe your one of the white fans im talking about but if it dont apply let it fly and dont condition yourself to think every comment about race is off base then your really living a fairy tale

• Lance says:

If anyone knows anything about submissions… Forrest did not even come close to finnihing the fight with that triangle. Rampage’s arm was not in front of his throat. There was choke at that moment! Joe Rogan said “he’s got a deep triangle” NO HE DIDN’T! Joe should know that… (and does I’m sure)

The announcers were completely “Forrest” sided. I’ve re-watched this fight over and again. When Rampage is beating up on Forrest Mike says “well we know Forrest can take some punnishment.” There is hardly a mention to Rampage crushing his face in.

This whole thing is ridiculous. Watch the fight with the sound off. Just shows you that suggestion can go a long way. Rampage clearly won rounds 1 and 4. Forrest clearly won 2. 3 and 5 were closer, but I had Rampage in 3… (Forrest admitted he took a breather in 3) and Forrest winning 5.

At least this fight was a draw, but really if Forrest got a 10-8 in 2 then, Rampage got a 10-8 in 1. (He came a lot closer to ending the fight)

So I give Rampage the win.

Unanimous decision my foot.

Get some real judges. Stop trying to fix this stuff. Fan’s don’ t like it and upstarts like affliction will start stealing the show if they keep it right.

We like the fighters, but not bogus pollitics.

• Fist of Fury Brown says:

WOW is all I can say to that decision.

Round 1
    10-9 Jackson
    Clearly Rampage won this round, although Forrest had a good display the first 90 seconds of this round, Rampage clearly took it. Yes, Forrest did throw more punches, but he not only caused less damage he also landed a lower percentage of hits.
    Many think that Griff was winning all but the last 90 seconds of this round, that is a joke, like i said they traded a similar amount of blows for the first 90 seconds before Rampage started to pull away.
    To secure the round Page scored a knock down.

Round 2
    10-8 Griffin
    Griffin clearly damaged Rampages left leg with repeated leg kicks, which he took advantage of by taking Rampage to the ground. Once on the ground he continued to ground and pound Page for the remainder of the round, 4 minutes.

Rounds 3 and 4
    10-9 Jackson
    Many would say that these were the closest rounds. Thats hilarious. Not only did Jackson land a higher percentage of hits. He landed more head and body shots as well as more power shots, which everyone knows scores higher then a jab or cross.
    Yes, Griffin was more active, but in a none effective manor. Which is evident in his lower hit percentages.
    As far as damage, Rampage clearly caused more, although Griffin did continue fighting, which everyone knew was going to happen, Griffin has the bigest heart in the world.

Here is the kicker Rampage was the Undisputed Light Heavy Weight Champion of the World. Which means that if ever a round was to close to call it would go to Jackson by default, and in order for a competitor to win period he would have to clearly win the round.

Round 5
    10-9 Rampage or Jackson???
    10-9 Jackson in my opinion but I could understand the opposite.

I would say that this was the hardest round to call. They traded, plain and simple. Griffin, like through out the fight, was more active. Jackson, also like through out the fight, caused more damage and landed a higher percentage of hits.

Closing
    48-46 Jackson (my scoring)
    47-47 Draw is understandable
    The judging was terrible. The only two options were a DRAW or a win for Jackson.
    Although many will deny it, im sure RACE was a big factor in the fight.

• Jerry says:

Oh wait here’s how we do things…

Get in the cage and throw a bunch of stuff that doesn’ t even come close to landing… just throw a lot of it.

We’ll call it “pushing the pace” and give you the belt.

Have a nice day.