Lawler vs. Smith II goes H2H with Penn vs. Sherk

Just like last week to counter the Affliction show, the UFC is counter-programming against the CBS/EXC Lawler vs. Smith II event tomorrow night.

UFC 84, one of the best fight cards of the year, will air at 9pm EST on Spike.

• Penn beats down Sherk in a classic.
  • Wandy annihilates Jardine.
  • Machida takes out Ortiz in his final UFC bout.
  • Thiago Silva and Shane Carwin both win with authority.

Note: commercials on SpikeTV are stating during the airing of UFC 84, “UFC President Dana White, will be making a Special Announcement”.  As we’ve witnessed in the past, the significance of these “big” announcements can vary widely.  Stay tuned…

• Brad says:

I’m assuming the announcement will be about Zuffa buying the IFL. Either that or they will announce a fight that we have known about for weeks.

• batman says:

This is dumb i paid for UFC 84 and now its free 2 months later what a rip off.

• Brandt says:

Got a source for this? Not that I don’t believe you, I just heard differently! :)

• Joseph says:

Yeah, that announcement thing is just a ploy to get people to tune in.
    Nothing new will be announced that day that will be “mind blowing”, thats for sure.

• Brandt says:

Oops, I’m an idiot. I read it wrong and thought it was a different UFC event. Sorry!

• paddiosf says:

Most MMA fans have seen that UFC84, so why wouldn’t I watch the EliteXC fight..This card is super loaded with the main event also with Shields/Thompson, Diaz/Denny..Plus I watched UFC84 like 3 times before I deleted it from my DVR..SO sorry Dana I’m not watching it..maybe during commercials..

• 209 says:

Hmm…. Thought about it for a second. Nahhh Dana aint got shit I can’t get off here after I get back from seeing EliteXC live. 120 E. Flora, Stockton, Ca