Robbie Lawler is totally pumped for tomorrow night (pic)

Lawler’s face in the blow pic is kinda funny. This was taken at the final press conference before tomorrow night second CBS/EXC card, featuring Lawler vs. Smith II for the Middleweight Title.

The first CBS/EXC card was hyped for months with Kimbo and Carano bringing the causal (and new) fan to CBS. This second card, not so much hype. I hope Lawler’s expression isn’t a metaphor for the fight card as a whole.

Now Nick Thompson on the other hand, truly is “totally pumped” to be a part of the show. Either that or he really is impressed with Jake Shields suit.

And here is the face from Nick Diaz we all know and love.

With the personalities and back-stories of these fighters, this should be an entertaining card. I’m anxious to see what production changes CBS/EXC has in store.  Not having the distractions of Kimbo and Gina may actually turn out to be benefitial…

Save 15% on Robbie Lawler t-shirts from BrawlMall.com. Use code “5Ounces15″ at checkout.

• Jeff L says:

Those are some of the worst mutton chops I have ever seen.

• Jay K. says:

Dude, If I was Diaz, I’d swear I was standing across from Wolverine from the X-Men!

• BG says:

Why is Diaz putting his mug on the camera man like that?

• BadMonkey says:

#1, nice ‘Queer Eye’ criticism on dude’s chops. I thought this was an MMA forum, not gayfashion.com.

Yeah, I said it.

• Jeff L says:

Thanks #4. If you need to shave lines in your head to help distract people from your homophobia as well, than more power to you.

• Jason G says:

Here’s what Nick Diaz is thinking in that pic. “Not smoking weed makes me a sad, sad panda”

• HexRei says:

hahaha, a diaz marijuana joke, how witty and original

• Jason G says:

haha i know. he’s showing us that he’s serious and mean with that wicked frown.

• BadMonkey says:

Ha ha! Lawler has that look like, “Aw Mom, I don’t want to have my picture taken……”.

I can only pray to the flying spaghetti monster that Mirgliotta isn’t refereeing any of these fights.

• Matt C. says:

no worries #9. He is recovering from a shoulder injury that occurred during the Baroni/Villasenor fight on the first CBS card.

• batman says:

This is a great card. Elite xc is showing they are for real.

• Cobra Kai says:

Diaz doesn’t look like he is ready to fight. He looks like someone pissed in his cheerios.

• BadMonkey says:

He always looks like that. It’s his ‘Gangsta’ look.

• Voridor says:

The fans and the “upcoming” fans are going to get a better show this time around. No more fireworks or circus freak cuts, three solid fights make this card strong. I’m looking forward to seeing how Jake Sheilds groundgame is going to compare against Nick The Goat. I hope the commentary will be selected with more effort. Thats the beauty of the WEC is that Frank Mir can turn a boring fight into a good one with excellent commentary.

• Kogepan says:

Diaz must be pissed that his boy Shields got the money to by a suit.

Of course, it looks like Shields bought it at the salvation army…

• mike wolfe says:

That’s the first picture of Nick the goat in which his hairstyle doesn’t make him look like a scrotum. Dude’s still gotta tidy up the beard, though.