WEC 36: Faber vs. Brown & Sonnen vs. Filho II

When: Sept 10, ’08
Where: Seminole Hard Rock; Hollywood, FL
Watch: VERSUS channel; 9pm EST

Current Champs Urijah Faber and undefeated Paulo Filho defend their respective belts. Jens Pulver vs. Leonard Garcia, are you kidding me?!?! Plus it’s the WEC debut of Jake Rosholt and Johny Hendricks. If you are a hardcore MMA fan, you are loving this card. If you’re a casual fan, you NEED to watch this card.

Here’s the latest on WEC 36:

• Urijah Faber vs. Mike Brown @ FW (WEC Featherweight Belt)
  • Paulo Filho vs. Chael Sonnen @ MW (WEC Middleweight Belt)
  • Leonard Garcia vs. Jens Pulver @ FW
  • “Razor” Rob McCullough vs. Donald Cerrone @ LW
  • Jake Rosholt vs. Danillo Villefort @ MW
  • Johny Hendricks vs. Alex Serdyukov @ WW
  • Steve Steinbeiss vs. Mark Munoz @ LHW

Fight card subject to change; bouts will be added as we confirm them.

• matt says:

When Stann wins his first defense I’d love to see him fight Munoz, but that’s sacrificing one of their 2 LHW stars. Either Stann loses all momentum they’ve been building or Munoz can’t be built to the star he is.

• thomas says:

I wonder if Filho is ready for this bout…?
    I guess not, think he will gas in the first round.
    Sonnen by tko 2nd round

• Charles says:

“Check out more Affliction content on Five Ounces of Pain”
    Don’t you mean WEC
    Anyways this will be an awsome card to see live.

• batman says:

The thing about the WEC is that it is the minor leagues of the UFC except for the featherweight division. They do put on good fights, but any company can put on good fights. I think the WEC should just merge with the UFC. They can do shows on VS under the UFC banner.

• Evan says:

“Check out more Affliction content on Five Ounces of Pain”

Really?

• Matt C. says:

I get it guys… need to double check after I copy/paste fight card formatting.

Thanks :)

• Mike Wolfe says:

This is a great card. I really hope that WEC isn’t folded into UFC, and I really hope WEC stays away from ppv’s. If that happens, I’ll have to start choosing between UFC and WEC events, and that would stink.

• dpk says:

This is a great card, can’t wait to see it, besides Faber, I’m also excited to see Rosholt and Hendricks in action, those are a couple of great prospects.

• Josh says:

When are they going to give Bowles a shot at the 135lb title? Who does he have to beat next for WEC management to admit he’s ready for it?