When: July 26 ‘08
Where: Stockton Arena; Stockton, CA
Watch: CBS 9 p.m. EST
Here’s the latest on the CBS/EliteXC: Unfinished Business event:
Televised Card (9 p.m. on CBS)
- EXC Middleweight Champ Robbie Lawler def. Scott Smith via TKO (Strikes) Rd 2.
Great action again. Monster knees dropped Smith, punches from the top finished him off.
- Nick Diaz def. Thomas Denny via TKO (Strikes) Rd 2.
A patient Diaz picks Denny apart with jabs and power shots.
- EXC Welterweight Champ Jake Shields def. Nick Thompson via Submission (Guillotine) Rd 1.
Shields quickly gets mount and then the tapout win with a ONE HANDED guillotine choke at 1:01 of the first round.
- Cris Cyborg def. Shayna Baszler via TKO (Strikes) Rd 2.
After several submission attempts in Rd 1, a gassed Baszler was pummeled by an aggressive Cyborg. During the breaks, the camera panned cageside to Gina Carano, which drew huge cheers from the crowd.
Undercard (8pm on Showtime)
- EXC Heavyweight Champ Antonio “Big Foot” Silva def. Justin Eilers via TKO (Strikes) Rd 2.
- Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante def. Travis Galbraith via TKO (Strikes) Rd 1.
- Wilson Reis def. Brian Caraway via Unanimous Decision
May not be televised
- Anthony Ruiz def. Jeromy Freitag via unanimous decision.
- David Douglas def. Marlon Mathias via TKO at 0:12 of Rd. 1.
- Carl Seumantafa def. Mike Cook via TKO (Strikes) Rd 1.
- Drew Montgomery def. Brandon Tarn via Doctor Stoppage (Cut) Rd 1.
Check out more CBS/EliteXC content on 5 Oz. of Pain.