Stockton, Calif. – Here are the results from Friday’s weigh-in for tonight’s broadcast of CBS’ “Saturday Night Fights.” All fighters have been licensed and cleared to fight. Barring anything unforeseen, the card is locked in.
MAIN CARD (CBS @ 9 p.m. ET)
- Robbie Lawler (184.5) vs. Scott Smith (185) (EliteXC middleweight title)
- Thomas Denny (159) vs. Nick Diaz (159.5)
- Jake Shields (169.5) vs. Nick Thompson (169.5) (vacant EliteXC welterweight title)
- Shayna Baszler (139) vs. Cris Cyborg (140)
- David Douglas (157) vs. Marlon Mathias (161) (swing bout)
MAIN CARD (SHOWTIME @ 8 p.m. ET)
- Justin Eilers (218) vs. Antonio Silva (257.5) (vacant EliteXC heavyweight title)
- Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante (203.5) vs. Travias Galbraith (202)
- Bryan Caraway (140.5) vs. Wilson Reis (139.5)
- Jeromy Freitag (205) vs. Anthony Ruiz (206)
- Mike Cook (232.5) vs. Carl Seumanutafa (255.5)
- Drew Montgomery (224) vs. Brandon Tarn (252)
Sources indicate that Nick Diaz had actually been on weight for three days. I wonder if Thomas Denny got in his head and a bit with some of his comments and Diaz wanted to prove a point?