L.C. Davis is the latest former IFL fighter to find a new home with Zuffa, according to a report by MMAjunkie.com.
Davis, who competed as a featherweight in the IFL, will be fighting for the WEC on Aug. 3 against Hiroyuki Takaya. Davis is replacing Cub Swanson, who is off the card due to a broken hand sustained during training.
Davis is a product of legendary MMA trainer Pat Miletich’s Miletich Fighting Systems in Davenport, Iowa. He is 10-1 overall and posted a respectable 3-1 record in the IFL. Davis began his career with a 9-0 record before suffering his first loss during the IFL’s World Grand Prix finals this past December after submitting to an armbar in the first round against current IFL featherweight champion Wagnney Fabiano.
Takaya is 9-5-1 overall, according to Sherdog’s fight finder, and he is 0-1 in the WEC after losing his debut at WEC 32 this past February following a first round TKO against Leonard Garcia. He holds notable victories over the likes of Hatsu Hioki and Antonio Carvalho as well as notable losses to Andre “Dida” Amade, Gesias “JZ” Calvancante, Genki Sudo, and Gilbert Melendez.
The WEC’s show this Sunday will be headlined by three title matches, with WEC light heavyweight champion Brian Stann defending against Steve Cantwell; WEC welterweight champion Carlos Condit taking on Hiromitsu Miura; and Jamie Varner making his first-ever title defense of the WEC lightweight belt in a bout against Marcus Hicks.
The complete card is as follows:
Main Card Bouts (to be televised on VERSUS at 9 p.m. ET) –
– Carlos Condit vs. Hiromitsu Miura for the WEC welterweight title
– Jamie Varner vs. Marcus Hicks for the WEC lightweight title
– Brian Stann vs. Steve Cantwell for the WEC light heavyweight title
– Brian Bowles vs. Damacio Page
– Micah Miller vs. Josh Grispi
Preliminary Bouts –
– L.C. Davis vs. Hiroyuki Takaya
– Brock Larson vs. Carlo Prater
– Blas Avena Vs. Dave Terrel
– Kenji Osawa vs. Scott Jorgensen
– Greg McIntyre vs. Mike Budnik
– Todd Moore vs. Shane Roller