Jon Fitch: borrowed a cup for his first MMA fight (video interview)

This is an excellent, candid interview with Jon Fitch. One of 14 short vid clips posted to Steel Cage Comedy Night. Below, I highlighted other clips you should check out. More fighters should be doing stuff like this; its a big step to get both hardcore and casual fans to know them.

Part 2 - Getting KO’d is like someone stealing time from you…

Part 9 - Wonders why UFC doesnt air his better fights

Part 11 – GSP is too nice to beat up

Part 12 - Just before boarding a plane to Vegas, Fitch gets a call that he was cut from TUF season 1.

HT: MMA Mania

• BJJ in VA says:

I cant wait for the ninth this fights going to be amazing

• GoofyMonkey says:

Under no circumstances, ever, should a man wear another man’s cup. Ever.

Bubba Man Law #263

• maddog says:

love fitch. much funnier than gsp.

• Darrin says:

Hmm, TapouT just mentioned in an interview that someone got cut from TUF Season 1 because they recommended Diego Sanchez to be in, so Dana made room. I wonder…

• marc s says:

Has anyone heard that Fitch is out and Diego is in? Haven’t been able to locate on the internet but i did read a comment made by someone that Fitch is out. I must find out.

• BJJ in VA says:

Does wearing another mans cup make him a homosexual by proxy? Fighting as a pro must have been a dream come true for him to subject himself to the sleepless nights wondering if he got genital warts from another guy.

• Jesse says:

Fitch is mad cool and doesn’t get near enough respect. I know the GSP jock riders come out of the closet as soon as someone disses him, but I hope Fitch beats his ass.

• Nate says:

great interviews. I am looking forward to his fight. even if he loses, I’ll still look forward to watching him fight again.

• Rich S. says:

Darrin, you beat me to it..

i read on CagePotato about TapouT mentioning Diego to Dana.. and Dana saw that he was just tearing through guys, so he cut someone they had already selected to make space for Diego..

if that’s true, why didn’t we hear about it when Fitch/Sanchez took place??
    it seems like that would’ve built a little story behing the fight..

idk..

• GoofyMonkey says:

“Does wearing another mans cup make him a homosexual by proxy?”

I don’t think it’s so much a gay thing… Just gross.