Miguel Torres says he’ll defend title on December 3; Manny Tapia a possible opponent (video)

Michael David Smith of AOL Fanhouse was putting in work today at the UFC 90 press conference and was able to catch up with not only Patrick Cote, but also WEC’s current bantamweight champion, Miguel Torres. Torres touches on a number of topics, including a possible title defense against Manny Tapia on December 3 and a future fight between he and Urijah Faber at 145 lbs.

• BJJ in VA says:

Miguel is a tough bastard but I cant see him having the tools to put up much of a fight against Faber. However, a big heart and granite chin have decided fights before.

• Jez says:

If they could get this show in Mexico it’d be huge.

• Lethal says:

Mexico would be nice but not necessary. If they did the show in a highly hispanic US city like say San Diego it’d be pretty big there also.

• TEACHER says:

Sam….please…..your grammar! The objective case is required following a preposition. Hence, “between him and Faber”….not “between he and Faber”! You make the same error repeatedly in your posts.

Editor’s Note: How can I repeatedly make the same error in my posts when it’s not even my post? Someone who is not even attentive enough to read a byline is not qualified to correct grammar. How does your foot taste?

• tallsforeverybody says:

Torres is a bad dude! I’ll watch any fight he’s in…but Torres v. Faber?!? Wow! Big PPV in my eyes.

For me…would be one of the top 2 or 3 fights of the year.

• Rich S. says:

of course faber/torres would be an awesome fight..

but, right now, i’m LOVIN’ Torres/Tapia..

i don’t think Manny can beat Torres, but, it will be an AWESOME, action packed fight..

and as far as i see it right now, that fight HAS to happen next..

• Lethal says:

I just hope that Tapia’s knee doesn’t make him miss a title fight again, he’s had bad luck with that twice so far. He missed a title fight against Chase Beebe when he was champ(replaced by Rani Yahya) and against Torres earlier this yera(replaced by Yoshiro Maeda).

• Brian says:

5-9 to 5-10?? Are you kidding me? Torres is 5-6 on a good day, the moment he wakes up out of bed at that. He would get thrown around by Faber big time in my opinion, even though I am a big Torres fan.

• Sam Caplan says:

Torres is a legit 5’9”. I’ve stood next to Faber and I’d be shocked if he was more than 5’4”.

• Brian says:

I was standing next to both Faber & Torres at the last WEC event. Torres is about 2″ taller than Faber. I am 5-11 and was towering over Torres in a picture I have. This is prolly just the good ole scheme that basketball recruits use where they all grossly overstate their height.