Patrick Cote on fighting Anderson Silva: “I know that my face will be a mess at the end”

HT: AOL Fanhouse

• justin says:

Jenna Jameson on —-ing Tito Ortiz:”I know that my face will be a mess at the end”

• dedstrk says:

There’s one thing you have to lose in this fight Patrick, it’s your life, goodl luck son because you’ll need it.

• [...] was putting in work today at the UFC 90 press conference and was able to catch up with not only Patrick Cote, but also WEC’s current bantamweight champion, Miguel Torres. Torres touches on a number of [...]

• Johnny Lawrence says:

That was the understatement of 2008 Cote…take a look at Heath add some Franklin nose to that, now you’re starting to get the idea.

• Warcry says:

If I were you I would throw myself down some stairs, you’d be a lot better off. You’re not gonna be right after this one.

• Jackyl says:

I hate just writing fighters off because we all know that anything can happen in this sport. But I just see a murder going on here, and Cote seems to know it. Of course he is not going to stand there and say he’s going to lose but you can tell by his general attitude. Like any fighter I’m sure he will be going in to win but I see a James Irvin/Chris Leben style beatdown here. Silva has already scared Franklin out of the division. Who’s next?

• Patrick says:

Technically James Irvin didn’t get “beat down”. He got punched.

• Jay K. says:

The first punch hasn’t even been thrown and Cote’s already admitting defeat?

WTF?

Is Vegas even offering odds, when rediculous statements like this are made? Or are they looking for sucker bets?

Reality says:

Cote KTFO in 10 sec. or less 3/2
    Cote KTFO in 20 sec. 10/1 or less
    Cote KTFO in 30 sec. 100/1 or less
    Silva KTFO by Cote anytime / anywhere WTF? Are you retarded?

• Mike Wolfe says:

Anybody who wears one of those crooked ball caps deserves a beating. Cote is going to get one anyway, but now I feel a little better about it.

• hindsightufuk says:

^^^ haha yeah man….

• Warcry says:

If you get dropped by a punch and the ref has to come in and save you from massacre than you got your ass beat down.

• This is not a good sign for Cote supporters. A fighters greatest asset is his mind, convincing yourself that you will win. He is mentally going into this fight knowing how dangerous Silva is and how much better a fighter he is. Cote is a descent fighter but Anderson Silva is on a level by himself along side GSP. Good luck Cote, and anything can happen, but Silva is going to destroy your face if he doesn’t knock you out before he gets the opportunity to mangle your face.

• gust says:

from what i tell cote is being gracious about this fight. silva will win