The UFC confirmed for previously reported bouts on Friday for its UFC 90 event set to take place on Oct. 25 at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Ill.
Added to the main televised card is a heavyweight bout between veteran Fabricio Werdum and Octagon newcomer Junior “Cigano” dos Santos.
Additionally, the UFC has also confirmed three lightweight bouts for the undercard with former American Top Team training partners Marcus Aurelio and Hermes Franca doing battle; Gray Maynard squaring off against Rich Clementi; and Shannon Gugerty replacing Melvin Guillard against Spencer Fisher.
UFC 90 is scheduled to be headlined by Anderson Silva defending the UFC middleweight title against Patrick Cote. Diego Sanchez and Thiago Alves will also meet in a bout in which the winner will be guaranteed a future shot at the welterweight title currently held by Georges St. Pierre.
The completed, official lineup for UFC 90 is as follows:
Main Card -
- Anderson Silva vs. Patrick Cote for the UFC middleweight title
- Diego Sanchez vs. Thiago Alves
- Sean Sherk vs. Tyson Griffin
- Fabricio Werdum vs. Junior dos Santos
- Thales Leites vs. Goran Reljic
Preliminary Card -
- Hermes Franca vs. Marcus Aurelio
- Gray Maynard vs. Rich Clementi
- Matt Horwich vs. Ricardo Almeida
- Josh Burkman vs. Pete Sell
- Spencer Fisher vs. Shannon Gugerty