Bryson Kamaka out as opponent vs. Jay Hieron for Night of Combat II after drug test failure

A source has notified FiveOuncesOfPain.com that Bryson Kamaka has tested positive for marijuana and that the Nevada State Athletic Commission will not allow him to fight as scheduled vs. Jay Hieron during Saturday night’s “Night of Combat II” at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

There is still a chance that Hieron, the first and only welterweight champion of the IFL, still may compete on tomorrow’s show. Event organizers are said to be scrambling for a replacement opponent for Kamaka and area fighter Chris Kennedy could be tapped to fight Hieron.

As a result of Kamaka’s test failure, he will be subject to a fine and suspension by NSAC.

• Biggmoney21 says:

C’mon, man, can’t a brother hit the bong every once in a while? Respec’ !

• afroman says:

I trained my ass off for months then I got high. I was gonna fight Jay Heiron but then I got high. Now I failed my piss test and got no fight…. because I got high because I got high Because I got HIIIGGHH.

• egad81 says:

LEGALIZE IT!

Mary Jane dont make your muscles grow or your brain cells for that matter.
    What a shitty way to lose a chance to fight.

Now…. in Holland were marijuana is decriminalized…. Do they still test for it?

• Stan the Caddy says:

“Mary Jane dont make your muscles grow or your brain cells for that matter.
    What a shitty way to lose a chance to fight.”

It is very shitty, especially for Hieron, but it is illegal and the dude knew that beforehand. Has no-one to blame but himself and he owes Hieron a huge apology.

• BJJDenver says:

Damn, I think Heiron might lose it if he doesn’t get to fight. He is chomping at the bit to get back at it.

• Jackyl says:

I think it’s pretty ridiculous. Marijuana is no more potent than alcohol. Even less so in a lot of respects. There is no benefit training wise, and there is certainly no benefit when it comes to fight time. This is just a product of society not being progressive or even realistic about certain things. Sure it is illegal. But it is also illegal to use alcohol in certain ways. The athletic commissions drug tests should cover performance enhancing or pain killing drugs. Period. Anything else is an invasion of privacy. I also think this should be expanded to the entire job market. Safety sensitive jobs should absolutely require a test. But it’s really sad that we live in a society where you have to pass a drug test to be a Wal Mart cashier or a clerk at Blockbuster. At the end of the day it is about the rules and if a fighter breaks the rules they deserve the punishment. But shouldn’t we all step back and ask ourselves the following: Does the rule need to be in place to begin with? Is it right to deny someone the right to make a living because of a personal choice? Maybe a fine or something like that is in order but to not let him fight is just wrong.

• ragefightingwear says:

here is a link to pics from this event.