Season seven veteran of “The Ultimate Fighter” Paul Bradley improved his record to 9-0 following a first round TKO over fellow TUF 7 veteran Dante Rivera in a battle of middleweights on Friday night in Atlantic City.
Competing for Lou Neglia’s Ring of Combat at the Tropicana Hotel and Casino, Bradley was able to finish Rivera when referee Yves Lavigne called a stop to the bout due to strikes just 34 seconds into round 1.
Bradley won a qualifying match to make it into the field of 16 middleweights for TUF 7 but was dismissed from the show due to an outbreak of Herpes Gladitorum. Since being released by the UFC, Bradley has received documentation from medical officials stating that it is safe for him to compete and the former NCAA wrestling standout has gone 3-0.
Now training out of the Lionheart Gym in State College, PA, Bradley’s next fight could come as a welterweight.
The loss dropped the 33-year old Rivera to 10-4. A native of New York, Rivera advanced as far as the second round of TUF 7 before losing a unanimous decision to Jesse Taylor. Rivera returned for the live season finale in June but lost a unanimous decision to his nemesis on the show, Matt Riddle.
Also featured on the card were two former EliteXC veterans.
Lightweight competitor Chris Liguori, who defeated Jim Bova during the undercard for “EliteXC: Primetime” on May 31, was able to improve to 9-7 after submitting Cory Mahon with an armbar at 3:41 of round 2.
John Doyle, who lost via first round TKO to Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante during “EliteXC: Street Certified” this past February was also in action. Facing rising prospect Costa Philipou in a light heavyweight encounter, Doyle was TKO’d at 3:05 of round 3 due to unanswered strikes.
Full results (courtesy of the New Jersey Athletic Control Board) for Ring of Combat XXII are as follows:
- Heavyweight: Pat Collins def. Jim Boudourakis via TKO (strikes) at 0:31 of round 1
- Bantamweight: Nick Pace def. Sean Santella via two-round unanimous decision
- Middleweight: Mike Stewart def. Chris Prestia via submission (arm triangle) at 3:34 of round 1
- Lightweight: John Salgado def. Jay Isip via submission (RNC) at 3:24 of round 1
- Lightweight: Dom Stanco def. Biff Walizer via KO (punch) at 0:40 of round 2
- Heavyweight: Joe Abouta def. Paul White via submission (RNC) at 3:06 of round 1
- Catchweight (150 lbs.): Jason McLean def. Jimmie Rivera via split decision
- Welterweight: Igor Gracie def. Troy Maxwell via unanimous decision
- Featherweight: David Sachs def. Tim Troxell via submission (rear choke) at 4:40 of round 1
- Lightweight: Chris Liguori def. Cory Mahon via submission (armbar) at 3:41 of round 2
- Middleweight: Paul Bradley def. Dante Rivera via TKO (punches) at 0:34 of round 1