Rob McCullough vs. Marcus Hicks WEC 38 matchup postponed

A widely reported lightweight bout between former WEC lightweight champion “Razor” Rob McCullough and Marcus Hicks that had been scheduled to take place at WEC 38 on Jan. 25 at the San Diego Sports Arena in San Diego, Calif. has been postponed.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com confirmed with news early Thursday morning with McCullough’s agent, Ken Pavia of MMA Agents.

Pavia indicated that the turn around time following McCullough’s last fight at WEC 36 on Nov. 5 and WEC 38 on Jan. 25 is too short. McCullough had to extend what originally was a rigorous eight week training camp to 16 weeks after WEC 36 was moved from September to November in light of Hurricane Ike. Then, he was involved in a physically grueling unanimous decision loss against Donald Cerrone last month that earned “Fight of the Night” honors.

McCullough had been hoping to earn a rematch vs. Jamie Varner following a title loss to him earlier this year at WEC 32 in Albuquerque, N.M.

Hicks, 8-1, suffered the first loss of his career while challenging Varner during Varner’s first defense of the title at WEC 35 this past August. Prior to challenging for the title, Hicks had gone 3-0 while competing under the WEC banner.

2 COMMENTS
  • J King says:

    I hate to beat a dead horse but “hey WEC if Bart or Rob Mc. or anybody else of that caliber fight, please televise it!!!”

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • nick jameson says:

    Razor rob is insanely exciting fight must show his fights!!! please

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

LEAVE A COMMENT!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Follow 5OZ