The Ultimate Fighter 8 Finale: Play-by-Play

Welcome to FiveOuncesofPain.com’s coverage of the finale of “The Ultimate Fighter: Team Nogueira vs. Team Mir”. Tonight winners will be decided in the lightweight and light-heavyweight classes.
The event features 155-pound finalists Phillipe Nover and Efrain Escudero, and 205-pound finalists Ryan Bader and Vinny Magalhaes. The event is being held at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas with live TV coverage on Spike beginning at 9p.m. ET.

You can Join our live chat room where readers are discussing the fights by going HERE

Quick Results.

Roli Delgado def. John Polakowski via submission 2:18, Round 2.

Shane Nelson def. George Roop via split decision.

Tom Lawlor def. Kyle Kingsbury via unanimous decision

Eliot Marshall def. Jules Bruchez via submission 1:27, Round 1.

Krzysztof Soszynski def. Shane Primm via submission 3:27, Round 2.

Junie Browning def. David Kaplan via submission 1:32, Round 2.

Wilson Gouveia def. Jason MacDonald via TKO 2:18, Round 1.

Anthony Johnson def. Kevin Burns via knockout 0:28, Round 3.

Ryan Bader def. Vinny Magalhaes via KO 2:18, Round 1.

Efrain Escudero def. Phillipe Nover via unanimous decision.

• Rich S. says:

mmmm nice…

so far EVERY one of my picks has lost :(

• KTru says:

I am surprised Roli beat the “Hugger”, and Nelson beating Roop. But the other fights were pretty easy calls and outcomes. Maybe with the exception of Krzysztof winning via submission versus TKO.

• HexRei says:

Junie rocked the house. Maybe not to the level of Nover, but he made Kaplan look pretty mediocre.

• KTru says:

well well well, for those that called Bader the winner at 205 at the beginning of the season, congrats

Bader is a powerhouse….plain and simple

• Rich S. says:

REALLY disappointed with Vinny..

If the other guy’s striking is better [which, tonight, Bader's was] do what you do best and GET HIM DOWN..

I’m sick of seeing these fighters try to fight outside their skillset [ex: MacDonald striking with Gouviea earlier tonight]

I was positive Vinny would win..
    but his overconfidence proved me wrong..

unfortunately,
    we may see that happen again tonight w/ Efrain/Phillipe..

• KTru says:

yeah Efrain won, but that 3rd round was definition of lay and pray. Nover showed some major holes in his game. But I am not convinced the better fighter won the fight.

Go ahead and yell at me now

• Ian Chase says:

I won’t yell at you KTru. I agree 100%. I think Dana was right,and Phillipe has an excellent future. Efrain has reached his pinnacle however.

• bubbafat says:

lashley wins in 40 sec’s

• Davey D says:

I thought the Efrain vs. Phillipe fight was a damn good one. Efrain controled most of it but Nover had his moment’s as well. The UD victory by Escudero was just. It is a good story to see he that was able to honor his late Father. Way to go fella’s!!!

I’ve said before and I’ll say it again…Bader has some REAL power behind those shot’s. He will be scary good at 205. With time, I think he could be a great contender. Possibly even become a Champion someday. Another great show to complete an excellent week of UFC entertainment.

• Ian Chase says:

And sorry to double post,but my gf loves Bader.Who can blame her?

• glock says:

I picked Johnson,McDonald, Kaplan.Nover,…… fok……

i don’t know whether to scratch my watch or wind my ass……

• glock says:

oh yeah , and I picked vinni too, over Bader…..

• JollyDV says:

I just want to thank the UFC for two nights of free MMA this week.

I was on the edge of my seat for a few fights tonight. I would love to see Johnson/Burns III.

Escudero/Nover was a really good fast paced fight. I think the Anderson Silva comparison was over the top. It put undo pressure on Nover and many probably expected more from him. Face it, no one is like Anderson Silva. Nover is very good and will get better but tonight was not his night. It was Efrain night!

• Robert says:

I agree with JollyDV 2 free cards of MMA in the same week including the fight for the troops with some insane endings then TUF 8 a much better finale than last year mostly due to Anthony Rumble Johnson’s KO.I love it.Now I can’t wait for UFC 93 in Ireland and then Fedor/Arlovski.