A planned lightweight bout between Mac Danzig and Josh Neer is still on the schedule for UFC Fight Night 17 on February 7, according to Neer’s management.
“Josh will be fighting Mac Danzig February 7th in the co-main event in Tampa as scheduled,” reads a statement by KO Dynasty Sports Management CEO Mickey Dubberly, who represents Neer. “Josh has been training very hard for this fight, and is looking forward to putting on a great fight for the UFC and fans. Josh would like to once again thank his family, fans, friends, training partners, UFC, and everyone that has supported him thru his career.”
Neer’s involvement in the fight had been called into question following a New Year’s Day in Des Moines, Iowa arrest on charges of driving under the influence and eluding police.
The UFC has yet to issue an official statement.
UFN 17 will emanate from the University of South Florida’s Sun Dome in Tampa with the current card reported to be the following:
- Joe Lauzon vs. Hermes Franca
- Mac Danzig vs. Josh Neer
- Amir Sadollah vs. Nick Catone
- Cain Velasquez vs. Denis Stojnic
- Anthony Johnson vs. Luigi Fioravanti
- Jake Rosholt vs. Alessio Sakara
- Rich Clementi vs. Gleison Tibau
- Kurt Pellegrino vs. Rob Emerson
- Matt Riddle vs. Steve Bruno
- Matt Grice vs. George Sotiropoulos