Anaheim, Calif. – All 22 fighters involved with Saturday’s presentation of “Day of Reckoning” by Affliction Entertainment and M-1 Global met weight requirements during Friday’s weigh-in.
The 60-minute plus marathon event was held inside the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. and saw the night’s heavyweight main eventers — WAMMA heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko and Andrei Arlovski — weigh-in below 240 pounds.
Emelianenko, a former heavyweight champion in PRIDE, tipped the scales at 230 pounds while Arlovski, a former heavyweight champion in the UFC, weighed in at a svelte 237 pounds.
Vitor Belfort, who will be fighting former U.S. Olympic Greco-Roman silver medalist Matt Lindland in a bout to be featured on pay-per-view, weighed in one pound below the maximum middleweight requirement of 186 pounds. For Belfort, “Day of Reckoning” represents only the second time he has made the cut to his new weight class.
Bobby Green, a late injury replacement for Chris Horodecki, had little trouble making weight despite having accepted a fight vs. Dan Lauzon on less than 24 hours notice. Scheduled to compete at the lightweight limit of 156 pounds, Green clocked in at 155.5 pounds.
Official results from the weigh-ins are listed below:
HDNet Televised Undercard (7 p.m. ET) –
- Welterweight: Patrick Speight (169 lbs.) vs. Brett Cooper (169 pounds)
- Featherweight: Albert Rios (145) vs. Antonio Duarte (145)
- Featherweight: L.C. Davis (143.75) vs. Bao Quach (140.5)
- Welterweight: Jason High (170) vs. Jay Hieron (169.25)
- Light Heavyweight: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (204.75) vs. Vladimir Matyushenko (204.5)
Main Card (9 p.m. ET on Showtime pay-per-view) –
- Lightweight: Dan Lauzon (155.5) vs. Bobby Green (155.5)
- Heavyweight: Kirill Sidelnikov (229.5) vs. Paul Buentello (244)
- Light Heavyweight: Renato Sobral (204) vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (205.25)
- Middleweight: Matt Lindland (186) vs. Vitor Belfort (184)
- Heavyweight: Josh Barnett (248) vs. Gilbert Yvel (240)
- Heavyweight: Fedor Emelianenko (230) vs. Andrei Arlovski (236)