LAS VEGAS – The Nevada State Athletic Commission has released disclosed salary figures from Saturday’s UFC 94 event at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
The highest paid fighter for the event was UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre, who earned a total of $400,000 for his fourth round TKO victory over B.J. Penn. St. Pierre’s guarantee for the fight was $200,000 and he was paid an additional $200,000 in the form of a win bonus.
Penn received $125,000 for the losing effort but would have doubled his disclosed take home pay and walked away with $250,000 had he been victorious.
Another big winner last night was still undefeated light heavyweight Lyoto Machida, who netted a disclosed total of $185,000. The Brazilian native received a $60,000 guarantee plus a $60,000 win bonus. He received an additional $65,000 in the form of a “Knockout of the Night” bonus in recognition of his first round KO of Thiago Silva.
Complete salary totals are listed below but it must be noted as a disclaimer that the published figures do no include undisclosed totals such as signing bonuses, locker room bonuses, pay-per-view bonuses, sponsorship earnings, and any other forms of compensation to fighters that are not disclosed to the commission as a matter of public record.
- Georges St. Pierre: $400,000 ($200,000 to show plus $200,000 to win)
- Lyoto Machida: $185,000 ($60,000 to show; $60,000 to win; and $65,000 for “Knockout of the Night”)
- B.J. Penn: $125,000 (would have earned an additional $125,000 had he won)
- Clay Guida: $105,000 ($20,000 to show; $20,000 to win; and $65,000 for “Fight of the Night”)
- Nate Diaz: $85,000 ($20,000 to show and $65,000 for “Fight of the Night”;would have earned an additional $20,000 had he won)
- Karo Parisyan: $80,000 ($40,000 to show and $40,000 to win)
- Chris Wilson: $80,000 ($15,000 to show and $65,000 for “Fight of the Night”; would have earned an additional $15,000 had he won)
- John Howard: $71,000 ($3,000 to show; $3,000 to win; and $65,000 for “Fight of the Night”)
- Jon Fitch: $68,000 ($34,000 to show and $34,000 to win)
- Thiago Silva: $29,000 (would have earned an additional $29,000 had he won)
- Akihiro Gono: $28,000 (would have earned an additional $28,000 had he won)
- Dong Hyun Kim: $26,000 (would have earned an additional $26,000 had he won)
- Thiago Tavares: $26,000 ($13,000 to show and $13,000 to win)
- Stephan Bonnar: $22,000 (would have earned an additional $22,000 had he won)
- Manny Gamburyan: $14,000 (would have earned an additional $14,000 had he won)
- Dan Cramer: $16,000 ($8,000 to show and $8,000 to win)
- Jon Jones: $14,000 ($7,000 to show and $7,000 to win)
- Matt Arroyo: $8,000 (would have earned an additional $8,000 had he won)
The disclosed fighter payroll for the event is $1,057,000 but that does not include salary figures for Christian Wellisch and Jake O’Brien, which were not immediately available. The listed total also does not include the “Fight Night” bonsues that were incorporated into the total payouts for Howard, Wilson, Machida, Guida, and Diaz.