Strikeforce’s April 11 show could be televised on Showtime; Radach vs. Smith expected

FiveOuncesOfPain.com has learned that a tentatively planned Strikeforce event on April 11 at the HP Pavilon in San Jose, Calif. could potentially be broadcast on Showtime.

A source speaking on the condition of anonymity has informed Five Ounces of Pain that despite reports to the contrary, existing television contracts between EliteXC and partners CBS and Showtime were not acquired as assets in Strikeforce’s completed deal to acquire select assets from ProElite.

However, the source indicated that talks between Showtime and CBS have been ongoing with Strikeforce and a deal to televise Strikeforce is considered likely to be finalized.

Five Ounces of Pain has also confirmed that a fight planned for the April 11 event will feature Benji Radach vs. Scott Smith in middleweight action. It is also believed that talks are currently taking place for Frank Shamrock to headline the event against a yet to be determined opponent.

• madiq says:

I’m hoping for Frank Shamrock vs. Frank Trigg myself…

• meatloaf says:

Radach vs. Scott Smith would be an absolute war.
    Frank Shamrock will probably get a tune up fight after being out for a year and I know eventually he wants a rematch with Tito Ortiz.

• bendover says:

damn i liked the strikeforce shows on hdnet…but ill give this a go

• kidneybeans says:

yeah what happens to the Srikeforce HDnet contract? Did they get out of it or has it already expired? I don’t get showtime and I don’t get CBS in HD so I would rather see the events on HDnet, but if it means more fighters I’m all for it.

• RoadsideGraphix says:

I want to know how Shamrock is going to fight with those braces he was wearing on the last EliteXC event.
    I know for a fact that it hurts like hell getting punched in the mouth with braces, even with a mouth guard.

• TerribleT says:

I like it!!!!!!!! Any time SHOWTIME is getting involved I think it can only be a good thing for MMA in general. Hopefully one day HBO will follow suit and do the same.

• VENOM says:

I can’t wait! Let’s get Gina back in the cage, Mr Coker. Thanks! :-)

• king mob says:

i wonder if the fight network will continue to broadcast the showtime events in canada?

• Brendhan Conlan says:

Radach vs. Smith should be epic! Both love to bang, have great power, and aren’t afraid to leave it all inside the cage.