White confirms deal for reality TV show is off during upcoming interview on “The MMAsh”

UFC President Dana White not only reiterated his apology to the gay community during a taped appearance that will air on the syndicated CBS Radio show “The MMAsh,” but also confirmed he will be taking on a reduced media presence as a result of this week’s controversy.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com obtained the audio courtesy of “The MMAsh” before it is set to air tonight from 9-10 p.m. PT (check local listings).

“… I offended and hurt some people (that) I didn’t meant to offend and hurt,” said a contrite White. “An apology was in order so I apologize, and I meant it. I have no ill will whatsoever towards anyone in the gay community.”

During the 30-plus segment, White also revealed that as a result of this week’s controversy, his YouTube video blogs leading up to major UFC events have been discontinued and that plans to do a reality television show have been scuttled.

“Not only have I not changed my mind about (not doing) the video blogs, I had a reality show too called American Promoter,” began White. “We had a done deal to do it and now I’m not going to do that either.”

White expressed that having cameras on him constantly just isn’t a good idea.

“It’s too much, man,” he began. “It’s way too much. You see the video blog. It follows me all day (and) all night. We actually shot the pilot for American Promoter. We already shot that. That’s worse than the blog. They’ve got a full camera crew; boom guy; (and) a couple producers surrounding me all day and all night. This incident that happened, it’s just, I’m like ‘no way, it’s too much.’… I’m going to be me. Me being me, I’m going to be me and I just don’t need that 24/7.”

While the reality television show is off, White didn’t rule out resuming filming of video blogs in the future.

The White interview will be available in its entirety starting at 9 p.m. PT/12 midnight ET on CBS Radio affiliates around the country. You will also be able to listen live by clicking here.

• Pulp says:

Wait a second here:

“It’s way too much. You see the video blog. It follows me all day (and) all night. We actually shot the pilot for American Promoter. We already shot that. That’s worse than the blog. They’ve got a full camera crew; boom guy; (and) a couple producers surrounding me all day and all night.”

Does that mean he now has empathy for the guys who lose it mentally on TUF?

• cocoonofhorror says:

thank god, i could not have handled a D’anus reality show. that would have been the end.

• detroit_fan says:

This makes me sick. All these whiney people pretended to be offended by what he said so now we don’t get to hear form him as much. I’m ashamed that I live in a country where you can’t even say what you want without false outrage form groups that are only loooking for media attention.

• miss_mma says:

I for one enjoy his video blogs and hope he continues doing them. The guy with the camera phone only follows him during a week of an event, so I think he could handle that.

• aimres says:

Damn. Just edit the shows and video blogs carefully.

• broncos12405 says:

I can’t believe he’s backing down like this. This is bullshit. He offends people everyday but he say’s faggot once and It’s hands across America. GET OVER IT U WHINEY PUSSIES!!!

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Damn! we need another (non)reality show.

Yeah as much as Dana needs a comb!.

The reasons for this being stopped I couldn’t care less about, I’m just glad it’s not going to happen.
    I hate TUF and the way it focuses so much on the drama of being in the house and all the bitch fighting. It’s mostly just gossip that has nothing to do with MMA. Then they come in and say “hey you guys we don’t want you to act like this you are making MMA fighters look stupid”. No the show does that, as if you have to focus half the show on it or even show that crap on tv. Truth is to get a UFC contract all you need to do is go in there and act a dick, even if you don’t win or if you get kicked out of the house people are gonna want to see you fight.
    Sad but the UFC is turning into one big (non)reality show. It should be a serious sport where popularity means F#@k all not whether you get a shot at the title, leave that for WWE. Fighters beg for title shots! “please Dana give me a title shot”. You don’t earn a title shot by winning it seems, before you get the belt you need to win King Dana’s favour fist. It makes me feel like my favourate sport is a sham, controlled by the dictator Lord Dana and his lust for power. I mean Machida has to beat 500 guys to get a shot, Couture none and Lesnar 1. Go figure. Machida wasn’t exciting enough, It was openly talked about and hardly an eyebrow was raised. The sad thing is I’m one of the few who feel this way most MMA fans are happy with this, they love Dana and will jump at any chance to defend him or the UFC. They will say something like “typical UFC bashing” like Dana has them in some jedi mind trick. I’ve watched the UFC since day one and I will comment on anything that seems wrong be it UFC or otherwise and I can’t see why people need to defend the UFC as if they are part of a gang.

Wow that feels better. What was this thread about again?.

• GetItOn says:

Pulp said “Does that mean he now has empathy for the guys who lose it mentally on TUF?”

Ovviously he does! Look at Junie Browning.

• GetItOn says:

I mean “obviously”. Oops.

And

MMA-LOGIC you are right. I have defended Dana White but I have also questioned some of his logic when it comes to how the match ups come to fruition. The thing is that at the end of the day, marketing is what makes money. Although I believe that Machida is a great and highly skilled MMA practitioner, he is not nearly as marketable as even Rashad Evans is at this point. Marketable fighters are what brings in the money. Unfortunately raw talent isn’t. Unless you are Fedor. But even he wasn’t well know by the majority of MMA enthusiasts until he began his journey with Affliction. Fame brings fortune.

• PoD135 says:

1st apology:
    “anyone who knows me, knows (that wasn’t me).”

2nd apology:
    “I’m going to be me. Me being me, I’m going to be me and I just don’t need that 24/7.”

Seriously, being offended and commenting on its merit is only one part of this, what’s worse is the objective issue of Dana White being outta control. At least you ppl backing White’s slander can’t say it was anything but smart.

• PoD135 says: