After putting together nine straight victories it appears as though dangerous Brazilian lightweight Ronny Torres is set to make his UFC debut.
Torres recently revealed that he would be making his first appearance in the Octagon at UFC Fight Night 19 which is expected for September 16 in an interview with Tatame.com.
“I’ll fight on September 16 (UFC Fight Night 19), but I still have no opponent”, confirmed Torres.
He was previously scheduled to face off with Melvin Guillard but a knee injury forced Torres to withdraw from the bout.
“I can’t imagine who my opponent is, it would be Melvin Guillard, but I got hurt. Regardless of who it will be, I’ll be 100% ready to make a great fight”, said Torres.
The injury is rehabilitating nicely and Torres expects to be back to his old form in time for his arrival in the UFC’s stacked lightweight division
“The recovery was great,” revealed Torres. “The doctors said that I would return to the trainings in five, six months, but I was already getting crazy. I did the right recovery with the physiotherapists, it was everything very fast. So, we called the UFC and marked the fight”