Rampage vs. Rashad expected for Memphis in December

quinton-jacksonIt’s no secret as to who Quinton “Rampage” Jackson will be facing next. Rampage and Rashad Evans are currently acting as coaches on the tenth season of The Ultimate Fighter and the two are expected to have a highly anticipated showdown following the shows conclusion.

Jackson recently announced that he expects to face Evans in Memphis, Tennesse in December.

The statement came during a recent YouTube video blog featuring his friend Computer from MTV’s Three Six Mafia Hollyhood.

“We fightin’ in Memphis baby, in December,” exclaimed Rampage. “We fightin’ in December!”

Rampage will be coming off of his closely contested decision victory over friend and training partner to Evans, Keith Jardine, while Rashad will be looking to get back in the win column after his recent title loss to Lyoto Machida.

• Jstew3785 says:

I really don’t think this fight will be close. Rampage is going to dominate him and probably knock him out. Rampage has said he’s been working on his wrestling. He’s not going to outwrestle Rashad, but I’m sure his takedown defense will be good enough to keep the fight standing. Not taking anything away from Rashad because he is definitely a top 5 fighter, I just don’t think he matches up well with Rampage.

• MMAMoneyLine says:

I’ve underrated Rashad Evans for too long. Even with his loss against Machida, he is still arguably the 2nd best Light Heavyweight.

Jackson had problems with Dan Henderson. Evans’s wrestling is in the same league as Hendersons, and Rashad will be bigger than Dan and have better striking. Don’t sleep on Rashad Evans against Quinton Jackson in December!

• edub says:

Rashad by dec. I don t see this fight being stopped by either fighter.

• PlagueAngel says:

Rampage didn’t look the same in the Jardine fight so I don’t know if its the training camp or the fact that he over trained for the fight. You have to remember that Rampage outwrestled Henderson so I don’t think that will be an issue against Rashad. Its going to turn out into a boxing match, and Rashad has faster hands and better footing. I will however be rooting for Rampage.

• Jstew3785 says:

I would disagree that Rashad has better footwork. He might have faster hands, but Rampage’s technical boxing skills are superior than Rashad’s. I think Rampage was burned out in the Jardine fight and underestimated him.

• redness says:

I would also add that jackson has just had surgey on his jaw recently. Im sure that was a factor in the jardine fight. I think the fight will go the distance.

• Jstew3785 says:

That’s true. I forgot about that. He injured his jaw before the Silva fight.

• Komodo says:

=WAR RAMPAGE=

• neijia says:

very hard to say. rashad is not a former olympian like henderson but neither is rampage. rampage has been getting more technical in boxing lately though his biggest error was eating those leg kicks from griffin. also technical boxing doesn’t mix that well with his old more powerful style. it could be really good or really boring.

• shotokai_ says:

It will be a tense affair, both prefer counter-boxing. The grappling is tight and so is the stand up. I’d give a slight, very slight, edge to Jackson in both. And this is definitely going to a decision.

• TerribleT says:

Damn this fight is a long way off that’s for sure.If Machida gets by Shogun he won’t be fighting the winner of this fight until at least late spring next year and maybe even summer.

• Ft. Dub says:

Can we get a decent f-ing headline fight for UFC 103 in Dallas? I’m so excited they’re finally coming to DFW, but it seems like they’re stacking the card with third rate fighters.

• PlagueAngel says:

Ft.Dub is getting first class seats in the front row to see third rate fighters go to boring decisions! Be more optimistic man. Hermes Franca and Tyson Griffin might fight! Lol