Fedor set to answer all questions during press conference on Wednesday

Fedor Emelianenko will address the media for the first time since the announcement of the cancellation of “Affliction Trilogy” this Wednesday at a press conference right here in the United States.

The conference is set for July 29 from the Double Tree Hotel in Anaheim, California.

During the conference Fedor will discuss his thoughts on the cancellation of the latest Affliction event, his future in the fight game and much more.

“Since the cancellation, there has been a great deal of speculation regarding Fedor and M-1,” said Fedor’s manager and the president of M-1 Global Vadim Finkelchtein in a press release recently issued to FiveOuncesOfPain.com. “On Wednesday, the media and fans will be able to hear what’s going on with Fedor from the man himself.”

Emelianenko is currently a free agent and in talks with several organizations to decide where he will compete in the future.

• fanoftna33 says:

My guess is Fedor will be very noncommital in this conference. He is to much of a gentleman to really put Barnett down or cut up on affliction. It will be good to see him talk but i dont expect a lot

• edub says:

What happend to the Diaz article?

To Fan: Me neither.

• fanoftna33 says:

Something messed up all the comments say private.

• fanoftna33 says:

I dont mean any disrespect to Fedor by my statement, I just dont see him lowering himself to making any disparaging comments here.

• metalmulisha says:

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that he’s going to compete at the M-1 show in California on Aug.28th.

• fanoftna33 says:

That is in the same area, I wonder if he will go back to Russia or stay here and train?

• edub says:

Who could they bring in to fight him that would be any competition??

• Jstew3785 says:

I have no idea what to expect. I’m glad he is having his press conference before Dana White though. Set the record straight himself about coming to the UFC

Ray mercer!!!

• metalmulisha says:

edub says:Who could they bring in to fight him that would be any competition??

I would imagine one of the guys who was being discussed to replace Josh Barnett.
    Jeff Monson, Bobby Lashley, etc.

And kinda off topic did anyone else see some of the guys who were saying they’d take Barnett’s place? Guys like Tank Abbott, Tom Erikson, and Don Frye.

• Cory Brady says:

Diaz article is fixed! Thanks for the heads up guys

• ozz_the_powerful says:

I can’t even take this seriously. All the man is is a puppet. I respect the HELL out of him. I just don’t see him saying anything that his management hasn’t already told him to say.

• fanoftna33 says:

Most of thoes guys need the exposure right now, so throwing there name out there, rather they get the fight or not, is what they are after.

• cere says:

Likely nothing we haven’t heard before.

Disappointed with the collapse of Affliction. Was ready to fight anyone they brought out. Trained hard. Not sure where/when fighting next. UFC is an option but not without changes to the conditions. etc, etc, etc.

• metalmulisha says:

Calling Fedor a puppet is crazy.
    You can’t possibly think that he has no say in what he’s going to do.
    I mean the guy’s not stupid. It’s not like if his manager suggests that
    he should do something he disagrees with he just going to go along with it anyway.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

WOW. How much research have you done on the subject? What do you know about him as a person? How he lives? Where he lives?

Yeah, I said HE HAS NO SAY.It’s no secret Mulisha, he inked a deal with the devil. Have you EVER seen him anywhere without his manager right there?

I’m not saying he likes it the way it is. The man has no choice. I for one feel sorry for him. M-1 is killing any of his personal aspirations.

• edub says:

Tom Erikson now there is a blast from the past.

Mulisha I think the puppet comment was a little harsh too, but I do think there is some merit to it.

It just seems weird to me that M1 is tied in with Fedor so tightly.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

Aleksander Emelianeko quote about his bro
    “You can deal with UFC, I know that they have flexible contract system. All these talks about “strict” contract terms with signing with UFC, come ONLY from Vadim Finkelstein, who wants to push his owns business projects through Fedor’s fights”

• metalmulisha says:

ozz_the_powerful “Yeah, I said HE HAS NO SAY”

Ah..yeah you did if call someone a puppet it means they are not in control of what they do.
    And what I do know is that Fedor has called his manager his friend also so this obviously is a much closer bond than the average Manager/Fighter relationship.
    This man has been his manager for years and I don’t recall everyone in an uproar about him when Fedor was fighting in Pride.
    Bottom line is MMA fans in this country have to realize it seems they care more about Fedor going to fight in the UFC than Fedor himself cares about going to fight in the UFC.

Yeah edub I thought the same thing when I saw Erikson’s name mentioned.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

Mulisha, sorry to be a dick earlier. I needed a cigarette. Hey, at least I’m honest. Hope this helps in understanding the situation:

M-1 always has to be involved because after the demise of Pride and Fedor was a free agent he signed a 6 fight contract with them.

3 of those fights have taken place with Lindland, Sylvia, and Arlovski. There are 3 fights left. Even if he wanted to he couldnt get out of the contract. It would be a lot like Randy’s situation.

I dont know where I see Fedor going but the idea of the UFC is laughable unless the agreed to buyout the rest of his M-1 contact or co-promote which I dont see either happening.

• fanoftna33 says:

Fedor can get his fights out of the way but that means we wont see him in the ufc for probably 2 years. If you quoted Alexsander correctly that is a eye opener Ozz.

• edub says:

Mulisha dont mean to fight with you again, but I gotta good example of a bad relationship.

Mike Tyson use to call Don King his good friend too.

• cere says:

Any fighter that uses his promoter as his manager is a fool. Don King proved this beyond a doubt.

• fanoftna33 says:

The problem is thoes guy’s like king seem very sincere and tell these guys what they need to hear, they screw them out of money in so many little ways its hard for the fighters to see it until it is to late.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

I sure as hell hope I quoted him correctly; Lord knows I don’t spell or speak that bad, LOL!!!

• metalmulisha says:

I think it’s safe to say Fedor is a little more intelligent than Tyson. Mike Tyson apparently had no idea how much money Don King was entitled to in his contract and also used a Don King hired accountant to take care of his personal finances. I mean the guy was stupid.
    And if it comes out that Vadim also served prison time for pistol whipping a guy to death like Don King I’ll become a little bit more suspicious of him.
    I just happen to think this guy wants to get the best possible deal for Fedor money wise and with a lot of flexibility. Which will also benefit Vadim himself obviously also.

• fanoftna33 says:

Fedor will get more money than anybody, Dana has already stated that. Its got to be all the extras from both sides that cannot be agreed on. If they could just find that happy place…

• cere says:

There is an automatic conflict of interests when a manager is also the promoter. He may want to keep Fedor’s best interests in mind, but he also has to keep his own and his company’s interests in mind. At some point, these interests conflict. Whose do you think Vadim will consider most, his own and his company’s or his client?

• fanoftna33 says:

Vadim is slowly becoming a real force in the mma promotional field. He has M-1, with ties to everybody but the UFC. He has two very sought after fighters Fedor and Mousasi, and I assume the Red Devil team as well. It looks like he holds all the cards at the moment.

• fanoftna33 says:

I dont know if any of you guys read Kevin Ioles work but he call Fedor fans a “bunch of clapping seals who blindly approve of his every move”
    I hate to use foul language but that guy is a bit of a prick.

• metalmulisha says:

Kevin Iole is nothing but a Zuffa mouthpiece.
    You have to take all of his “reporting” for what it’s worth.
    When he covered boxing solely he use to bad mouth MMA as a sport. Now all of a sudden the man tries to pass himself off as an expert.

• fanoftna33 says:

I dont read his articles often and now I think I am done with them. That guy is a Dana stooge if I ever saw one.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

Go here if you want another view on what’s going on with Fedor
    No guarantees on if it’s legit, but if it isn’t, someone sure went through a lot of work

• metalmulisha says:

LOL here’s what Floyd Mayweather sr. thinks of Kevin Iole’s reporting.

• fanoftna33 says:

I didnt see Iole in that video, but if he doesnt like him I am happy, now anyway.

• fanoftna33 says:

Well If Fedor signes a deal with the ufc we all expect it to come out in Danas comference friday, well what if Fedor pulls the swerve and Dana comes out from behind the curtian at his conference….
    That would make my year, so far. Now if only they would reverse the decision in the hughes serra fight.

• metalmulisha says:

When someone asks Floyd who was it that that wrote the story that wasn’t true and pissed him off he points and says him then the camera goes to Iole and Floyd starts yelling for him to get his microphone out of his face. How’d you miss it?

• 40oz says:

Watching Bas’ interview with him and he appears to building his nest egg for his family’s future. The guy is way down to earth and don’t care about the lights just his family. So I actually could see him in UFC, defend the title like every 8-12 months (at a hefty pay day) and spend the down time hanging with family, playing his accordion and playing his chess.
    If Dana’r will let him do his Sambo tournaments that would be nothing but international advertising at its best. With that UFC will be global before any american sports organization.

• fanoftna33 says:

he has stated in many interviews that he is not a true fan of mma. I guess because he is so good he keeps at it.

• 40oz says:

fanoftna3 exactly man. I heard him also where he stated that he does it for the money (and its easy.)

• s00nertp says:

omg, this is insane news. omg omg!
    cant wait until the announcement!

• ozz_the_powerful says:

It’s gonna be big, whether today or Friday

• fanoftna33 says:

If they announce thst Fedor is going to the ufc while I am at work people are going to think I am crazy because there is no way I can not get a bit vocal about that.

• Any idea what time this starts?

• fanoftna33 says:

They dont even have a time for the conference up on the M-1 site yet. Maybe they are still negotiating with somebody?

• cere says:

Most of the sites I saw it mentioned on yesterday said Wednesday at 1 p.m. PT at the DoubleTree Hotel in Anaheim, Cali.

• Cory Brady says:

It will be this afternoon at 1 pm PT. So in just over an hour. Be sure to check back right here at 5 Oz’s as we will provide full coverage of the press conference shortly after it wraps.

• fanoftna33 says:

Thanks I see I have to skip my lunch and check for news, who needs to eat at a time like this.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

I just got off the M-1 site. First of all, I had to highlight the article on the press conference b/c some genius typed with black letter on a black background. *Way to go, dummy!*

Anyway, have you guys seen the way they talk about Fedor in general? I lost count of how many times they said, “defeated former UFC heavyweight champion”

Key word- FORMER. They talk about him “destroying” 5 or 6 (can’t remember) FORMER UFC Heavyweight Champions.

It’s just aggrevating. Just wanting to rant….. Waiting for details of Press Conference

• fanoftna33 says:

That site reaslly made it difficult to look anything up, the first few times I went there I thought they left the pages blank.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

Wow. Stephan Bonnar just said that if Tito comes back to the UFC he want’s to fight him.

ROTFFLMFAO ! ! !

You just got owned by 2 wrestlers back to back. Just…. WOW.

• edub says:

Yea I hate to say it about a guy who was involved in one of the greatest fights of all time, but I think he should be cut and see if he can return to some type of top form.

• fanoftna33 says:

Stephan has just not evolced at all as a fighter since his TUF days. Maybe losing hi trainer has a lot to do with that, but he is still the same brawler with no takedown defense and a very solid chin.