Dana White confirms the addition of multiple former Affliction fighters

During today’s conference call with the media, UFC President Dana White confirmed the addition of multiple former Affliction fighters to both the UFC and WEC roster.

According to White, Paul Daley, Ben Rothwell, Chase Gormley, Dan Lauzon, Rafaello “Tractor” Oliveira has all been signed to UFC contracts.

Additionally, Mark Hominick, L.C. Davis, and Javier Vazquez have all been signed to WEC contracts.

White indicated that more additions from the Affliction roster could be made.

When asked about Affliction heavyweights Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski, White said he had no interest in re-signing either at this time.

• hindsightufuk says:

Buentello’s back?! wicked!
    always got love for the headhunter!
    chuffed for paul daley too

• t-shreds says:

Looking forward to seeing Hominick in the WEC

• t-shreds says:

Looking forward to seeing Hominick in the WEC

• t-shreds says:

Looking forward to seeing Hominick in the WEC

• Snoop Dogg says:

I think T-shreds is looking forward to seeing Homininick in the WEC

• roshambo says:

The WEC is a great organization and they put on quality cards. It’s too bad they don’t get more attention than they do as any attention they get is well deserved. Any word on who Hominick will fight first?

• ozz_the_powerful says:

Joe vs Dan Lauzon, anyone?

• GetItOn says:

Where does it show that Buentello has been signed?

• Jstew3785 says:

Roshambo- you’re exactly right. The WEC is probably my favorite promotion to watch. I know I’ve said this before, but the little guys are more skilled and come to fight. They need to incorporate it with the UFC so these amazing fighters can get some exposure. Now, this is all my opinion, but they have 3 of the top 10 p4p fighters in the world (Torres, Brown, Faber). That’s like having the winning lottery ticket and doing nothing about it.

• Cory Brady says:

Five Ounces apologizes. We thought we heard Buentello’s name mentioned but upon reviewing the recorded conference, he was NOT one of the announced signees.

• Joseph says:

Buentello is still signed to Strikeforce, I believe.

• fanoftna33 says:

Buentello would have been great, but the ufc still made out like bandits here. Daley is going to tear up the ww division.

• Ah damn. I was stoked to hear Paul was back in the UFC. I hope they are able to get a hold of Santiago also. I think he is with Sengoku tho.

• Rich S. says:

Sooooooooo freaking stoked about Paul Daley finally arriving in the UFC..

• Paul Daley is awesome to watch, no doubt. Some great fights over here for him. With his style fans will instantly love him.

• fanoftna33 says:

I said it earlier, Daley vs Lytle= fight of the year canidate…

• MMA-LOGIC says:

What about Fedor, Mousassi, Babalu, Little Nog, Lindland, Arlovski and Sylvia?
    When I read the title I did not expect to be so let down.

• dpk says:

I was hoping for Horodrecki, and Gomi, but I’m not sure if they are tied to any other organizations.

Of course Iike everyone else I really wanted to see Fedor and Mousasi, but enough has been said already about Fedor and his management, and Mousasi is just tied up for now with Dream and now Strikeforce.

• FroMuaythai47 says:

I really wish Cung Le would hold off on trying to be a movie star and get serious about fighting again. He would be an excellent addition to the UFC right now if he was focused on fighting. A couple directors showed interest in him and now he thinks he will be the next Bruce Lee. I know everybody dreams of being a huge movie star but I just dont see it happening for Cung and I think he is going to waste his last few good years trying to figure this out. I have a similar style of fighting so he is one of my favorite fighters to watch so it is so hard for me to watch him waste all that talent. There would be so many great matchups for him in the UFC. I know Dana is a fan so ya never know!

• metalmulisha says:

Not sure about Horodecki, but Gomi was offered the Melendez fight in Strikeforce that went to Ishida but turned it down because he said it was too short notice for a new opponent. He’ll probably head back to Shooto.
    Interesting how the guys Horodecki and Gomi were suppose to fight in Affliction got matched up against one another for UFC 104 I believe or maybe it’s UFC 103 can’t remember.
    Also it looks like Josh Barnett is a go for a Sengoku event in November.

• Bullylover says:

If daley gets a few wins under his belt i hope to see him face that fagget hardy on a card in england. That is instant fireworks. just imagine it “FOR THE LOVE OF ENGLAND LETS GET IT ON” that would be awsome. Hopefully it ends with hardy out-cold leaking.That oliveira guy is pretty awsome to. That fight against beerbohm was his till they stopped it due to his cut.

• Bullylover says:

Too bad they didn’t want aarlovski i’d really love to see aarlovski vs cc. That would be a for sure highlight-reel knockout. plus I’m sure many other fans have wondered who would win between these 2. The boxer vs the kickboxer