Joe Stevenson and Spencer Fisher expected for UFC 104

joe stevensonA fight between Joe “Daddy” Stevenson (30-10 MMA, 7-4 UFC) and Spencer Fisher (23-4 MMA, 8-3 UFC) is expected to take place at UFC 104.

The bout is not official but MMAJunkie.com has cited a source close to the fight who said it’s in the process of being finalized.

Stevenson is coming off an impressive performance over Nate Diaz in June. Stevenson dominated Diaz on the ground and picked up a much needed win. Before the victory over Diaz, Stevenson had lost three of his previous four fights.

Fisher most recently defeated UFC veteran Caol Uno for his third consecutive win in the organization. During his three-fight winning streak, Fisher has also defeated Shannon Gugerty and Jeremy Stephens.

Fisher has now won four of his past five fights and six of his past eight overall, which has put him back in contention for a lightweight title shot.

Should Stevenson emerge victorious, he too would once again throw his name back into the hat for a title shot down the road as well.

• Jak says:

Kind of an irrelevant fight.

I’m not much of a Joe Daddy fan, but his Diaz fight was frickin’ awesome!

Fisher vs. Uno… booo. :)

This could be a real good fight, hopefully they fight like they might get dropped if the lose and not cautiously.

• Kamakosmo says:

Thought Fish said he was going to the WEC? I like Fisher, but I fear this is a “Get Joe S. back on the winning track” kind of fight.

• dpk says:

I wouldn’t say this is completely irrelevant, if Fisher wins then he is on a 4 fight win streak which would throw him in line for fights against guys like Maynard, Edgar, or the KenFlo/BJ loser.

• Jak says:

dpk… i only meant irrelevant in the fact that both Fisher and Stevenson are journeymen and aren’t likely to make a splash in the LW division anytime soon.

Not that it won’t be a potentially great fight, but both have been around for quite a while and both are pretty far down the charts of the UFC LW division.

• Gotta go wtih Joe Daddy in this one. I do agree with Jak that this is a bit of a odd matchup. I think it should be a pretty good fight tho. I think Stevensons strength and wrestling will be too much for Fisher tho.

• fanoftna33 says:

Fischer already got creamed by edgar and the same would happen to him vs Maynard, and kenny. I see stevenson getting another choke out here.

• Rich S. says:

What a war..

I love Fisher; he always brings the fight..

Stevenson seems to be back to his old, winning ways.. His performance against Diaz was amazing and showed that he’s back as one of the top contenders in the division.. which leads me to my next point: Why is he fighting Spencer Fisher?

I suppose it makes sense, because that was Daddy’s first win in his last 3, whereas Fisher is 3-0 in his last 3 with wins over Stephens and Uno..

But it just seems like after beating Diaz like that he would be fighting a bit higher competition..

It’ll still be an awesome fight..

• Bullylover says:

seems like fisher is the underdog in this one. Hopefully he pulls all the stops in this one. He always comes to fight and knows how to put on a show.

• moosebaby02 says:

I LOVE FISHER but this does seem to be a get back track for Joe Daddy. ya Kamakosmo i thought i heard he was going down too

• metalmulisha says:

I thought the Nate Diaz fight got Stevenson back on track.