Kimbo Slice Confirms UFC Debut in December; Hints at UFC 107

kimboAs mixed martial arts fans all over the world lick their chops in anticipation of the biggest show in the history of The Ultimate Fighter, Kimbo Slice took some time out to speak with the media recently to share his thoughts on his tomorrow evening’s  showdown with Roy Nelson.

The most revealing aspect of the extended conversation with the media was the fact that Kimbo repeatedly and openly discussed his preparations for a bout in December.

The former Youtube brawler let the cat out of the bag for the first time during the conference when asked a general question in regards to his immediate plans, where he revealed, “Well, you know, after I get back home I’m going to continue my training at American Top Team in Coconut Creek. You know, so I continue training, be ready for my flight in December.”

Confirming his previous statement in a response to a later question concerning his typical training schedule for a fight, Kimbo explained, “I’m in camp now. I’m just planning for my fight in December. So I’m just used to training for three months, you know what I’m saying, for a fight. That’s just what I’m used to.”

Perhaps the most revealing moment of the media call came in the very last question where Neil Davidson of The Canadian Press basically had Kimbo confirm that he would be taking part in UFC 107, planned for December 12 from Memphis, Tennessee, before ultimately stating that he couldn’t comment on the situation.

Below is the full transcript from the dialogue between the two:

Neil Davidson: Yes Kimbo. Do I take it then you’re fighting December 12 in Memphis?

Kimbo Slice: Yes. Say that again?

Neil Davidson: Are you fighting December 12 in Memphis?

Kimbo Slice: Yes, I can’t comment on that one now.

Neil Davidson: So that was a yes, no comment?

Okay, I guess that’s it.

• mmajay says:

am i the only one who sees kimbo filling in for rampage vs evans?

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 8 Thumb down 14

• Angry Mike says:

If Kimbo did lose the fight with Nelson, all this misdirection will really make him a target.

• jmack91 says:

Yeah not sure what the ufc is trying to do here.either he beats nelson and makes it far in the show,or he is out after one fight and the ufc is just using him to sell pay per views.Interesting.

• fanoftna33 says:

The ufc will bring back almost all the fighters from each season of tuf, they always have-if only for 1 fight on a fight night card. Most of these guys prove themselfs pretty soon.
    Remember after the first season the fight night it was announced that both Koscheck and Leber were fighting for contracts and Leben won his fight while Koscheck lost in the last 30 seconds but got the contract anyway.
    Regardless of what Dana says the ufc will use fighters who make them money, period. Good fighter(george Sotiropolis) or not(Junie Browning) they will use you they have to capitalize off the notirity from the show.

• slayer6 says:

well NO MATTER WHAT, the UFC is using Kimbo to sell their TUF 10 and then to sell many more PPV’s afterwards. they didnt go after him because of his skills, because we have seen that there is little in that department. Remember, Dana is a PROMOTER, he knows how to fill arenas. And even is he talked trash on Kimbo the whole time he fought under another banner, as long as he is under the UFC banner he is good as GOLD.

• BigDave says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Weak-Sauce. Thumb up 1 Thumb down 20

• jim7283 says:

Can’t wait to see Kimbo @ the gym – first I’ve heard of him training in Coconut Creek, anyone know if the show is done taping yet?

• psychout says:

kimbo is not talkin about ufc 107.he is talkin about TUF finale.if he wins the show ofcoarse he fights on the finale. but even if he doesnt most of the fighters from the show fight on the finale card anyway.im sure thats wat he is talkin about.

• Rampage says:

The show was done taping before Episode 1 ever aired…….Why do so many people hate Kimbo so much??? He just a dude who fights on the street and is trying to get paid for it now…..

• madheartmma says:

I HATE BigDave !

Did everyone get that? GOOD!

He’s the dumbest , most negative piece of shit blogger I’ve had to read. He doesnt deserve to type on computers ! OR even speak words, he probably cant even read ! He speaks into a head-set, that types words for him! AAARRRGGGGG! ME ANGRY !!!! ME HATE NOW TOO!!!!