Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Houston Alexander possible for UFC 107

Houston AlexanderA slugfest between Kimbo Slice and Houston Alexander is looking like a strong possibility for UFC 107.

A source close to the situation advised FiveOuncesofPain.com today that although no bout agreements have been sent, at least one of the fighters has been formally approached about the possibility of the bout.

UFC 107 is scheduled for December 12 from Memphis, Tennessee, and will feature a headlining lightweight championship bout between B.J. Penn and Diego Sanchez.

Kimbo would be coming off of the heels of his appearance on “The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights“, and his recent TUF 10 loss at the hands (and moon-sized belly) of Roy “Big Country” Nelson. Prior to his stint at the TUF house Kimbo suffered a lightning quick TKO defeat to Seth Petruzelli after racking up wins over guys like Tank Abbott and James “Colossus” Thompson.

Alexander recently bounced back into the winners circle with a first round TKO over Sherman Pendergarst during Adrenaline IV in September, following three consecutive defeats with the UFC.

A bout between the two heavy handed knockout artists at UFC 107 would go a long way in filling the void left by the scratching of Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Rashad Evans due to Rampage’s current involvement as B.A. Baracus on the upcoming A-Team remake.

Stay tuned to FiveOuncesofPain.com for any further develpments on this story.

• edub says:

Houston by tko.

This better not be the headliner.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 36 Thumb down 27

• fanoftna33 says:

Kimbo by ko round 1.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 40 Thumb down 49

• Niv says:

And so it begins, here comes the first fight to help build up Kimbo’s record.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 35 Thumb down 42

• fanoftna33 says:

So is this fight going to be at 205, or a heavyweight fight?

Well-Done. Thumb up 36 Thumb down 9

• bigbadjohn says:

haha Wow. even with houstons weak ground game i bet he will be entertaining the idea of exploiting kimbos even weaker ground game. this would be much less exciting then a stand and bang. surely he will be pressured to keep it on the feet though

Well-Done. Thumb up 23 Thumb down 8

• David Andrest says:

I can hear it now…..” Someone is going to sleep” , ” No danger of a gogoplata here” Two family men fighting for their bread….ect..

Well-Done. Thumb up 51 Thumb down 10

• Bullylover says:

my guess is that this fight is going to be at 205 since houston looks like he’ll be a really small heavyweight.this fight definatley makes sense since each guy has close to 0 ground game and prefer to play the rock em sock em robots scenario.hope this fight goes down.they’re both very much alike in their backgrounds and have mirror styles of each other.I have to give the strength and possible power advantage to kimbo though.

Well-Done. Thumb up 26 Thumb down 10

• moosebaby02 says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Weak-Sauce. Thumb up 23 Thumb down 37

• xtreme_machine says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Weak-Sauce. Thumb up 17 Thumb down 29

• Jstew3785 says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Weak-Sauce. Thumb up 18 Thumb down 31

• jcash says:

Woo I hope this turns out to be an all out war!

Well-Done. Thumb up 34 Thumb down 5

• Who ever came up with this match up is pure genius! Would be a great shame to sacrifice either to a ground specialist or even a highly technical striker. I hope Dana and Joe Silva make this thing happen.

Well-Done. Thumb up 39 Thumb down 4

• fetussandwich says:

This is like putting Pepsi against Coke. They’re both good, humble guys, so it’s a shame either of them have to lose really. But in my heart of hearts, Kimbo will always seem suspect to me after his loss to Petruzelli. At the end of the day, Houston has faced the notable competition, but it’s still a coin flip to me when both have the puncher’s chance.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 19 Thumb down 10

• BiG BaD BuLL says:

this is disappointing from a “purist” perspective. Kimbo (nice guy that I’m sure he is) has shown that he doesn’t belong in mma, much less the UFC. stacking him up against his physical/ capability equivilent is just a ploy to keep him in the ufc. smart business move, though. I give punching power to Houston, but striking ability to Kimbo ( and I weep while I do it.)

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 10

• Angry Mike says:

Houston has faster hands, and he has enough wrestling skill to shoot in and take Kimbo down. I expect him to go for the early takedown and gnp Kimbo for a KO/TKO in the first. Houston’s already been cut from UFC once, so I expect him to fight intelligently and not stand and trade, which would be a gift to Kimbo.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 17

• Vogairian says:

It could be a interesting fight if they both decide to stand and bang. If it goes to the ground … not so much.

edub: Houston by tko.This better not be the headliner.

Pretty sure BJ and Diego is the headliner.

Well-Done. Thumb up 25 Thumb down 2

• moosebaby02 says:

Vogairian BJ vs Diego are the Mainevent. you can still have a co-headliner like dos santos vs cro cop were a co-headliner.
    I was thinking the same thing as well but caught myself

• Bullylover says:

i don’t really see houston shooting in and trying to take kimbo down houston has nvere shown any type of groundgame that or wrestling that i’m aware of.

Well-Done. Thumb up 16 Thumb down 3

• edub says:

Got ya Vog thx.

Well-Done. Thumb up 16 Thumb down 3

• Rich S. says:

Well… We’ve seen both of these guys get KO’d very quickly..
    And we’ve seen both of these guys get KO’s of their own rather quickly..

I would pick Houston just for his knees and raw power.. But his chin is just way too sketchy..

I actually think this may be a tossup :)

Well-Done. Thumb up 26 Thumb down 3

• submit662266 says:

Great match up for both of them. They like to stand, and if it goes to the ground, neither of them have any idea what to do down there. Neither of them will ever be contenders, but this will be fun to watch. I say H. Alexander knocks him out cold within 3 minutes.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 9

• BigDave says:

Lets face it Seth Pizza….whatever his name is knocked Kimbo stupid…. well even stupider then he already is in 14 seconds so what do you think a guy with Alexanders power will do. Houston although not even sort of good on the ground, Kimbo once you put him on his back like Tila Tequila he is f**ked.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 15 Thumb down 8

• Bad Monkey says:

Should be exciting for the two minutes or less that it lasts. I’m thinking it will be a catchweight though, maybe 210 or 215?

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 5 Thumb down 10

• scarred fighter says:

everyones comments r funny im laughing my butt off right now. I hope and pray that huston does not play into this keep it standing bull and he takes the fight where he fells it needs to go.I think most real mma fans have come to love to watch kimbo lose anyways so what does it matter how he loses as long as he does and he is sent packing GOOD BY.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 6 Thumb down 13

• spotMMAwarrior25 says:

I bet Kimbo looks funny without his beard…I bet he has a tiny head thats why he has to have a huge beard to keep it proportionate. I would put a stiputlation on it for kimbo…if he losses than Alexander gets to shave his beard. Make it happen Dana!!!

• Jstew3785 says:

What is this, WWE? Loser shaves his head match?

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 8 Thumb down 11

• Angry Mike says:

Houston may not have shown much wrestling, but he considers himself to be a wrestler and a muy thai fighter. Check out his home page. Besides, Houston doesn’t have to be a great wrestler to shoot in on Kimbo for a double or a single leg. And once Kimbo’s on his back, he doesn’t seem to have the skills to get back up.

• Some of these comments are hilarious and some are accurate. I would love to see a stand up war between these two guys. I almost know someone is getting knocked the fuck out!!!! They should toss them in a backyard somewhere! I want Kimbo to win for some strange reason. But Alexander should prove to be the better fighter. Even though he got knocked out with one punch by a guy known for his submissions. He is lacking the gut of big country though. That boy put the BELLY on Kimbo. That was funny!

I say Houston wins with ground and pound on a private wooden fence in Kimbo’s backyard.

• meatloaf says:

Persian_Prince: Who ever came up with this match up is pure genius! Would be a great shame to sacrifice either to a ground specialist or even a highly technical striker. I hope Dana and Joe Silva make this thing happen.

Are you kidding? Fights like this are a matchmakers dream. Takes no genius at all to schedule this obvious match up between to guys who like to throw hands, have a cult following, and a clear disdain for the ground game.

edub: Got ya Vog thx.Its just a shame that you see this fight get made, and you KNOW the UFC will put it on the main card(maybe even some type of headline status). Then on the other hand you have fighters like Okami and Fitch who have to fight 4 or 5 times just to get on the main card.

Yes it’s a shame fans are gonna get treated to a likely slugfest between two guys who want to bang as opposed to a couple of fighters who are capable of putting an audience to sleep.
    It’s not all about records as Andrest’s piece pointed out nicely.

• paddiosf says:

At what weight class? maybe a catch weight…I would love to see this matchup…

• greg says:

…you guys are missing something, & I think it will be the knockout weapon for Houston… he has a WICKED clinch with knees…. he’s devastating & ungodly powerful & explosive here. I believe there will be punches thrown, & then Houston will get the clinch against the cage, & knee Kimbo into a coma.

• [...] of this anticipated match-up between knockout specialists have been brewing for some time, as FiveOuncesofPain.com first reported on the possibility of the match-up back on October [...]