It’s On! Kimbo Slice vs. Houston Alexander catchweight bout set for TUF 10 Finale

Houston AlexanderIt’s on like Donkey Kong as two of the sport’s most feared sluggers will collide in December.

Kimbo Slice will face off with Houston Alexander at The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale from the Pearl at the Palms in Las Vegas on December 5, according to a recent report on The Times of Northwest Indiana citing sources close to Alexander.

Talk of this anticipated match-up between knockout specialists have been brewing for some time, as FiveOuncesofPain.com first reported on the possibility of the match-up back on October 13.

Apparently the bout has been set for a catchweight of 215 pounds according to the published report from nwi.com. The report goes on to state that the bout was originally targeted for 205 pounds before it became apparent that Kimbo would have been unable to successfully make the weight.

Slice will be making his official Octagon debut in the contest, with his last appearance in the cage being a second round TKO loss at the hands of Roy “Big Country” Nelson during Kimbo’s stint on the tenth season of The Ultimate Fighter. He currently holds a professional record of 3-1 with wins over the likes of Bo Cantrell, Tank Abbott and James Thompson before suffering his first defeat to Seth Petruzelli during EliteXC: Heat in October of 2008.

Alexander was recently allowed to fight outside of his contractual obligations to the UFC where he got back on track with a first round TKO over Sherman Pendergarst at Adrenaline IV in September. Prior to his most recent victory, the heavy handed Nebraskan had suffered losses in his three last trips to the Octagon.

• HonorableAggression says:

Houston by tko, round 1.
    My only question is how long can they milk the kimbo phenomenon, I’m betting at least a couple more fights.

Well-Done. Thumb up 26 Thumb down 11

• submit662266 says:

They aren’t going to contend for a belt anytime soon, but both will be looking to finish early, which will be great to watch.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 29 Thumb down 20

• jding3 says:

This is so unfair to everybody from TUF. First off, Kimbo didn’t even win his prelim fight. I have nothing against Kimbo, but what makes him deserve this. This is just Dana White trying to milk all the money he can out of Kimbo. What happened to the Dana that said the only way Kimbo will ever fight in the UFC is if he goes on the reality show and proves himself. I guess going 0-1 is proving yourself.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 46 Thumb down 46

• hindsightufuk says:

i take it this wont be the main event will it?

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 17

• HonorableAggression says:

jding3: This is so unfair to everybody from TUF.First off, Kimbo didn’t even win his prelim fight.I have nothing against Kimbo, but what makes him deserve this.This is just Dana White trying to milk all the money he can out of Kimbo.What happened to the Dana that said the only way Kimbo will ever fight in the UFC is if he goes on the reality show and proves himself.I guess going 0-1 is proving yourself.

Well-Done. Thumb up 53 Thumb down 4

• moosebaby02 says:

submit662266 says:
    October 31, 2009 at 7:29 pm (Quote) I think Kimbo takes this by KO in Round 2. I’m worried about Houston’s chin. If Kimbo lands a good clean shot, I don’t think Houston will survive it.

Seth Petruzelli JAB kimbo done
    and your questioning Houstons chin. Houston has be in way more wars and with 1000% ya a 10005 better men then kimbo…….k maybe not a 1000% but at least 100%

Houston as soon as he as he lands a fist on him

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 25 Thumb down 31

• egad81 says:

It this a retirement match? Loser leaves the UFC for good?

Well-Done. Thumb up 24 Thumb down 12

• Makington says:

Houston might be out if he loses, but I doubt Kimbo. The whole world will make excuses again for Kimbo if he loses. Regardless I think this is the best fight for both fighters. This is where both excel, and they won’t have to worry about the ground game, which they both hate.

They can both do what they prefer, and can fully commit to it because they won’t have to worry about the other trying to shoot and lay on the other. I predict this fight will end quite violently, but I think it really could go either way. Whoever catches the other really cleanly I think will win. If I had to pick someone, I would give it to Houston for being ever so slightly more well rounded.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 15 Thumb down 7

• JOEgun says:

Strictly entertainment. I’ve got Houston in this one because I believe he is just a better fighter than Kimbo. I hope Kimbo comes very prepared and does not go out quick. Although I dont care who wins, I will be entertained for sure.

Well-Done. Thumb up 22 Thumb down 7

• The Driver says:

I think it’s a good match-up with regards to style, considering both guys have next to no ground game, so most probably both will stand and bang. If Houston wins, he gets back on track after losing his last three bouts inside the octagon (although how much can a win over Kimbo increase his stock in the stacked 205 lbs division?) If Kimbo wins, he gets a solid win in the UFC and Zuffa wins also in the sense that people will continue to be really interested in Kimbo once he proves he can hang with some of the boys in the UFC roster.

I really like Houston and, honestly I have nothing against Kimbo, I think one cannot blame him for cashing in on this new found fame. Whith that said, I have Houston by TKO Rd 2.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 9

• impact1 says:

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 8 Thumb down 8

• krock says:

impact1: Does anyone know when the TUF 10 season finished filming and if/where Kimbo went to continue training?

from what i read he is at american top team

Well-Done. Thumb up 15 Thumb down 2

• Makington says:

Well, he does train at American Top Team, but it’s hard to say how much, or I guess the proper wording would be how little. He openly admits that he takes a jiu jitsu course once every few months, and judging by his wrestling he can’t have worked much on that either.

I could try to reword a joke about how the only thing he trains is how to pull his gun on his trainers, but alas, I’ve done too many of those by now and I have grown weary of them.

As for the filming, it started right around the beginning of June, and went all the way to the middle of summer, around the August area. It didn’t start on tv until September though.

• Dufresne says:

Out of the pair, I would say that Houston has the much better chin. He did take a solid shot or two from Keith Jardine and managed to not only stay in the fight, but ended it with some vicious strikes of his own.
    From everything I’ve seen on Kimbo, both in MMA and in his youtube videos (yes I watched them), he has a glass jaw. There are even rumors of him being KO’d in a sparing round while wearing full headgear; I don’t know if those stories are true, but it wouldn’t surprise.

Overall I have to give this to the Assassin by KO in the middle of the 1st, probably due to knees since I’ve never seen Kimbo do anything in a clinch.

Well-Done. Thumb up 12 Thumb down 1

• qat says:

HonorableAggression: It’s simply business. Fans pay to see kimbo, he’s a big draw, it really never had anything to do with his talent. He can lose his next two fights and he’ll still probably be on cards. I’m not saying that’s a good thing, but it is what it is.

thats right, its all business tactic, think about the ufc perspective here:
    they know that kimbo is a big draw. now if they wouldnt let him fight, strikeforce would instantly catch him and gain massive ratings. he might even be able to be more successful in strikeforce, who knows.
    now if he wins a couple of fights, the ufc can milk him further, and if he goes 0-x they can release him for good when his hype is over.

Well-Done. Thumb up 12 Thumb down 1

• MMApride19 says:

Lol im not a fan of Kimbo, but i cant help it, I always want him to win. Theres just something about the guy that makes you want to watch him fight. Like, a ‘likeability factor’. And i think thats what makes him such a big draw. Add that to the fact he always brings it, and just comes to fight. He rakes the money in as it is, he hardly needs to fight for money. He seems to be fighting, purely because he enjoys it, and maybe he wants to prove to people and himself he can hang with the top dogs. I dont know, but i want to see him do well for some reason.

Anyway, we will see how much he has improved when he fights Houston, although not the toughest test for Kimbo, he is a mirror image of Kimbo. Well nearly. Kimbo is going to have a visible size advantage i think. Also… how is he going to deal with the weight cut? Kimbo is shredded… he doesnt have any fat on him, it will be hard to cut down from 235lbs… or mayb abit more, i dont know how much he weighs..?

But, this will be an exciting fight anyway, it will just simply be a stand up war, so ill be looking forward to it!!!

Well-Done. Thumb up 15 Thumb down 3

• xtreme_machine says:

“two of the sport’s most feared sluggers”

I think NOT

sorry but it was just too funny

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 13

• submit662266 says:

Moose, I know Kimbo does not have a spectacular chin either. But Houston was on the losing end of the fastest knockout in UFC history. You’re right: Kimbo had his ass handed to him, and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it went the other way.

Well-Done. Thumb up 12 Thumb down 1

• moosebaby02 says:

good fight anyways
    i will bet you braggin rights on this fight lol

• bigbadjohn says:

hahaha braggin rights, good one moosebaby! I’ll put down 25% of my street cred on Houston. Any takers?

• MMApride19 says:

moosebaby02: that is true submit he did but Irvin is a notch or two better than the silverback. He Houston can get clipped as well. but he has taken harder shots than kimbo and has been in with better fighters and thats why i have Houston taken on this.
    good fight anyways
    i will bet you braggin rights on this fight lol

Hmm , Kimobo is going to have a noticeable size difference though… Which may be the difference. I mean, dont get me wrong, Houston is SHREDDED. But Kimbo is shredded to, but even bigger… after all this guy fights at HW. And walks around over 240lbs if im correct? Thats a big difference IMO.

Hmmm i dont know, im not really a ‘fan’ of either fighter, however ill be cheering for Kimbo. As i said in a previous post… just something about him that makes me want to see him win lol.

This will be an exciting fight though… not the greatest fighters… but in terms of excitement.. and just pure standing and banging.. you cant ask for a better match up!

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 4

• moosebaby02 says:

and us talking about it now going hmmmm…. makes this fight that much better just for the pure love of of standing and bangging but money wise as well.
    I have soften up to kimbo a bit but and cant blame the guy for cashing out as much as he can while he is hot to trot but as a purest point i need houston to win for my own reason.
    MMApride19 size can be the factor in this one but Randy Coture put me in my place when he took out silva and gabe so i will have to go with who knows more.
    im with bigbadjohn but i will put down 45% of my cred…….if i have any lol

• STLfightfan says:

Houston by knees late in the 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Weak-Sauce. Thumb up 1 Thumb down 13

• BigDave says:

Kimbo a feared striker? really?

Cory he has fought nothing but tomato cans and only KO’d one of them. Houston is going to knock kimbo out inside 30 seconds of the first round then Kimbo can go back to his crackville hood and never be heard from again.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 5 Thumb down 11

• nate says:

im picking the bald black guy with facial hair to win.

Well-Done. Thumb up 12 Thumb down 2

• GassedOut says:

Something I’ve noticed for what it’s worth is that when two guys that have holes in their games get it on, it makes for one really exciting fight. I like both fighters as people, both of them have big holes in their games…bring it on!

Hmmmm – Fergusson vs. Alexander – who wins? Me. I get to see a good fight.

• [...] the teaser text included in the press release, it is expected that Slice will face off with Houston Alexander in a catch weight contest contracted for 215 [...]

• Rome rebirth says:

kimbo is a bum, i mean if they had put him against someone with the skill set of a frank mir everyone would see kimbo is NOT a mma fighter. kimbo would get submitted in 60 seconds, he’s just a brawler thats why he’s fighting alexander who is another one dimensional fighter with no possible future in the ufc except being a stepping stone like chris leben. kimbo should try his hand at pro boxing he would probably perform better in that ring. KIMBO vs MIKE TYSON haha, but they should fight to the death!