Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza vs. Matt Lindland, King Mo set for “Strikeforce: Evolution” in December

JacareA middleweight match-up between Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza and Matt Lindland, along with the promotional debut of Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal is all set for “Strikeforce: Evolution“.

Scott Coker recently confirmed the event and the announced participants to MMAJunkie.com at recent press conference for “Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers“.

The event is tabbed for December 19 from San Jose, California from the HP Pavilion, airing live on Showtime.

While King Mo’s participation has been announced for the event, an opponent for the Sengoku veteran is still in the works.

A decorated submission specialist, Souza will be looking to get back on track following a no-contest ruling in his most recent bout with Jason “Mayhem” Miller and a knockout defeat to Gegard Mousasi following a string of ten consecutive wins, while Lindland was most recently knocked out at the hands of Vitor Belfort following a decision victory over Fabio Nascimento in July of 2008.

• edub says:

Lindland by decision.

I think the last time Lindland got tapped was against Bustamante about 10 years ago. Besides Fedor but that doesnt count because Fedor isnt human.

• edub says:

Really hope King Mo goes up against a quality opponent too. Maybe someone like Ron Humphrey or Mike Kyle.

• fanoftna33 says:

I would like to see them match up King Mo with Corimer(if he drops to 205) that would be a great match up of two prospects with great potential and even better wrestling.

• edub says:

Fan i dont think thatll ever happen man. There have been numerous reports of the two being good friends because of the years spent in the international wrestling circles. Both have shown admiration for the other in many interviews and they have spoken about training together. So yeaa dont see that fight happening for a while if ever.

• dpk says:

Humprey or Kyle would make good fights for Mo, but I wonder if SF could sign a guy like Tim Boetch who would be another good option.

It will also be interesting to see what Lindland still has in the tank. That should be a good fight.

• bigbadjohn says:

I’m dreaming here but isn’t there a certain 205er, coaching on a certain reality tv show, who is beefing with a certain mr. dana white, and who would make an awesome match-up with King Mo especially because of past altercations. Ya’ll remember that video right? Imagine, Strikeforce swings a deal and Rampage gets his “black on black crime” fix versus some young blood.

• bigbadjohn says:

I’m sorry, way too hypothetical seeing as how Rampage is filming and all

• dpk says:

Rampage filming has nothing to do with it. He still owes UFC fights on his contract, that would end up in court real fast.

• GassedOut says:

Jacare vs. Lindland will be a great matchup. Actually, Matt Lindland being submitted doesn’t count because Fedor (gasp) held the top rope, and at a minimum, the fight should have been restarted. I don’t think it would have changed the outcome. And listen, I’m a Fedor fan. I saw what I saw. I don’t think he intentionally cheated, it was just a reaction to losing his balance, but hey, come on, a warning at least!

Anyway, It’s going to be a rumble and I’m going to watch it!

• MMA-LOGIC says:

I agree that it will be difficult to tap Lindland but I could see Jacare via sub, dec or Lindland via dec.
    Lindland doesn’t get enough credit, he just looks…different but has a great deal of ability and heart.