The event will take place on December 12 from Memphis, Tennessee, featuring a headlining lightweight championship bout between B.J. Penn and Diego Sanchez.
Buentelllo was previously expected to face off with heavyweight wrecking machine Todd Duffee at the event before an injury forced the fast rising prospect from the card.
Appropriately coined “The Skyscraper. the 6’10”, 240 pound Struve sports a professional record of 18-3 with 14 submissions to his credit. The towering Dutch submission specialist is currently riding a two-fight win streak with the UFC with both wins coming by submission, after having dropped his Octagon debut via TKO at the hands of Junior dos Santos in February of this year.
Making his first return to the UFC in close to four years, Buentello is known as a power puncher with a penchant for knocking his opponents senseless. He currently holds an impressive UFC record of 3-1, with his last bout coming in January of this year, stopping “Baby Fedor” Kirill Sidelnikov during “Affliction: Day of Reckoning” via TKO.
This one is a clear cut case of the old school “classic striker vs. grappler match-up” at it’s finest.
A full list of the bouts expected for UFC 107 are listed below:
- BJ Penn vs. Diego Sanchez
- Frank Mir vs. Cheick Kongo
- Kenny Florian vs. Clay Guida
- Jon Fitch vs. Mike Pierce
- Stefan Struve vs. Paul Buentello
- Alan Belcher vs. Wilson Gouveia
- Matt Wiman vs. Shane Nelson
- Johny Hendricks vs. Ricardo Funch
- Rousimar Palhares vs. Lucio Linhares
- DaMarques Johnson vs. Edgar Garcia
- Kevin Burns vs. TJ Grant