Exclusive: Bibiano Fernandes vs. Joachim Hansen in the works for DREAM featherweight title

Former DREAM lightweight champion Joachim “Hellboy” Hansen appears to be looking to jump start his career at 139 pounds, as sources close to the situation have recently indicated to FiveOuncesofPain.com that the Norway based veteran is currently targeted to face off with Bibiano Fernandes for the DREAM featherweight championship.

FiveOuncesofPain.com has further learned from sources close to the situation that the meeting between the two will most likely take place during DREAM 13, although no official word on the event has been released from the promotion as of this writing.

Fernandes clearly established himself as a premier featherweight in 2009 as the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt went on to capture the DREAM 139 pound title with four consecutive wins over the likes of Takafumi Otsuka, Masakazu Imanari, Joe Warren and Hiroyuki Takaya during the promotion’s featherweight grand prix.

Hansen recently fell victim to a Shinya Aoki armbar to relinquish the DREAM 154 pound crown after knocking the “Tobikan Judan” senseless in a previous bout where he originally captured the title. Hansen holds impressive victories over the likes of Takanari Gomi, Gesias “JZ” Calvancanti and Caol Uno during the course of his decorated career.

• Guthookd says:

I haven’t seen much of Bibiano that I remember, but Hansen is a sick fighter. It was a bummer when he lost to Shinya.

This should be a great fight for Dream. I’ll definitely tune in for this one.

Well-Done. Thumb up 15 Thumb down 3

• Hohlraum says:

Hansen loses too much due to ring rust. He needs to come fight in the US in between japan fights.

Well-Done. Thumb up 15 Thumb down 5

• robby says:

i think this could be a tough fight for fernandes but go british columbia canada

• KRS 27 says:

This is a great fight.

What else were they gonna do at FW?

Kid lost, they could have done what, Warren or Takaya vs Bibiano? Dream doesnt have any other top FW.

Sengoku has the great FW outside the WEC. Hioki, Sandro, Kanehara.

I’d love to see Sandro vs Hellboy or Bibiano. Sandro is a beast, and Hioki is great too. They should be fighting, one of them has to fight Kanehara for the SRC FW title.

So Hellboy doesnt want to wait for Aoki to fight in SF or fight Crusher, this is his best chance to get a title and get a huge big fight.

• xtreme_machine says:

Good I always tought hansen was too small for lw

I see him taking this one via KO

• Nick Havok says:

I personally thought Takaya got hosed in the decision vs. Fernandes. Even more unbelievable is that it happened in Japan. I couldn’t believe they gave it to Bibiano.

But what’s done is done. It was a close fight.

I would love to see this title fight between Fernandes and Hansen though. Wow. Heck yeah.

If Fernades can defeat Hansen then I will start recognizing him as the champ in my own mind…but as of right now, I’m not completely sold on the guy.

Is he cutting to much weight though? Wonderr what he walks around at?
    between the layoffs and the grueling weight cutting don’t know what’s in store for him-