Mariusz Pudzianowski vs. Robert Paczków likely for KSW 13

It looks like five-time World’s Strongest Man Mariusz Pudzianowski has intentions to pick on someone his own size in his second professional outing, as FiveOuncesofPain.com has been able to learn from sources close to the possible match-up that his next opponent will likely be former Sumo champion, Robert Paczków at KSW 13.

Paczków has confirmed that he is in talks with KSW on his official website.

The 6’1″ Pudzianowski walks around near the 300 pound mark and recently made his successful mixed martial arts debut in December of 2009 where he TKO’d Marcin Najman in less than a minute during KSW 12.

Paczków, who also walks around near 300+ pounds, sports an undefeated record of 1-0 with his sole victory in the sport coming over TUF 10 veteran James McSweeney via “smother” (that’s right, he won by body smother) during Cage Rage 24.

KSW 13 is expected to take place in the latter portion of May.

• retrofitting123 says:

awesome.the sumo guy had a good takedown in the mcsweeney fight

• Guthookd says:

I’ve never seen Paczków fight before..or even seen him at all actually. Is he a big fat dude or what. I hope he has at least a full round of gas in him.

I don’t know how this will turn out, but I’ll say this: Pudzianowski could have looked a lot better in his debut fight. His hands were way down while he was throwing those wild leg kicks and hay-makers. He’s lucky the guy he was fighting was too scared of him to use his head. One counter right hook while he was charging in and it would have changed the fight.

Not to disrespect the newcomer Pudzianowski , but I think a half decent striker who can get through the first 30 seconds of his flurry will beat him easily.

Where the heck is Bob Sapp when you need him.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 17 Thumb down 9

• Dr.Richard says:

I have watched Pudzianowski compete in the Worlds Strongest Man contests. He has won five in a row and last time took second. At 6’1″ he is actually a little shorter than the big monsters he outlifted, outpulled and out pushed to be the Strongest Man on earth. This guy’s body is awesome! Solid, thick, huge muscle. He is not built like the other rather pudgy looking strongmen. This guy could kill any normal man with one blow. If he knows how to fight….I cannot imagine ANYONE lasting with him. This guy is another Samson, and if you need an update on what Samson could do to ordinary men, check out the Old Testament under the book of Kings.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 9 Thumb down 17

• mu_shin says:

In the most recent World’s Strongest Man competition, Pudzianowski was listed at 6’1″, 315 lbs, but anyone who saw the show saw that he’s ripped and solid as a rock. Pudzianowski took second this past year, after placing first in ’02, ’03, ’05, ’07, and ’08. The guy who beat him, Zydrunas Savickas, is 6’3″, 385…

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 7

• retrofitting123 says:

mu_shin: In the most recent World’s Strongest Man competition, Pudzianowski was listed at 6?1?, 315 lbs, but anyone who saw the show saw that he’s ripped and solid as a rock. Pudzianowski took second this past year, after placing first in ‘02, ‘03, ‘05, ‘07, and ‘08. The guy who beat him, Zydrunas Savickas, is 6?3?, 385…Marius may have a future as a feature fighter in the superheavyweight division, but he’d have to cut 50 pounds or so to make 265. Anyone who has seen him compete and gotten a look at his physique, that is anyone with any experience at all in strength sports and bodybuilding, would know that while Pudzianowski is an awesome specimen and an incredible athlete, he will never get licensed anywhere that requires testing. He will get some fights in Europe and Japan if he wants them, but can’t see him fighting in the USA any time in the forseeable future, as long as we have state sanctioned athletic commissions monitoring MMA. For the freak show appeal, I think he’d be fun to watch, but as a serious contender, unlikely.  (Quote)

actually think hes off the juice bc he was only 277 his last fight so 265 is pretty close.so cutting from 313(WSM 2009 official weight)to 277 in 2 months is no coincidence,..or is it. But agreed on the fact that most serious fighters come to u.s eventually so that will indicate whether or not he willl be freak show moneymaker or legit mma fighter.We wont really know for some time bc rumor has it hes got a 4 fight contract in poland with ksw,this being the second

• FightFan313 says:

Mariusz Pudzianowski has seriously knarly leg kicks and beat the life out of the first guy he fought. This Robert Paczków has 1 fight against james mcsweeny who is not a big heavy weight and beat James him by way of smother lol. think big county but with a bigger belly ha.

Mariusz is going to thrash this Robert dude.

I retract my previous comments… Cage Rage 24 took place long before his TUF stint… my bad thumbs down my dumb ass.

• Dufresne says:

Sumo wrestlers have great body control along with good takedown defenses, so I don’t see this going to the mat unless Paczkow decides he wants it there.
    That being said, I think he’s going to want it there. Pudzianowski showed nasty leg kicks and with a few more months training under his belt I expect his striking to be much improved. With the weight and power that man is putting behind his punches he should be able to KO just about any human on this planet, and probably most of the livestock.

• TURKISH says:

If he gets with a proper MMA coach Mariusz could be a force with his strength and athletic ability.

Pudzianowski will be in the EA MMA game if I’m not mistaken.

there putting a fighter in the game with one fight?

• retrofitting123 says:

Rece Rock: I thought James McSweeney was going to go on to get better and have some success but I guess maybe not….  (Quote)

it was his second mma fight when this dude smothered him.

• TURKISH says:

Rece Rock: there putting a fighter in the game with one fight?

I remember seeing his name somewhere involved with the game, but it may have just been some post in a forum where I saw it. Anyway can’t find or remember exactly where -

• TURKISH says:

TURKISH:

Just delete the whole post.