Exclusive: Neck injury forces Tito Ortiz out of TUF 11 and bout with Chuck Liddell

A storm of speculation has surrounded the reasoning behind Tito Ortiz‘ recent removal from his expected bout with Chuck Liddell along with a recent coaching gig on the eleventh season of The Ultimate Fighter, and it now appears as though we may have our answer.

Sources close to the situation have recently indicated to FiveOuncesofPain.com that multiple herniations in the neck of Ortiz prompted his removal from both the taping of The Ultimate Fighter Season 11, and his anticipated clash with fellow coach Liddell at the conclusion of the most recent season.

Ortiz has had well documented problems with his back in the past but this is the first report that anything was wrong with the future UFC hall of famer’s neck.

The taping of the eleventh season of The Ultimate Fighter recently wrapped up and the premier has been slated for March 31 on Spike TV.

Stay tuned to FiveOuncesofPain.com as we keep you up to date on any further developments in this story.

• Dufresne says:

Back injuries often end up migrating to and affecting the neck, so this doesn’t really surprise me. Especially with the abuse a former top level MMA fighter puts his body through. Hopefully the herniations aren’t enough to warrant a fusion surgery, and even if they are I’d like to see Tito get back in the ring with Chuck again.

Well-Done. Thumb up 43 Thumb down 11

• bigbadjohn says:

Tito, I bid you adieu. You made your mark in the UFC history books, now go get Jenna to give you a massage.

Well-Done. Thumb up 69 Thumb down 18

• Angry Mike says:

There are limited treatment options for herniated discs. If they’re truly herniated and not just bulging, he’s looking at surgery in which the extract the discs and fuse the vertebrae. Once that happens, you lose mobility and flexibility. This could be career ending.

Well-Done. Thumb up 20 Thumb down 4

• cocoonofhorror says:

yep, you can put a fork in ol’ Cheeto.

Well-Done. Thumb up 31 Thumb down 5

• fightfan says:

This is such BS. Tito lost 15 lbs and was in hospital……WTF??? Just a few days ago on March 13th, he is on Twitter talking about he is at the airport ready to fly somewhere.?

People losing 15 lbs with severe flu do not make busniess trips and fly on planes when they say they were hospitalized for 2 weeks.

OK 2 weeks…then ANOTHER lie. What was all this bullshit on Feb 22, 23 when tito was “tweeting” business is business , I guess. ?????? That is ALMOST 4 weeks ago???

I hate this bullshit and all the lies!! DONT BELEIVE A WORD THAT HE OR DANA WHITE SAYS ABOUT THIS. There is somethign shady going on. Tito is on airplanes and TWEETIng on Twitter at the times he NOW says he was hospitalized and losing weight. Fucking Bull.

Well-Done. Thumb up 48 Thumb down 14

• xtreme_machine says:

Aparently he is all good now and the fight is back on

I think he is using us and Twitter to hype the tuf season and his fights.

Also he doesn’t care that we are pissed off at him because he thinks that we will still watch him wheter it is to see him win, fail, or get his @ss whooped AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.

So F*CK U TiTo!!

Well-Done. Thumb up 25 Thumb down 15

• cecils_pupils says:

I registered on this site just to say “Well Done” to you Cory Brady. Somehow you seem to scoop the MMA news world time and time again. Keep up the good work.

While I understand you do not allow fighter bashing here I am gonna at least say: Tito is a douche. And, yes, I will still watch his fights cuz I like to see him get beat up.

Well-Done. Thumb up 25 Thumb down 9

• Makington says:

Welcome cecil. Don’t sweat it, we all hate Tito. It’s not even like it’s fighter bashing when it’s almost a given fact. But Tito is damn smart at the same time, which is the respect I will give. I think he genuinely does care about his fans, but he knows by getting people to get pissed at him they WILL watch, which means dollars for him.

Be warned though cecil. kingmahmah exists on this site because he has a thumbs down fetish, Nick Havok will probably be trying to recruit you any day now to help him assassinate Dana White, and sorry but nobody will ever beat Dufresne to the first comment.

;)

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 8

• Unabomberman says:

Jeez, now I don’t know who is more hated by lady luck these days…at first it was James Irving but Tito comes a close second.

• BillyWarhol says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Weak-Sauce. Thumb up 10 Thumb down 23

• king mah mah says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Weak-Sauce. Thumb up 14 Thumb down 32

• bigbadjohn says:

makingtons got it straight. check this one out its relative to the article – kingmahmah is the Tito of 5ounces everybody!

• king mah mah says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Weak-Sauce. Thumb up 7 Thumb down 22

• inkythewinky says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Weak-Sauce. Thumb up 8 Thumb down 21

Tito needs to transistion into a ambassador/ commentator role… Zuffa thinks Tito has a name/ brand image they want to associate with there product and thats fine – but just do it outside of the octagon and let him be a personality ’cause at this point his personality carries him further than his skills and health can… love him or hate him the guy draws attention and can conitinue to be an asset to Zuffa just in a different way…

Plus the guys has sponsorships and business ventures to keep him afloat he doesn’t need to fight.

Oh and his bitch is rich…

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 8 Thumb down 10

• SDN please refrain from bashing the fighters, and more importantly their familys as well. not called for

anyway back on Tito

I hope he just quits, people used to watch him for his loud mouth and ground and pound but NOW, we all just tune in to hope he gets beat down. That’s what we all wanted with Machida, that’s what we all wanted in his rematch with Forrest and that’s what we all wanted with him and Chuck 4552. I had no interest in this fight because I saw it going damn near the same way as the first two. It makes less sense than Penn Vs. GSP 3 (I mean come on their first fight was at least competitive.)

Not that I wish him any ill will but I dont even want to watch him fight anymore. If the beatdowns keep coming it’ll be what he did to Ken Shamrock coming back on him.

• moosebaby02 says:

inkythewinky: i like tito, (thumb me down) and not because of his excuses or his brilliant mic skills (lol) its because he is the greatest lh champ ufc has seen so far , yea now he sucks but damn back then he was a killer and i still have respect for that, kinda like chuck who sucks now but was a killer if tito continues fighting his hall of fame legacy will be in jepordy he should quit now while hes ahead  (Quote)

hahahahahaha
    the best lhw champion the ufc has seen so far
    hahahahahaha
    was that when Randy had him bent up spanking his ass all over the TV???
    hahaha

Well-Done. Thumb up 15 Thumb down 5

• Dufresne says:

Makington: Dufre

You bet your ass, especially now that I have an iphone for mobile posting!

• JabCrossHook says:

lol tito is scared of being TKO’d again by chuck he knows this lol

also lee murray knocked him out cold in a street fight, best chin in mma ya sure

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 5

• Takun88 says:

So with Tito out….how’s that affect the season of TUF, the filming is over correct?, so only the fight is canceled ?

• ctownhood says:

ok..let me see if I have this right:

1. Wahhhhh..I got the flu..I can’t fight
    2. I have the swine flu..I can’t fight
    3. I lost 15lbs….I can’t fight
    4. I am on Twitter talking about traveling when I am supposed to be getting IVs
    5. Wahhhh..my neck hurts..herniated discs in my neck..I can’t fight
    6. I am fine, fight’s on

Well-Done. Thumb up 16 Thumb down 2

• inkythewinky says:

moosebaby02: hahahahahahathe best lhw champion the ufc has seen so farhahahahahahawas that when Randy had him bent up spanking his ass all over the TV???hahaha  (Quote)

• sneakerpimp says:

that nice suit makes his cranium look even smaller.

• moosebaby02 says:

inkythewinky: i’m going to lol right back at you, because every fighter will get beat does that mean they suck? no, randy has been beaten does that mean he is not one of the greatest? no, tito has held the belt the longest=best lhw ufc has seen, even if u dont like him, tim sylvia has held the hw belt the longest therefore he is the greatest hw ufc has seen, don’t blame me blame who ufc puts thier champions against, i think personal views on fighters overrule thier records alot of times which is a shame, but yea lol @ u, “randy spanked him so he isnt or wasnt ever a great champion” that is wack  (Quote)

i love reading you comments and have nothing but respect for you but come on really???
    hahahaha
    i guess im wack.

• Dufresne says:

Until Anderson came along, Tito did have the record for most title defenses in the UFC. So even if he is a giant, excuse making tool, he was a beast back in his prime. Granted a lot of that is because Chuck was decapitating the best competition while Tito ducked him.

• inkythewinky says:

yea for sure tito is not good anymore, i don’t disagree there, i’m just saying that his record as a champion in the lhw div makes him the best lhw the ufc has had, and no moose ur not wack :)

• Dufresne says:

I think you’re wack.

• inkythewinky says:

y u think moose is wack?

• Dufresne says:

I don’t, but I’m bored, have a computer, have internet, and wanted to do something. Plus, it got a thumbs up :)