twitter google

Scott Coker: Fedor is scheduled to fight in June

It’s official, Fedor Emelianenko will be making his much anticipated return to mixed martial arts in June.

The news of Fedor’s return comes courtesy of Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker, who relayed the information to the press following DREAM 13.

“M-1 Global and Strikeforce entered into a three fight contract exclusive for Fedor to fight in a co-promotion between Strikeforce and M-1 Global, and as you know we did the first fight on Nov 7 in Chicago,” said Coker.

“Fedor is now scheduled to fight in June towards the end of the month in America against Fabricio Werdum.”

Fedor last saw action in November of 2009 during “Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers”, where he layed Brett Rogers out with a huge right hand in the second round, while Werdum last bested Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva via unanimous decision during the same event.

It had been previously rumored that a fight between Emelianenko and Hidehiko Yoshida may have been brewing, but Coker doesn’t give that talk very much weight.

“I’ve heard the rumors as well, and as I know more I will let the media know in American, and let the media know here, but I believe that’s just a rumor,” said Coker.

Follow 5OZ