Fabricio Werdum shocks Fedor Emelianenko, submits legend in first round

The man widely considered to be the greatest fighter of our time, Fedor Emelianenko, was handed the first legitimate defeat of his professional fighting career this evening in San Jose as decorated Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt Fabricio Werdum made mixed martial arts history in California, submitting the feared Russian heavyweight with vice-like armbar/triangle choke early into the very first round.

Emelianenko looked to have Werdum in a world of trouble in the opening moments of round one during “Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Rogers“, battering the Brazilian with a series of big left hooks that dropped the submission specialist to the canvas. Fedor’s fatal mistake came when he followed the decorated grappler to the ground looking for the ground and pound finish. After escaping an initial armbar attempt, Emelianenko’s willingness to momentarily play his cards on the canvas with Werdum quickly left him vulnerable to the bout ending armbar/triangle choke conversion just 1:09 into the contest.

True to form, and expressionless Emelianenko seemed unaffected by the suprising loss at the hands of the fellow PRIDE veteran when asked what he was thinking immediately following his first true professional defeat as a mixed martial artist, stating, “Really, nothing, because the one that doesn’t fall doesn’t get up.”

Cung Le managed to avenge the sole defeat of his career in his hometwon of San Jose as the decorated San Shou practitioner showed a tremendous amount of patience while mercillesly picking apart Scott Smith over the course of one and a half rounds striking on his way to the second round TKO victory. A perfectly timed spinning heel kick to the ribs from Le lit the fuse and a few unanswered strikes to the battered Smith on the canvas sealed the deal.

Also on the card was Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos defending her 145 female title against a game but outmatched Jan “Cuddles” Finney. Cyborg beat Finney about the cage for the duration of the two rounds contested between the two, eventually swarming her battered and bruised opponent in the second round with a series of punches which were capitalized by a brutal fight finishing knee to the chin.

A full list of results from the event are below:

Bobby Stack def. Derrick Burnsed via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28)

Yancey Medeiros def. Gareth Joseph via knockout (punches) – Round 2, 1:19

Bret Bergmark def. Vagner Rocha via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-26)

Chris Cope def. Ron Keslar via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 4:32

Josh Thomson def. Pat Healy via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 4:27

Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos def. Jan Finney via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 2:56

Cung Le def. Scott Smith via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 1:46

Fabricio Werdum def. Fedor Emelianenko via submission (armbar/triangle) – Round 1, 1:09

• danw84 says:

Crazy fight, and uncharacteristic of Fedor to make such a huge mistake.

Congrats to Werdum!! Well won fight, and I hope he unseats Overeem as the Strikeforce champion.

That being said, if he doesn’t retire, I don’t see Fedor as anything but a frightening fighter for anyone still. If anyone has the name of a fighter who doesn’t have a legitimate defeat, I’d like to hear it.

What Fedor said at the end is perfect. You can’t know where you’re at if you’ve never been beaten.

Well-Done. Thumb up 30 Thumb down 4

• LiverPunch says:

“Fabricio Werdum def. Fedor Emelianenko.”

What?

“Fabricio Werdum def. Fedor Emelianenko.”

That’s what I thought you said.
    Wow who would have thought it eh. I gave him a 1 in 10 chance but was still shocked as the choke was getting tighter and tighter. I thought to myself “any moment now he will burst free and hammer down some Fedor GNP” but no HE TAPPED!!!!.
    Wow well done Werdum. Just please don’t get caught for roids or something now.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 9

• fanoftna33 says:

well it was a very good night of fights anyway. Man was it a shock though, it really reminded me of Brocks debut in the ufc when Brock was controlling the fight but got caught. Fedor knocked him down and just got overagressive.
    And nothing against Kim Wislow but damm that fight should have been stopped in the first round when Finley was just turtled up and doing nothing.

Well-Done. Thumb up 27 Thumb down 2

• Creature says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Weak-Sauce. Thumb up 21 Thumb down 40

• danw84 says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Weak-Sauce. Thumb up 29 Thumb down 39

• MickeyC says:

YA!! I love it. Maybe now we can focus on what’s real, not with legend, and myths. Dana loves this for sure.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 34 Thumb down 36

• mu_shin says:

A world of respect for Fabricio Verdum, who proves that on any given night, a world class fighter can find a way to win. A master’s class in Brazilian ju-jutsu, as Verdum scrambled off of his back, after taking a knock down, and lured an aggressive Emelianenko into a brilliant submission. Could barely believe my eyes, but it was real…

Now we’ll see what kind of heart Fedor really has, if he chooses to bow out gracefully from the sport that he has dominated for so long, or will he return to the cage and attempt to reassert that dominance in the future. As a long time Fedor fan, I hope to see him rise from this defeat and fight again another day, perhaps a rematch after Verdum tangles with Overeem.

Whatever happens, Fedor has been a great champion, and here’s one fan saying thanks for the memories and the years of excellence.

Well-Done. Thumb up 33 Thumb down 3

• LiverPunch says:

“YA!! I love it….Dana loves this for sure”.

You and Dana think a like Mickeyc.. Are you playing for the same team?.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 21

• RU486 says:

It seemed to me that Fabricio was kinda shocked himself. I just hope it’s a lesson learned to Strikeforce and any other MMA organization to not put all of your eggs in one basket. They’ve done it now twice, with Fedor and Dan Henderson. They have really screwed themselves on this one by signing a contract worth God knows how much money on a fighter and ideal that just became obsolete in less than 2 minutes. Werdum was fed to Fedor as a fight that the Great One couldn’t lose to pump up the viewer awarenes and set the tone for Overeem vs. Fedor. Now it’s back to the drawing board.

Fedor has nothing more to prove. He will fight his last fight in Strikeforce, and bow out of the game completely.

It almost seems now that everyone for the past 2 – 3 years saying that he was overrated, and hadn’t beaten anyone legitimate since Pride was true. It’s like Kimbo Slice all over again. Strikeforce put all their marketing and energy into Fedor, and then he got stopped embarrassingly to a UFC reject.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 34 Thumb down 28

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

Werdum called it didn’t he? No one, including myself believed him. Fedor got over aggressive and should have known that he didn’t want to grapple with the longer more skilled submission artist.

There is no shame in defeat but, I think alot of his mystique just faded away. I see no reason to believe we will ever see these dream match ups with Overeem, Lesnar etc now.

Overall this Strikeforce event was much better than the last one.

The Shamrock retirement ceremony was a little cheesy but, well deserved none the less. Better to know when to quit then have the decision forceably beat into you even more. UFC should take notes and pass them onto Chuck about how to retire with some face.
    Funny how Gus Johnson said he said he didn’t want to see Shamrock giving blows and then Frank said he will do all his work with his mouth. Unintentional hilarity.

Cyborg delivered quite a beating to poor “Cuddles” but, also even in victory got a bit exposed. I think she could be beat by someone with good head movement and crisp boxing as Cyborg just charges straight in and leaves herself open. Against an opponent who can survive first 90 seconds of her onslaught she might be beaten.

Overall a memorable night as Fedor got careless and proved he is mortal after all.

Well-Done. Thumb up 21 Thumb down 1

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

WOW! Fedor losing made Sportscenter. Crazy how far MMA has come. Second place MMA company holds a PPV/Premium channel only event and non-title match between two guys who have at best only fought on major networks once and ESPN gives them a shout out.

Very cool.

Well-Done. Thumb up 21 Thumb down 3

• BigDave says:

Fabrcio did everything right he was calm and even though he got touched a few times he kept his wits about him, saw an opening and didn’t miss it. textbook jiu jitsu. Fedor is still one of the better fighters in the HW division but he is not the number one guy and will never be there again. his mystic has been shattered finally and now people can start looking at him as just another fighter and not some mythical god that is unbeatable.

Thanks Fabrico for making me 200 bucks! ;)

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 15 Thumb down 9

• Dufresne says:

I know Fedor has talked recently about retiring, but I really hope he comes back for at least one more fight. I would hate for such a legendary fighter to go out on the tails of his only real loss.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 4

Well i was waiting for the fedor faithful to put a spin on this soooo-

if your saying hey it’s one loss, who doesn’t lose? Well it shows that If he was fighting some of the top competition he’d probably have less success at times, he can still beat some but not all of the top 5- so please don’t make it a fluke.

If your saying he made a mistake & hey it happens… Yea your right it happens to someone whom knows there fighting fighters they can easily beat and overlook them…mAybe if he was fighting top competition he would be less likely to look past the fighter…fedor should have one that fight.

I can’t even believe this one BUT above one of the reoccuring assholes posted something about hoping werdum doesn’t get popped for roids or something like that?!- are u seriously that infactuated with this Russian tub of cool whip that you’d go out on a very weak limb and say something like that? You probably hope that happens and that’s just sad, that’s just disgusting, I expected excuses but that’s just gross.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 17 Thumb down 22

• Kuch says:

If you can make God bleed, people will cease to fear Him.

Fedor, while still great, is now human and apparently beatable by someone no one gave a chance to win.

There will be blood in the water, and the sharks will come.

Well-Done. Thumb up 20 Thumb down 2

• hindsightufuk says:

beautiful transition into the triangle by Fabricio, knew exactly what he was doing, as soon as it was locked it was over. nice to see Fabricio using his real strength cos he does have supreme BJJ

Well-Done. Thumb up 20 Thumb down 0

• hindsightufuk says:

and who’d a thunk that scott smith would have gotten dropped by a body shot
    i think he must have the record for being dropped the most times in a career with body shots

cyborg is a bad muther lover and Josh did great to out grapple a superior wrestler

solid entertainment

• YetiLee says:

I love it so much, I told you guys that because Fedor didn’t challenge himself since 2005 it would lead to his downfall and most disagreed. I love the fact that all the Fedor nut-huggers are crying because their boy got beat and exposed by a fighter who couldn’t compete in the UFC. Feels so good to be validated, but even better to see Fedor finally lose and now all you nut-huggers have no choice but to admit that he just doesn’t have it anymore.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 17 Thumb down 19

• AlphaOmega says:

Personally I thought the card was kinda like meh. My two friends and I spent almost the entire time doing split screen while looking at what songs to download for rockband. The only fight that I was actually entertained by, was the cyborg/finney fight. Finney does not quit and that’s awesome, she did mark cyborg, not much but there was a little redness from her 3 good rights. As someone said above, if cyborg could find someone who’s more polished in striking she’d be in trouble, also has she fought a submission specialist? That might give her trouble too. I love the fact that Werdum did exactly what he said he would. I’ve been feeling that Strikeforce was on the way down, and I think Fedor being choked out is one of the final nails in their coffin. Just my opinion.

• AlphaOmega says:

Fabricio Werdum def. Fedor Emelianenko via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 1:09

Didn’t werdum have two submissions in at once? How do they decide which one was the final factor?

• JabCrossHook says:

I think fedor said he tapped to the triangle. Its funny how most of the MMA community has no class, it was a huge split b/w Fedor nuthuggers and Dana White Dick Suckers. Now they say Fedor sucks and all that shit but he didn’t lose for 9.5 years. People are shitting on him like they expected him to be invincible. The dude didn’t lose for 9.5 years and he’s not the greatest ever? Granted he didn’t face UFC status competition but in his prime the best HWs were in Pride. The UFC HW division was shit back then. (AA and Tim Sylvia)

I think all great fighters have to lose eventually so they can learn more from their loss than any of their victories and come back better than ever. Ali did it, so why can’t Fedor?

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 4

• silkshot61 says:

Got to give credit where credit is due. Werdum looked solid last night. Watching Fedor lose was bittersweet for me. Personally I don’t like him, however I respect him and what he has done in not only Pride but for the sport in general. One thing I would like to point out is that Werdum isn’t a slouch by any means at all and got to show the world he is still a top contender. Think about who he has lost to, AA when he was on top of his game, a guy who is now in title contention JDS, Big Nog in his prime, and a bogus split decision. Calling him a UFC reject is just plain stupid seeing how he only lost 2 fights in the promotion. I would still love to see Fedor head on over to the UFC, however I don’t think he should get an immediate shot at Brock, or Carwin, anymore.

• RU486 says:

• Convict617 says:

• Twiztid Ninja says:

O how the mighty have fallen!!! I wonder how this will affect his presence inside the cage. Will he still be this hardcore wrecking machine or will he fade off and be a shadow of his formal self. Only time shall tell.

• MCM says:

Am I the only one that sees this as a good thing for Strikeforce? I’ve been saying since before they signed Fedor to not let him become their HW champ cause the moment he does, Strikeforce will fold. Just like every other org that Fedor has held a belt in. Maybe now Coker can get back to doing proper business and get out of bed with that crazy M-1 mafioso.

• MCM says:

I also think that Fedor was and is now one of the best HW in the world. The only difference in this fight is that he fought a real top 10 opponent. I know, I know. AA, Timmay, and Rogers were all on most peoples top 10 when they fought, but I don’t think anyone considered them one of the best in the world at the time.
    Timmay was dominant in what was considered by most to be the worst division in MMA at the time. AA was second runner up in that division. If it wasn’t for the name value of the UFC, nobody would have put either of these two anywhere near the top 10. As others have said, Pride held the best HW at the time.
    And Rogers only got credit for beating AA….and he fared best out of all of them.
    Spin it anyway you want but Fedor hasn’t faced a legit opponent since he fought CroCop and Big Nog. He did last night, and just like alot of people thought, the game has caught up with him. Can he still be great, yes. Is he still great, I’d say so. Will he ever be the most feared fighter in MMA again, no.

• AlphaOmega says:

“Something I haven’t seen any mention for, did Werdum take the CrackerJack WAMMA belt by beating him?”

I’m curious about that too, I think it was brought up in the rogers fight that if rogers would beat him, then it wouldn’t pass on, so maybe that still holds true now.

• Dufresne says:

-JabCrossHook
    “Granted he didn’t face UFC status competition but in his prime the best HWs were in Pride. The UFC HW division was shit back then. (AA and Tim Sylvia) ”

Exactly. From the end of PRIDE until very recently the HW division has sucked in general. There have been a few top level HW’s in the mean time, but there were so few that it was hard to get any of them to fight each other as they often weren’t in the same organization. We’re seeing a kind of renaissance of the HW’s with the new HW’s in the UFC coming in and the old guard getting condensed into both SF and the UFC.

Fedor is past his prime, but there’s no shame in that. He’s taken on the best of the best and beaten all but one of them. I still have him ranked in the top 10 as losing by submission to a top 10 fighter and one of the best grapplers in the game, much less the heavyweight division, isn’t really that insulting.

I’m not sure where I should move Werdum to now. I had him at #9 and Fedor in the top 5 (unless there has been clear dominance by one fighter for an extended period of time in a weight class, I don’t bother sorting out the top 5) so this kinda messes with my system.

• Dufresne says:

According to wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Alliance_of_Mixed_Martial_Arts, Werdum is now the WAMMA champ.

It also says that WAMMA hasn’t released any press conferences or updates since November of 2009, so I’m curious as to their status since Aoki has fought and lost since then and he’s still listed as the LW champ.

• Dufresne says:

• AlphaOmega says:

Thanks for looking that up. I kinda hope the title changed hands, but at the end of the day, does it matte?

• AlphaOmega says:

matter* Edit button please

• Guthookd says:

Cyborg looked as great as ever, though Jan held on way longer than I thought she would have. Great fight.

I thought Thompson was loosing that fight and was impressed by his comeback.

Le prooved what we all knew already.

I gave Doom 25% chance of taking out Fedor and said I hoped he would…..I have to admit it was a little sad when it finally happened. To see the end of an era right there inside of 2 minutes of round one was something else. I had to sit there for a second and just think about it.

Fedor is the best there’s ever been.

If he chooses to continue I actually believe this will open up some good fights for him with some previously unjustified but potentially threatening competition. If he chooses to retire then he will go down as the true king he was and he’ll always have my respect and gratitude for the brilliant fights he’s given us over the past 10 years.

• Rich S. says:

I find all these comments about “nuthuggers” and Fedor being an average fighter rather incredible.

There’s obviously some other reason for not liking the guy, because you’re absolutely crazy if you think he’s a “second tier” fighter after taking his first loss in over 30 professional fights..

And what’s with the comments about Werdum being a UFC reject? During his stint in the UFC, he managed to pulverize Brandon Vera, who, at the time was still a big deal, and Gonzaga, who, for some reason, still gets a ton of love and respect from most of the readers here.. And he happened to lose to Dos Santos who has since knocked out four more guys and is in the current title picture..

I feel like, if this fight was in a ring somewhere overseas, Fedor would’ve won. I’m just kind of bitter over how big of a deal they made of him coming over and fighting in Strikeforce. You can’t even hear his name without hearing the words “Greatest fighter ever” or “Invincible” or “Legendary” behind it. I don’t have the best memory but it didn’t seem like he had that kind of pressure surrounding him a few years ago.. It’s almost like he wanted to lose just to get it over with.

And now, now that he has finally taken his first loss, he should retire? The lengths you guys take when jumping to conclusions will never cease to amaze me..

Keep in mind, I’m taking no credit from Werdum.. I actually think he’s a top Heavyweight and maybe now he won’t be considered a UFC reject any more, but, instead, a serious, dangerous contender.

Well-Done. Thumb up 14 Thumb down 2

• ssundell says:

MCM:
    “Am I the only one that sees this as a good thing for Strikeforce? I’ve been saying since before they signed Fedor to not let him become their HW champ cause the moment he does, Strikeforce will fold.”

I see it as a good thing as well, although my problem wasn’t really with Fedor becoming a champion but when that would happen… Next fight after Werdum would’ve most likely been Overeem, and as it happens, it also would’ve been Fedor’s last fight in the contract. Strikeforce already seems to be losing one champion, seeing Fedor walk away with a belt would have been a big hit on the promotion.

Of course, now that’s not an immediate concern – of course depending on what kind of contracts Werdum and Overeem have :P It’ll be interesting to see how Fedor bounces back; it’s good to notice he’ll only turn 34 so he still has several potentially good years ahead of him, if he so chooses.

• Creature says:

LMFAO! wow some of you ppl get more rediculous everyday, ok 1. i NEVER said i wasnt happy that werdum got the W. because i am, im not a huge fan of his but i do like the guy, and 2. im a scumbag cuz i openly admit im happy fedor lost? so what ur saying is, anyone who is a fan of MMA is a scumbag? cuz im sure everyone on here has been happy a certain fighter lost 1 time or another. so why dont u stfu if all ur gonna do is make childish remarks that really make no sence.

• Dufresne says:

I’m with you Rich S. Werdum wasn’t getting near the respect he deserved coming into this fight, and I’ll admit I wasn’t giving him much of a chance of getting the W so I’m also at fault there.

Werdum is 14-4 and has only been finished once, by JDS who as you mentioned is in the title picture these days. He took AA to a decision while AA was still destroying people regularly, he took Big Nog to decision back in Nog’s prime in PRIDE, and lost a split decision to a guy who was 12-1 at the time. So it’s not like he’s been getting beaten by cans and hasbeens.

I’m honestly not sure exactly why he was cut from the UFC. Yeah he went 2-2, but he fought a former champ in his debut (AA), a guy that had just lost in his title shot (Gonzaga), a guy that was fighting for a title shot (Vera), and a guy who is most likely getting a title shot (JDS).

• Niv says:

Dufresne the common misconception or lie put out there is that Werdum was cut by the UFC. This simply is not true, he and the UFC decided to part ways as his contract was up and both sides could not agree to terms.

That is a huge difference from being a cast off, Werdum felt he was worth more than what the UFC thought he was, and last night I’d have to say he proved he was right.

Werdum has beaten some great fighters and has been stopped once in his entire career by a then unknown JDS. Werdum was next in line for a title shot when that happened and then the contract dispute followed.

Either way I’ve said this before about Fedor one of the greatest things about him is that he always went for the finish and never ceased to put himself into harms way to get it done. When he fought Big Nog in his prime he was in Nog’s guard the whole fight, this time Werdum caught him and that’s that.

I said it earlier congratulations to Werdum he really did shock the world and should have in the process proved he was always a top contender.

Well-Done. Thumb up 11 Thumb down 1

• danw84 says:

‘“If anyone has the name of a fighter who doesn’t have a legitimate defeat, I’d like to hear it.”

Jon Jones. Cain Velasquez. Shane Carwin (could change next week) to name a scant few.’

Sorry I meant someone on the level of Fedor, like the number of fights, quality of competition, etc. Obviously there are undefeated fighters.

• twyg says:

First big ups to Werdum, who will now be remembered as the guy that gave the god Fedor a legit lose. I also have to agree that Fedor not getting a title shot is the best thing that can happen to Coker and co. If Fedor wins last night and beats Overeem that puts the russians in a very advantagise position to grab the company by the short and curlies. One lose doesn’t change much, and I think if they fought again Fedor wins. He will finish off his contract (probably against Bigfoot) then retire. Still a top five HW in my book. First Torres,then BJ and Machida, and now Fedor; who goes down next.

• danw84 says:

i don’t see why people are calling for fedor’s retirement. he’s a year older than lesnar, and 2 years younger than carwin. it’s not like he’s pushing 40+. he could easily have another 5 or so years as a very high level competitor, if not longer.

i’m so happy for werdum. he proved the ufc not keeping him there was a stupid decision. he’s a GOOD fighter. i’m a huge fan of fedor, but i can’t take anything away from werdum. no questions, no excuses, just well implemented jiu jitsu.

i hope we get more than just 1 more fedor fight.

• MickeyC says:

Fedor should not retire. He got stuck in a sub, did anyone here not see this happaning @ Some point. HE IS STILL a contender in any hw division. The fight could just hase easialy gone the other way. But guess what it didn’t. Fedor llost, he is NO loner NO.1. Them the facts folks.i’ve said it before as awesome as he is, he had some hype helping along the way. When he first came to USA and talked toUFC, some of you acted like he was the F*#!ing terminator or some shit. He is just a man, beatable. If he had not been fighting inexperianced newbees and guys on there way down it would have happened sooner. That’s the sport.but Fedor do not retire, there are alot of fighters I would.still like to see you matched with, problem is, most are not in SF.we will have to see what happensnext. As much as I would like to see Overeem defend againt werdum, i’m not sure if I wouldn’t rather see a rematch first. I’m sure Feor qould come back strong.

• Dr. Sardonicus says:

Fluke?……REMATCH.
    If Fedor wins?……Third and deciding fight.
    If he loses…..No fluke.

• elsicilian says:

“And for fun, check out WAMMA’s rankings. You can tell it’s been a while since they updated any of them.

Yep. You can tell by the date printed at the top of the page (November 2009).

• Lethal Liquid says:

I say its time we( posters) put together our own heavyweight division rankings and open it up for debate.

• RU486 says:

After this next week, the HW rankings will for the first time in a long time be in perspective. Look forward to UFC 116, been wanting this fight since Carwin KO’d Wellisch.

• LiverPunch says:

Carwins biggest (only notable) wins are over Gonzaga and Mir . Wedum destroyed Gonzaga twice. Wedum is more decorated than Carwin, Dos Santos or Lesnar for that matter. So why do you come to the conclusion that the UFC has the top HW’s? Because you nuthug. You have no evidence that the UFC HWs are better, none. So you are just guessing. You fall for UFC marketing big time. You are foolish. I will not say that they don’t have the very best because I don’t have evidence either but I can make an educated guess and say that they probably don’t have all of them. You guys just guess. You must. What other way of determining it is there?. You don’t listen to top ten lists you dismiss facts you don’t like, some of you just make shit up. To say he would have lost more often if he had to face the top HWs is a dumb argument when we don’t know who the top HWs are. Do me a favor and look up the top HWs in the UFC and look at their records, then look up AA’s build up to fighting Fedor and tell me, out of the 2 who has the more impressive record?. You assume that these dudes are just better without evidence. Here is some thing I know. You don’t know. This is a fact. You assume. This is a fact. I will finish with 1 question…where is the evidence that the UFC HWs are better?. Where!? There is f#cking none 0, nix, zilch. Consider this please before you claim to be a psychic again.

• LiverPunch says:

“inexperianced newbees and guys on there way down”
    Arlovski 5 straight wins and world no.2 with his last 2 wins being stopages of Nelson and Rothwell.
    Sylvia world no. 5 and had just fought for a UFC title the fight before.
    Rogers was unbeaten and world no. 5
    Crocop world no.2
    Nog world no. 2 and world no 1
    Herring world no.5
    Hunt world no. 10
    along with Randleman, TK Kohsaka, Babalu, Arona, Schilt, Fujita, Coleman, Lindland etc. He has only faced 1 guy that you could class as a newbie, Hong Man Choi. No one in the history of MMA has a record even close. Not couture, not Mir, not, Nog and not Lesnar Valasquez, Dos Santos or Carwin. So who? He is considered the greatest by most insiders for a reason.

Ahhhh… same shit different day. It’s like groundhog day around here.

Why are these same comments and conversations reoccurring daily.

I think my eyes are bleeding…

• LiverPunch says:

I agree Rece Rock and I will keep backing my side up with evidence. I just wish others would do the same. I’m still waiting…. as long as people are going to say this gut feeling, hypothetical BS I will contradict with facts and stats until one day they actually remember that there is a real world where evidence and facts matter.