“The Spartan” vs. “The Bear” in heavyweight battle of UFC newcomers at UFC 120

The Chute Boxe trained knockout artist Vinicius “Spartan” Kappke de Quieroz will collide with UK favorite Rob “The Bear” Broughton at UFC 120 in a heavyweight showdown between UFC first-timers.

News of the bout was first reported by Tatame.com.

UFC 120 is expected to take place from the O2 Arena in London, England on October 16.

Kappke de Quieroz sports a record of 5-1 with every one of his victories being finished via KO or TKO, while the more experienced Broughton holds a career record of 14-5-1 and a reputation as a relentless brawler.

Other bouts expected for UFC 120 include Dan Hardy vs. Carlos Condit and Cheick Kongo vs. Travis Browne.

• Kamakosmo says:

Is there somethimg wrong with me if I don’t know who these guys are? Can’t wait for this fight??? I guess….Wooooo

• Kamakosmo says:

Just Wiki’d this card…..
    Rampage vs. Nogueira (sp?) and maybe Hardy vs. Condit, which will both be great fights…lets hope.

• Lethal Liquid says:

I saw on another site that its possible Cain-Lesnar might be on 119 or 120. I find that incredible if true

• Matthew says:

Cain vs Lesnar happens in the North America. Nuff said.
    The introduction of more Heavyweights. I must say that i am a fan of that. As much as i like watching the midgets go at it, the giants are just as much fun.

I think DW would like them to fight at 119 but I don’t know if the med suspensions have even been released yet so… I guess we will see… I know Brock likes kicking ass and cashing checks so if available he’ll probably agree to it… As silly as it may sound they need to over expose Brock in his prime because he can take the sport to the next level in terms of exposure and branding. He may not be the most well rounded fighter or the P4P best but he is destined to be the face of the co. down the road if his success continues…

• Dufresne says:

Agreed Rece. Lesnar is 32 (with a birthday in less than a week. Thanks wikipedia!) and he’s not exactly in a sport that lends itself well to long careers. There are the obvious examples, but like NFL players, the average MMA career is surprisingly short.

Brock comes with an already very recognizable image, he’s proven he can be a villain and that he can be a good guy, and with a few very talented HWs coming in right on his tail he can pave the way for them making it easier for them to get exposure and thus bigger paychecks. He’s already the coverboy on the UFC 2010 game so it seems that the UFC is thinking along the same lines.

I’m hoping that these newer guys come in with a bang and keep they HW hype going.