Mitrione vs. Beltran, Dollaway vs. Doerkson set for UFC 119 Prelims on Spike TV

New York, NY, July 20, 2010 – Spike TV will showcase two of “The Ultimate Fighter’s” most prominent recent alumni, Matt Mitrione (season 10) and CB Dollaway (season 7), in live undercard bouts from “UFC 119: Mir vs. Nogueira 2” on Saturday, September 25 at 9:00 PM ET / 6:00 PM PT from Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, IN.

In a battle of up-and-coming heavyweights, the outspoken “The Ultimate Fighter 10” alum Matt Mitrione (2-0) takes on Joey Beltran. Mitrione, a former NFL defensive lineman with the New York Giants and Minnesota Vikings, defeated fellow NFL alum Marcus Jones last December on the “The Ultimate Fighter 10” finale card in his first official fight in the Octagon®. He followed that up with a dominating performance over wildly popular “The Ultimate Fighter 10” castmate Kimbo Slice, winning via TKO in the second round. Fighting out of Indianapolis, IN, Mitrione is looking to ascend the division ranks against Beltran, who is also a perfect 2-0 in his UFC career.

Joey Beltran (12-3), fighting out of Carlsbad, CA, is a rising prospect in the heavyweight division. The 28-year-old heavy hitter has won his first two UFC contests, defeating Rolles Gracie via TKO at UFC 109 this past February and a three-round decision over Tim Hague in May at UFC 113.

CB Dollaway (11-3) gained national acclaim on “The Ultimate Fighter 7,” making it to the series finale against Amir Sadollah in June 2008. Fighting out of Tempe, AZ, Dollaway has been victorious in four of his last five trips into the Octagon, including most recently a decision over Goran Reljic at UFC 110 in February.

Throughout his extensive mixed martial arts career, middleweight Joe Doerkson (46-12), fighting out of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, has battled with many of the biggest names in the sport. His resume includes victories over Chris Leben, Patrick Cote, Lee Murray, along with a hard-fought battle against UFC Hall of Famer Matt Hughes. He has currently won his last seven MMA bouts, including a second round submission win over Tom Lawlor at UFC 113 this past May.

Other bouts on the card might air on Spike TV, to be determined by the length of the fights.

I got Beltran for the win…

and I got anybody who fights CB for the win… It’s something about Dollaway just never took a liking to him

• Dufresne says:

I’m taking Doerkson for the win as well. I never liked Dollaway either, but the reason I’m picking against him here is that both of his losses have been by submission and Doerkson has 33 wins via submission in his career. That’s almost 3x the number of fights Dollaway has period.

• mu_shin says:

Matt Mitrione came off to me like a total head case on TUF, and his desire, work habits, and motivation all seemed way below par. Have to admit I was surprised when he got by Marcus Jones, and was actually pretty impressed with the condition he showed up in against Kimbo. This fight should be his real baptism in the UFC, as Joey Beltran has some knockout victories under his belt, and should give Mitrione a real challenge in the stand-up aspect.

Joe Doerkson is a strong journeyman fighter, and if CB Dolloway wants to ingratiate himself into the minds and hearts of UFC fans, it would behoove him to come out firing, and try to take the fight to Doerkson wherever it ends up happening, on the feet or on the mat. Seems a lot of guys have a negative impression of Dolloway, but the best way to reverse that is for him to win convincingly. This fight is no time for CB to play it safe; he’s got to show the fans his heart and his desire if he wants to hear those cheers in the octagon.

• Guthookd says:

OK Rece, I’ll take that bet. I pick Meat Head for the win.

I was impressed with Joey’s last performance and I think he’s for real, but Meat Head looked like he had done a lot of work between TUF and his last fight. I think that fight must have motivated him to work even harder, so I think he’s going to come out and impress us again, as insane as that may have sounded 1 year ago.

BTW, I think one of the reasons people don’t like CB is because he refers to himself in the third person. That never works out….see Tito Ortiz.

• MCM says:

Meat Head has done a ton of work since TUF, and he looked really good against Kimbo (I know, not that hard). But the UFC is doing him no favors by throwing him in with Beltran. If Mitrione can come away with the W on this one, I will be duly impressed.

I too think Joe is gonna sub CB. CB came across as an intelligent, articulate writer and speaker when he was blogging for TUF on the Junk. The problem was started every article off with an explanation of why he Wasn’t a douche. That and the whole “I didn’t tap” deal with Amir make’s him come across negatively to most people. I don’t personally know the guy, but I know a couple people that hung out at the bar with him during the airings of TUF and they said he’s a really nice guy….he just comes across like a dick on TV. With that said, WAR Doerkson!

• manny says:

The mexicutioner win take this one. He has better stand up and doesn’t gas quickly.