St. Pierre’s title defense against Josh Koscheck slated for Montreal

It appears the Ultimate Fighter Season 12 is scheduled to culminate in UFC welterweight champ George St. Pierre defending his title against top contender Josh Koscheck in Montreal. According to Dana White, the bout will headline UFC 124 at the Belle Center on December 11th. News of the event was recently confirmed by the UFC President to MMAFighting.

TUF 12 is set to air on Spike starting September 15th. Opposing coaches on the show, St. Pierre and Koscheck fought once before in August 2007 in a bout which “Rush” cruised to a unanimous decision win. GSP has won six straight since beating Koscheck while “Kos” has gone 6-2 over the same span.

UFC 124 will mark the second time St. Pierre has fought with a title on the line in Montreal. The first came in the form of his ultimately successful rematch against Matt Serra, a match-up resulting in one of the most memorable arena-atmospheres in recent history.

• sides666 says:

I am sure kos will enjoy all the hatred in the air on fight night he usually has alot of haters but fighting gsp in montreal there is not gonna be too many people cheering his way. Should be a fun fight to watch koshchecks hands have gotten much better than in their first fight i still think gsp will dominate kos hopefully in entertaining fashion

Well-Done. Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

• stone says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Weak-Sauce. Thumb up 8 Thumb down 19

It would be pretty fucking sweet…it’s also pretty fucking unlikely.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 4

• Guthookd says:

My God. Could there be a more boring rivalry. Blah.

• boomnutz says:

i still like GSP, and i find what does pretty exciting. Who cares if he doesn’t finish people. It’s still fun to watch someone so much better than all of his opponents. Last fight even though he didn’t finish, that was a fucking brilliant display of jui jitsu and grappling still can’t believe how Dan Hardy’s arm didn’t snap. He brought in Freddie Roach so maybe we can see more of his hands. Everyone forgets he became a wrestler, he was a striker before that

Well-Done. Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

• Dufresne says:

I got GSP by 4th round stoppage. That’s right. I said “stoppage” and “GSP” in the same sentence.

The submission game GSP showed against Hardy was worlds ahead of the one, or lack of one for that matter, that he showed against Kos the first time through. If he had just a bit more of a mean streak in him GSP would have finished Hardy off in that bout.

I don’t think he’s gonna hold back against Kos, not after dealing with his loud ass and Fraggle Rock hair style for 6 straight weeks. If he gets a hold of one of those arms, he’s gonna take it home and mount it right under his belt.

Well-Done. Thumb up 19 Thumb down 0

• MCM says:

I think you might be right Duf. Remember how pissed off GSP was at Hughes in season 4. I think having to deal with all the smack talk (I think we’re all just assuming there will be smack from Kos), is gonna get under GSP’s skin and make want to shut him up even more.

• boomnutz says:

yup Duf, you make a good point dude, i remember watching that fight, thinking the only reason he didn’t get it was because he was going to break the fucking thing off…I know Kos is a wrestler and should have good cardio but he’s never been into the championship rounds, and the last time he really fought a fight where he was being controlled was against GSP, so i’m looking for GSP to wear him down, I’m not saying it’ll happen but i really think he’s going to try for the stoppage too, but TKO, he def. hears the critics…

• Niv says:

I have to agree with those that believe GSP will stop Kos. I don’t really think Kos is anywhere near GSP’s calibre and I think anytime you give GSP reason to light a fire under his ass he comes out to hurt you.

I don’t care how people see GSP, just because he got caught once by a big Serra punch doesn’t mean he can’t bang. He had no issues pounding Penn into submission and pounded Fitch so bad for 5 rounds that almost anyone else would have quit, so I really don’t get the he’s boring bs either.

Anyhow I look forward to Kos being handed his lunch in front of thousands of fans that absolutely hate him.

• Dr.Stoppage says:

Kos was wrong about the Pens knocking off the Habs in the NHL playoffs,and he is wrong in his prediction of beating GSP.
    I give him full credit for stirring the pot with Montreal fans, though.
    This is one fight where I would actually love to see another GSP 5 round smotherfest.
    It’s fulfilling to watch one man break another man’s will for 25 minutes,especially if that other man is Josh Koscheck.
    GSP has the best 5 rounders in the business.
    Screw the KO and sub attempts.
    I just wanna see Kos stew in frustration and realization that he will NEVER be better than George St. Pierre .
    Hell,I could watch that for hours.

P.S. I’m very pumped to hear they’re finally working on bringing the boys back home.Well done,USA.

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

I bet the crowd will be deafening for GSP. I like Kos but, unless he really steps up his game I’m not convinced he will beat GSP especially with the crowd so pro-GSP

• Talengard says:

Kos can’t handle his rhythm

• BillyWarhol says:

yeah I’m worried about Rush not bein’ able to put people away – he Beat on Baby Pudge Penn fer 5 rounds + even Frankie Edgar was more impressive than that!!

• BillyWarhol says:

ps but more importantly all the Girls from Montreal + Quebec City are as Gorgeous as Lariani*******

• twyg says:

All I have seen this year are major underdogs take it to the favorite, and in most cases pull off the upset. I’m taking Kos in this one. No rhyme or reason for that pick. Kos is a douchebag, and I hate GSP and his Sean Sherk like leg humping as of late. Would just like to see the two teammates forced to fight (Kos/Fitch) so we can get it over with.

• Creature says:

ill have 2 say if ANYONE has a good chance at taking out GSP it would be kos or fitch, do i think it will happen? prolly not, but im not ruling it out. kos hands are sooo much better than the 1st fight and this time hes not gonna underestimate GSP, i think this could be a stand up war 2 be honest. the 1st 1 GSP has had since fitch, but id rather much see fitch take the title than kos if anyone does

• boomnutz says:

Hey Billy…You’re sadly mistaken, BJ quit on the stool, GSP did more damage to BJ in 4 rounds than Frankie did in 10, also it’s Arianny…

Dr. Stoppage – if i had to see anyone get dominated for 5 rounds, it would def. be Kos.

I don’t know why people think Kos’ hands are so much better…all he does is wing haymakers, it got him caught against Thiago, and he clearly didn’t want to try and hang with Rumble or Semtex, and got beat up by Thiago for 3 rounds…I feel like he’s gotten better since they’re last fight, but I feel GSP has improved far more than Kos…GSP’ standup is too technical and diverse, to get caught by one of those overhand rights, imo

• moosebaby02 says:

so since the 1st time these two fought kos has gotten so much better then GSP??? that makes sense.

“Hey Billy…You’re sadly mistaken, BJ quit on the stool, GSP did more damage to BJ in 4 rounds than Frankie did in 10″
    boomnutz thanks for clearing that up. how soon do the haters forget.

kos is going to be taken for a long 25 min “back you shit up” ride and its been driven by man know RUSH. He asked for it and now he is going to get it

I just can’t wait for GSP to try and talk shit back to Kos on the TUF show… going to sound funny with his accent and the fact that most ppl whom usually dont talk shit get pretty fired up when being verbally picked on and don’t always keep there composure… let the comedy ensue.

• MCM says:

- Rece Rock

Hahahahahaha. Now I’m picturing GSP doing his best “WAITING FOR GUFFMAN” impression….

“You’re all just, just, BASTARD people.”

hahahhaaa yeah.

• Dufresne says:

LMAO! Completely forgot about that movie!

“And I’m going home and I’m gonna, I’m gonna BITE MY PILLOW, is what I’m gonna do!”

• Dufresne says:

“Well, then, I just HATE you… and I hate your… ass… FACE! “

• boomnutz says:

moose, i don’t if that was directed at me or not, if it was, i was trying to say that I think Kos has gotten better, but he hasn’t improved as much as GSP has in that same time.

• moosebaby02 says:

boomnutz not directed at you man. you were bang on with that one.

• Dominance says:

Boomnutz:boomnutz says:
    September 1, 2010 at 8:49 am

Preach on brotha! You hit the nail on the head!

Realistically GSP is far ahead of Kos in every area…its GSP’s to lose…Kos seems to have his best shot at winning this fight via faking some form of illegal blow or phantom shot…he’s real good at those

• manny says:

I agree with you STONE, I like GSP but lately his fights have been disappointing to ME.
    I’m not a big fan of KOS but I’m hpoing he does pull a Matt Serra.
    I’m tired of watching him wrestle and not finishing fights lately.. I can watch dat in WWE.
    But i still blame J silva & the UFC for setting gsp against strikers w/ little ground games.
    Just keep building him. I WANNA SEE GSP VS A. SILVA.. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!