FiveOuncesOfPain.com is looking to hire an interim editor to help lead the site forward as it moves into 2011. This is a paid position. While you will not be able to quit your job, serving as the interim editor of 5 Oz. will allow for additional income and could also catapult you to greater opportunity.
The site’s owners, Sam Caplan, Cory Brady, and David Andrest, all work full-time for major MMA promotions. Could you be the next to follow in their footsteps?
Also, please keep in mind that we will only have time to respond to “serious inquiries” (i.e. candidates who meet the qualifications listed below). Resumes with a cover letter should be sent to Sam Caplan at SCaplan8@gmail.com.
Qualified candidates should possess the following qualifications:
– An undying passion for MMA and a healthy respect for FiveOuncesOfPain.com’s place in the industry and a sense of urgency to grow its current traffic levels
– A minimum of two years experience writing for a Mixed Martial Arts content source
– The ability to post several times a day during standard business hours and follow it up with additional posts after business hours
– A network of sources to contact in order to report exclusive news items
– The resources to assemble a staff of additional writers working on a volunteer basis
– The flexibility in scheduling to be able to post on weekends, especially late at night following major MMA events
– A strong work ethic. While the interim editor’s position is a paid position, it will not allow you to quit your regular job
– Strong grasp of the English language and a good knowledge of all of its grammatical rules
– Must have a thick skin and bring professionalism to an industry where sometimes unprofessionalism is the norm
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
– Assembling a volunteer staff of young, hungry writers looking to make names for themselves in the industry
– Creating a weekly content plan and ensure that its staff executes that plan
– Serving as the site’s feature writer, posting 2-3 articles a day pertaining to analysis of major events, opinion-driven pieces that provoke thought, as well as write breaking news articles
– Monitor posts in the comments section of each article and ensure that they reflect decency rules while also interacting with site’s readers in a professional manner
– Willingness to do media appearances with no additional compensation in order to promote the FiveOuncesOfPain.com name