UFC 122 Live Results

Guten Tag! UFC 122 is on the cusp of firing up from the Konig Pilsener Arena in Oberhausen, Germany and Five Ounces of Pain will be here bringing readers live results as they unfold starting at approximately 12:30 PM EST. The event is headlined by a bout between 185-pound contenders Nate Marquardt and Yushin Okami with the added bonus of a middleweight title-shot on the line.

Okami has won five of his last six fights and is coming off back-to-back victories over Lucio Linhares and Mark Munoz. He has racked up a 9-2 record since signing with the UFC and is 25-5 overall.

Comparably, Marquardt has emerged with his hands raised four of the previous five times he’s stepped into the ring with the most recent “W” coming by way of first-round TKO over submission-specialist Rousimar Palhares. In addition to Palhares, the winner of thirty professional bouts thus far in his career has also beaten the likes of Demian Maia, Jeremy Horn, and Kazuo Misaki.

Also lined up for tonight’s show, Ultimate Fighter Season 7 champ Amir Sadollah will look to avoid a second consecutive defeat when he faces 23-year old German product Peter Sobotta. In addition to their match-up, light heavyweight journeyman Vladimir Matyushenko will attempt to bounce back from his vicious TKO loss to Jon Jones this past August against newly signed BJJ-machine Alexandre Ferreira (who has seventeen submissions in eighteen total wins), with Krzysztof Soszynski, Dennis Siver, Jorge Rivera*, and a slew of other talented fighters slated for action.

If you are hoping to flip on Spike TV tonight with the event left unspoiled, this is definitely the time you want to stop reading this page. If you are hoping to tune in and perhaps pull a fast one on your friends by displaying your amazing ability to predict outcomes – or you simply want to know what went down in Deutschland – enjoy!

Read below for a complete rundown of live results from UFC 122:

Carlos Eduardo Rocha def. Kris McCray via Submission Round 1 (Kneebar)
Karlos Vemola def. Seth Petruzelli via TKO Round 1 (Strikes)
Kyle Noke def. Rob Kimmons via Submission Round 2 (Rear-Naked Choke)
Pascal Krauss def. Mark Scanlon via Unanimous Decision
Vladimir Matyushenko def. Alexandre Ferreira via TKO Round 1 (Strikes)
Duane Ludwig def. Nick Osipczak via Split Decision
Krzysztof Soszynski def. Goran Reljic via Unanimous Decision
Amir Sadollah def. Peter Sobotta via Unanimous Decision
Dennis Siver def. Andre Winner via Submission Round 1 (Rear-Naked Choke)
Yushin Okami def. Nate Marquardt via Unanimous Decision

* – Alessio Sakara has been forced to withdraw from his bout against Jorge Rivera due to an undisclosed illness. Ludwig vs. Osipczak has now been moved to the main card as a replacement.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• MCM says:

Well, there goes Petruzelli’s run in the UFC.

• Brendhan Conlan says:

I’d wager the same is true for McCray.

• hindsightufuk says:

great win for dennis siver, well chuffed for him. i think Winner is another over rated TUF reject so its good to see Dennis get the win.
    pretty dull event so far, and Dennis livened it up.
    the only other highlights have been joe rogans checking the oil comment and amir sadollahs ever improving technique, shame he doesnt have the strength in his punches to finish anyone.

• cocoonofhorror says:

damn Marquardt gets pwnd by wrestlers….

• hindsightufuk says:

and there wasnt even much wrestling involved!
    if only Yushin had a real killer instinct i reckon he would be an awesome fighter

• fanoftna33 says:

I was pullng for Okami here but a 30-27 score was crazy, no way he won round 2. This is the type of fight you get with two guys so giid though, no real clear winner. Ans Siver looked great didnt he, looks like Winner does not have a very thick beard though. Very happy to see Bang get win here also. Amir does look slick but I wonder if we will see his submission game(which is pretty good) anytime soon? Great free event.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Marquardt is 1-4 against top 10 since coming to the UFC, with his only victory vs a top 10 coming via a first punch flash TKO against Maia. Now I think he is a good fighter but his name should really be Nate “the greatly overrated” Marquardt. Harsh you say, no it isn’t considering he has been heralded as 1 of the very best, well 1-4 vs the top 10 says he isn’t. He is not top 5 and in my opinion would be lucky to be considered top 10.
    1, A Silva
    2, Sonnen
    3, Jacare
    4, Hendo
    5, Belfort
    6, Okami
    7, Lombard
    8. Santiago
    9, Mayhem
    10, Marquardt

• Sykotick says:

Logic, you have Sonnen at #2 yet the dude is coming off a loss, popped positive for PEDs, AND his last victory came against a guy who you are saying is a barely there top 10er? Not to mention that other than A. Silva and Nate his other top 10 opponent of recent memory is Maia a guy who subbed him in like 2 min, come on now, if Nate is barely on the cusp of top 10-ship then how is Sonnen #2

• MCM says:

Of course Lombard in not overrated cause he’s beaten all of ZERO top ten fighters and hasn’t fought anyone of consequence since Mousasi and that was over 4 years ago. Or Santiago who has beaten hardly anyone of note but who has losses to such top MW fighters as Diego Sanchez and Manny Gamburyan. And Jacare some how gets the number 3 spot with only one (according to him) win over a top 10 guy….and that guy is Jason Miller!

And how is Marquart 1-4 against top 10 in the UFC when you don’t even have Thales Leites as a top 10 guy. And the fact that you would even count that loss against him, indicates that you’ve never seen the fight and are simply reading W/L stats.

Dude, I can respect some of what you say, and you’re clearly entitled to your opinions on this board or any others. But calling yourself MMA-LOGIC and then throwing all logic out the window is kinda asking to get called out.

• JOEgun says:

MMA logic, I was gonna give a thumbs up because I agree that Nate is overrated but your top 10 list really sucks, seriously

• elkymbo says:

All I can say is thank fuck I didn’t pay for that.

• STM199 says:

Nate is now clearly overrated. He didn’t look good in that fight at all and stormed out of the ring like Forest Griffin. I am disappointed since he is a good fighter. Top Ten? Yes, in the UFC sinc the Middle weight division isnt that stacked in my opinion. Maybe an off night.

• JabCrossHook says:

the janitor was never submitted in his career, and he beat Big Nog in a decision back in 2002, does that tell you anything about his submission defense? keep in mind this was at HW, so at LHW i doubt there is a guy strong enough to submit vlad

no offense but you should really re-evaluate the knowledge of the writers on your website because this isn’t the first time someone made questionable calls when there is clear evidence showing the complete opposite. like seriously, you actually expected a round 1 submission?

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Leites was a top 10 and received a title shot in the UFC afterwards. Yes I saw the fight but tell me has Machida beaten Shogun? how about Randy do we count his victory over Vera? sorry next time I will ask YOU whether I should count it. Write a letter to somebody asking for the victory to be revoked or something if you like but until then I will stick to official results, thanks. Besides like you said Leites is not top 10 or probably top 20 anymore so that is even worse for Marquardt.
    Sonnen beat Filho, Marquardt and Okami of which 2 were top 5 and in those victories he did not test positive. He is ranked top 2 by Sherdog I checked it out just then. Marquardt has also tested positive for PEDs.
    Fedor is coming off a loss but is top 3.
    Lombard has not faced a top 10 so it is hard to judge, he may well be overrated. Marquardt has lost to 4 out of 5 so we can judge. He has looked terrible against the majority of them also and his one punch TKO of Maia can be considered a fluke, not to say he wouldn’t have won anyway but it was a 1 in a thousand shot.
    Jacare souza is 12-2 and has victories over fellow top 10 prospects and top 20s Kennedy, Lindland, Miller, Villasenor, Shlemenko and in the last 6 years has only lost to 1 fighter and that was the no.1 at the time Mousasi. Just because the UFC CLAIMS to have the top fighters does not mean a fighter outside of the UFC cannot become top 10 because he can’t face “big names”. Carwin has beaten 1 top 20 and 1 top 10 and is ranked as high as he is remember, Belfort has beaten Lindland at MW and that is all as far as top comp goes and he is ranked top 5.
    Santiago lost to those guys but A. Silva lost to Chonnan and Takase, Couture lost to V. Overeem and Illoukhine so perhaps we should have taken that into account before making them No1. Marquardt has lost to such standouts as Kiuma Kunioku and Izuru Takeuchi.
    Fine you guys don’t agree with the order of my top 10 and to be honest I completely forgot about Maia but who are you going to put in there? Wandy who has never fought at 185? perhaps Bisping and Shields, could be argued for and Leben is starting to look good also but who else? please don’t say Akiyama or Miller. I would change it to go something like Silva, SONNEN!, Jacare, Shields, Hendo, Okami, Maia, Belfort, Santiago, Bisping and drop Marquardt. Please inform me with your infinite wisdom who is no.2 or give your full list so I may use LOGIC to try and debate it.

• MCM says:

Seriously, if you’re name wasn’t MMA-LOGIC you wouldn’t get so many negative comments all the time. But since it is……

Comparing Machida and Randy’s wins to Leites’s lacks logic. All three judges (and 1000’s of fans) scored the fights for Machida and Randy according to the rules of the octagon, Striking, Grappling, Aggression, and Octagon Control, and gave them the win. All three judges in the Nate/Thales fight scored the fight by the same criteria and gave it Nate, but because of the point deductions, Thales was awarded the victory (and even then it was Split). Your argument that Nate lost that fight due to being an overrated fighter is a poorly thought out argument. Being that you also forgot Maia and I believe Kampman was a top 10 MW at the time, that puts Marquardt at 5-3 against top MW’s.

I agree that Sonnen is #2. PED’s or not.

You say Lombard may be overrated, but YOU put him in your top ten. You also say Belfort has only beaten one top 20 fighter (and your correct) but YOU put him at #5. You admit to forgetting about Maia, but for someone who has been all over Jake Shields in other threads, you completely leave him out when he holds clear victories over 3 of your top 10.

You’re right in that the UFC does not hold a monopoly on top talent but they do consistently have a higher caliber of fighter. SF’s MW division is the only one on the planet that can compete with the UFC’s MW’s in caliber of fighter.

To be honest, I don’t know why I’m getting into this little argument with you anyway. We’re all entitled to our own opinions, and I don’t expect everyone to agree with me any more than I expect to agree with everyone. This topic just got me riled up a little for some reason.

Oh..and replacing Marquardt with Maia in your top 10 lacks logic. :)

• Creature says:

Alan Belcher easily top 10.. just my oppinion though

• elkymbo says:

Daniel Bryan top ten!

• Brendhan Conlan says:

“lol to whoever predicted alexander would submit matyushenko knows nothing about mma. the janitor was never submitted in his career, and he beat Big Nog in a decision back in 2002, does that tell you anything about his submission defense?”

Beyond that, though I wasn’t the one who made the prediction, I will say that MMA is a highly unpredictable sport, and the notion that a guy with 17 of his 18 wins by way of submission (who had tapped seven straight opponents entering UFC 122) might BJJ his way to victory against Matyushenko isn’t THAT crazy.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Yeah and saying point deductions shouldn’t count is full of logic. I never said Nate lost because he is overrated I said he is overrated because he lost. Go back and read it again. He lost that fight fairly and because of his own actions.He has been ranked in the top 5 for years and yet he loses 80% of the time to top 10 fighters so I said he is overrated.
    Jake is now at WW so I left him out, I hate this stuff where A. Silva is a top 10 LHW and so on but felt an obligation to put him in the 2nd list.
    Lombard may be overrated but we can’t know for sure, I guess this is where rankings break down,contracts gotta love them. Marquardt has shown us that he is overrated because of his inability to beat top 10 fighters, unless he connects with his very first punch that is or the guy is just lying there pointing at the ref and Marquardts ankle.
    I’m sure if you put your top 10 down I would be able to pick holes in it too. You are right that there is no point in arguing it, 1 of the reasons is that (in my opinion) half of the best are outside of the UFC and that includes the guy I think is the very best Jacare Souza. It always amazes me when people try to say Nelson is top 10 when he has never beaten a top 20 let alone a top 10, has failed to beat top 20 guys on 4 out of 4 occasions and is 2-3 from his last 5. Maybe there is no logic to it.
    Finally do you think Marquardt is overrated?. Should he have been called the 2nd best or do you think that was wrong?.I think his performances against Sonnen and now Okami say he was hugely overrated and we will see how he comes back from this.

• MCM says:

Do I think Marquardt is overrated? No. Do I think there is a huge flaw in his game? Yes. I, like many others, considered him the 2nd best MW in the world before the Sonnen fight. In 6 yrs he had only one real loss and that was to Anderson Silva. Chael exposed a huge hole in his game…and then did the same thing to AS. If Silva goes on to loose his next couple will people then say that he too was overrated?
    Did Nate’s stock drop a little after the Sonnen fight? Yes. Did it drop more after the Okami fight? You bet. Does it knock him out of the top 10 or render moot everything he did before those fights? I don’t think so. There’s no doubt that Nate has a long road back to the top but I think he has the skill set to make the climb. And in that I wouldn’t call him overrated.

• JabCrossHook says:

“Actually, he beat Little Nog by decision in 2002. Probably best to get your facts straight before you question someone else’s knowledge of MMA.”

Actually it was an honest mistake, I typed this on the quick so my point still stands its not like lil nog’s BJJ isn’t just as deadly as big nog’s.