UPDATE: Fedor Emelianenko could return to action as soon as next month

Those waiting to see how former heavyweight king Fedor Emelianenko will respond in the follow-up fight to the first legitimate loss of his storied career won’t have to wait with bated breath much longer according to a recent report on the Russian’s current status. In fact, “The Last Emperor” is expected to return as soon as January 29 at an upcoming Strikeforce event in San Jose against 15-2 Antonio “Pezao” Silva.

News of the possible match-up was reported by MMAWeekly where it was also explained Emelianenko’s management group may have finally agreed to an extension with Strikeforce.

However, Five Ounces of Pain has since spoken with a representative from M-1 who explained the two groups are actively discussing an extension but have not finalized terms on any deal. Additionally, nothing official has been agreed to as far as a date/opponent for Fedor’s next fight. Five Ounces also confirmed the same information with Strikeforce, meaning both sides have denied the deal being in place at this point in time.

Emelianenko was last seen in action this past June against Fabricio Werdum where he was submitted a little more than a minute into the opening frame of their headlining match-up. Prior to the jaw-dropping defeat he had been considered virtually unbeatable in the ring, rallying off more than twenty-five straight wins after a cut-based blemish a decade prior. Among his thirty-one victories in the ring are former UFC champions Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski, as well as a number of MMA’s heavyweight elite in their primes during his historic run in PRIDE including Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic.

In his rumored pairing with Silva he faces a 6’4” striker with ten TKOs who is equally well-versed on the ground. Occasionally labeled as “Bigfoot”, the ominous Brazilian has found success eight of the last nine times he’s stepped into the ring with the only exception being a decision loss to Werdum a little more than a year ago.

PHOTO CREDIT – STRIKEFORCE

• Guthookd says:

If Bigfoot gets out of the first round with Fedorovna I will be very impressed. I predict a first round KO by Fedor.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 5

• Dufresne says:

Occasionally labeled as “Bigfoot”…

Occasionally? I’ve never heard him called anything but “Bigfoot.” in fact I’ve never heard anyone call him “Pezão,” including SF’s ring announcer and commentary crews.

Well-Done. Thumb up 21 Thumb down 1

There is nothing interesting in the least bit about this match up… Bigfoot got knocked down by a LHW in the first round of his last fight, like Fedor won’t man handle him, wow what a challenge for the “The Last Emperor”.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 7 Thumb down 12

• MCM says:

Gotta disagree Rece Rock. For SF’s HW division, this is the perfect fight for both guys. Both Top 5 fighters in SF, that need to get through each other before they get a shot at the title. I don’t normally use MMA math but Bigfoot did a poop load better against Werdum in their matchup than Fedor.

Of course, it’s not like this fight is actually gonna happen. It makes too much sense, and making sense is just not M-1 globals MO.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 4

• Sykotick says:

MCM
    Saying bigfoot is too 5 in strikeforce is pretty much a pointless stat cuz, no offense to any of the strikeforce heavyweights but if you look at just strikeforce, Hershal Walker is a top 10er and in Heavyweight rankings (which I think matters more than syrikeforce’s personal ranking Fedor a consistant #2 has no business fighting Bigfoot who isn’t even a consistant #10

• qat says:

yeah i guess fedor plays a little with bigfoot, watches him, and then fucks him up big time.

i hope this rumor turns out to be true.
    fedor earlier than expected, a finish very very possible, bigfoot finally derailed. me likey.

• Angry Mike says:

On paper Fedor should win, but I didn’t give Werdum much of a chance, either. Now that Fedor has been beaten, other fighters know it can be done and will have more confidence. Since Fedor has more experience, quicker hands, and legit stopping power, I say he wins, and probably by ko or tko. Silva is a deliverate fighter and won’t recklessly charge in, so it might go to the second, but not the third.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

SF/M1 and Dream vs UFC top HWs.

Overeem vs Valasquez
    Arlovski vs Kongo
    Ricco vs Crocop
    Del Rosario vs Hardonk
    Gracie vs Barry
    Lahley vs Yvel
    V. Overeem vs …

I know some of you will say the UFCs HWs are better and a few will say that the SF/DREAM/M1 HWs are better but me, I just say both are very good and anyone trying to say 1 is better than the other is a fool. Show me evidence or stop telling me the world is flat. I hear guys hanging shit on the HW division of SF and co all the time but I think it is because they really don’t know what they are talking about or are just one eyed marks for marketing and spin.

Bring on this match up. Fedor vs a top 10 is fantastic. Yes Silva is top 10, look it up.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 10 Thumb down 6

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Another thing. Please explain what M1global has done wrong?. Besides refusing a contract with the UFC I have heard of nothing else but BS.
    For example I hear they killed Pride, Bodog and Affliction, lies. I heard that they have mob ties, well this is nothing unusual for the fight biz or Las Vegas casino owners (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) if it is even true, and if it is, well they don’t seem to be asking Fedor to take a dive in the 2nd too often do they.
    The other thing I have heard is that they duck fights, lies again, they have never ever ducked a legit challenge to date. They have had the UFC prevent no.1 and no.2 fighting (Randy vs Fedor) but they have never turned down a legit challenge ever. Overeem was challenged and said no. Barnett was done for drugs.
    So what is it that people don’t like about M1?.
    The cold war is over people.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 8 Thumb down 7

“Another thing. Please explain what M1global has done wrong?”

Ummm they sign 3 fight deals and renegotiate after every fight…. Just for starters.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 7

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Fancy a management team renegotiating for their fighter. I’m glad they don’t all do that .. oh wait they do. It should be the case that you can’t negotiate for your fighter and just have to be screwed over by powerful promoters eh Rece. None of this fairness shit.
    If he signed a 3 fight contract like you say, there must have been room for negotiation otherwise they would not be able to. So SF gave him a contract in which this was possible or a stipulation and would have known this or you have it wrong. SF and M1 are arm wrestling over conditions and pay. What the hell is wrong with that? That is why SF has him in the first place and not the UFC. The UFC has the “our way or no way” policy and SF doesn’t. So M1 negotiates the conditions for Fedor and itself and SF tries to do the same. If they can’t agree, Fedor doesn’t fight in SF or the US until his contract says otherwise. It is M1’s job and duty to it’s fighters to negotiate better contracts for it’s fighters. That is what they do. Don’t hate something for doing what it is supposed to do.
    Now it seems they may have come to an agreement and Fedor may be fighting at the end of Jan. So as a fan your gripes are unfounded. If you were Cocker and had to fork out more money or better conditions for Fedor’s services I could see why you may be upset or resentful of M1 but you are far from being a fan of SF or Cocker. So if M1’s ability to negotiate bothers you, you shouldn’t blame M1 you should blame the fans for wanting to see Fedor fight because if the fans don’t want to see him fight and Fedor isn’t worth it, SF just tells him and M1 to f#ck off and there is no negotiation.

“Just for starters.”

and what else. So far we have, negotiating a better contract for their fighter. (WHAT SCUM!) and …

• mu_shin says:

Part of what we all learned from the Werdum/Fedor fight is that there is no such thing as a “sure thing” in MMA. While I agree with everyone else that Emelianenko will more than likely dominate Bigfoot Silva, as a fan and as someone who generally follows the sport, I’m not so quick to immediately downplay or criticize a matchup like this one, as it could turn out to be a very competitive fight, or if nothing else, at least an entertaining opportunity to see one of my favorite fighters in action.

• Sykotick says:

MMA Logic

I will use your own phrase against you
    “what has M-1 done?”

Exactly, what have they done but demand money from bigger cooperations?

The answer? Nothing they have Fedor and use him as a negotiations tool. What happened when he lost? Did you hear that they closed down some main office then they didn’t, then they did then didn’t? That was news for a while. The headlines were “M-1 closed head office amidst Fedor loss in panic”. With out Fedor they are nothing. They leech off of bigger companies, so if you think they had nothing to do with Bosog and Affliction closing do us a favor and take a heaping dose of logic and comment in the morning. That company does nothing but say “Fedor is with is” and take a part of the profit PLUSE the money that Fedor makes from the fight cuz he is (after all) a share holder in the company, and for what? For holding Fedor’s contract? Yeah he didn’t sign with the UFC and its a good thing, personally I would hold a guy under my stable if I had to pay him AND his company, which is going to pay him for fighting AND him again cuz he owns part of the company. I’d pay him for fighting but to pay him twice is assinine from a business stand point.

Tell me, if you owned a business and a worker got hurt, you’d pay for him to get better right? Well what if the insurance asked you to pay them just cuz he is with them? A LOGICAL answer would be no. Now what of they said pay us so we can pay him cuz he is a share holder plus pay to heal him up.

Come on now, from ANY stand point, that is shady as hell.

I don’t have a problem with Fedor, I have a problem with M-1 wanting something for absolutely NOTHING.

• qat says:

mma-logic,
    i don’t think every management tries to re-negotiate _permanently_.
    imagine you are a promotion with lets say 150 fighters, and everyone always re-negotiates. how much work can you get done? how much staff you need to hire to negotiate? wouldn’t that be expensive as fuck and in the end lower the fighter salaries?

and as a business partner, and m1 wants to be just that with sf, i would be extremely bothered with that, too. because that shows me, that they make a contract first just to be in business with you, and once they get a foot in the door, they immediately try to press me every fucking day.
    and it does not exactly help strikeforce to hear in the media about that all the time, it just adds pressure.
    to me it seems like they dont respect the contracts they made, or rather they dont respect their business partner. you just dont do that in business, not everything that is legal in business should be done, because reputation is important.

well as long as they can use fedor and his fans craving for his next fight as leverage, m1 will be ok, im sure about that. after that.. we will see.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

“I don’t have a problem with Fedor, I have a problem with M-1 wanting something for absolutely NOTHING”
    SF does not have to agree. It is a 2 way street. If SF agrees what does that tell you? to me it says both parties are happy and have something to gain from the agreement. Neither is being forced. Honestly you guys are funny. Poor SF. You guys act as if M1 is super powerful and SF has no power. SF can tell M1 to get back on the plane and fuck off any time they want. True?. So don’t attack M1 for trying to get more money for Fedor or co-pro. If it is unreasonable, SF can refuse. Understand?. It is not complicated. SF does not have to agree if they don’t want to.
    Sykotic, M1 had nothing whatsoever to do with Bodog’s failure. Nothing at all. Bodog failed because of TV deals and other factors. You are also blaming M1 for reporters mistakes or rumors. How is the headline or rumor “M-1 closed head office amidst Fedor loss in panic” M1’s fault?. There was no panic from M1, just restructuring. Whether it was to do with Fedor’s loss or not, who knows and what does it matter?. M1 can do whatever they want and react to a situation any way they want as far as I am concerned. What is your problem with that?. No doubt Fedor’s loss meant a lot to M1.
    If M1 and Fedor are asking for something they are not worth and SF (or anyone) agrees that is not M1’s fault and you know it. You guys know the definition of negotiations right?.

qat.
    Not all managers try to renegotiate all the time. That is because they either can’t (like in UFC contracts that mean Carwin gets 40,000 for a title fight for example) or they are happy with what they have. Having said that, if you have a manager that does not try to get the best deal for you at every opportunity possible, it is time to get a new manager because that is what you pay them for.

• qat says:

M1 is powerful in this occasion. have you ever thought about what happens if strikeforce does not agree?

as far as i know, sf does not do exclusive contracts, so fedor could fight anywhere. on top of that i think (not sure though) that the fights in the contract are not dated. so what is keeping M1 from saying: “well either you give me my new conditions, or fedor will have his next 2 fights for strikeforce in 10 years”.

it would be a problem in the ufc, because fedor needs to fight to earn money, but right now he could fight in dream, do sambo or any other stuff.
    just look at overeem and how often he fights for strikeforce..

if you are a ruthless management, and if you have “the holy grail” of fighters, namely fedor, in your pocket, i think you can squeeze quite much out of strikeforce.

of course as you said sf could say any time: fuck that, negotiations are over. but if the fights are not dated, how does that help them if fedor simply does not fight his next fight anytime soon?

correct me if i you know for a fact that the fights are dated or that the contract is exclusive. but i think this scenario is not that unrealistic..
    sf has previously shown that they lack power in making fighters actually fight the fights that sf wants.

• qat says:

just a little addition:
    overeem was already reported to fight for the dream heavyweight-title soon. now imagine dream announces overeem vs. fedor. that would be a true disaster for strikeforce, wouldnt it?

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Sorry to triple post but people like sykotik annoy me. RESEARCH the reasons why Bodog and Affliction folded. Don’t just make stuff up. M1 global had nothing to do with those companies folding. It bothers me that people like you (there are many like you) just make facts up to support bias. How could M1 cause those companies to fold? M1 does not force anything upon anyone. It asks for a price and if you don’t like it you don’t take it. Is that wrong?.
    How people like you can just believe something without any evidence or factual back up puzzles me.
    Fedor lost his last fight so implying that M1 has all the leverage is false. M1 is negotiating because of the nature of the contracts signed between SF and M1. ALL managers/promotions would do the same if they could.
    I love the way people use my name as if I am NOT logical, I am in the sense that faith or blind belief is nearly impossible for me. I react to evidence. For example, I can not say that the UFC HWs are better because their is no evidence for that . It seems a lot of you don’t need any evidence. Good luck with that.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Sorry qat but who’s fault is the contract? SF signed it too. They both agreed.
    As far as I know he can not fight in the US for any other promotion until he finishes his contract with SF. Otherwise there was no contract to begin with qat. I mean a contract where you don’t have to fight for them is not a contract, am I right?.
    I am not aware of any dates but I think I am right in saying in the US he can only fight for SF until his contract is up.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

I am going to try and make this my last post.
    This is just another thread in which people 1) try and say SF and it’s co-pro partners have a weak HW division and Fedor has no opposition outside of the UFC. 2) people try and demonise M1 for simply doing biz the best it can for it’s fighters and it’s investors like all companies and managers do.
    All I see is Fedor fighting Arlovski, Sylvia, Werdum, Rogers and possibly BigFoot, Barnett and Overeem.
    I don’t give a f#ck that M1 is playing hard ball. Besides the fact that they refuse to sign a contract that does not benefit them ( a UFC exclusive contract) M1’s dealings do not mean a thing to me. Co-pro is fantastic as far as I am concerned and if Fedor fights in Dream against Overeem that would be fantastic too. I don’t care about un-unified belts from SF, UFC, Dream or whatever. I just want to see the best fight. BigFoot is a threat and is top 10 and the fight may happen next month. GREAT!. Next time you complain about M1 being hard to negotiate with or try and blame them for putting org’s out of biz., take a look at the UFC who does no negotiating with anyone, does not co-pro and puts rivals out of biz as fast as possible.

• Niv says:

MMA-LOGIC, thanks for the posts, I couldn’t agree more with you. Far too much bias here solely blaming M1 without any consideration of all factors.

Nobody has to agree to a contract if they don’t like it, isn’t that why M1 and the UFC haven’t signed with each other?

If Fedor fights Overeem in Japan I couldn’t care less either, other than the fact we’d be seeing a fight that everyone would want to watch. Quite possibly the two best HW’s in the world there.

Anyhow, just my two cents that I am totally on board with your points.

• BigDave says:

I could care less about M-1 or SF or UFC or any other organization. I want to see good fights period. This fight holds no interest at all to anyone other then Fedor nuthuggers. Fedor Is a has been and the sooner people figure this out the sooner we can worry about seeing good fighters not past there prime fighters taking on lesser competition. It would not shock me in the least if Fedor loses this fight I’m actually hoping he does.

Strikefarce is on it’s last legs and will not be around a year from now because Scott Coker is a mental midget that does not force his fighters to actually fight. Fedor fights once a year there HW champ Overeem seem to fight every few months for other organizations while saying he will fight maybe in april, may, or june. That is no way to run a organization and I think it’s far to late to right the strikefarce ship. A fedor loss will officially be the end of SF.

• TerribleT says:

and when Fedor wins I suppose we’ll be waiting another 9-12 months for him to fight again . . . .C’mon we want Fedor vs. Allistair or at least Fedor / Werdum II, WTF?!

• MMA-LOGIC says:

O.K. Dave you are 1 of those guys that says Arlovski coming off a 5 fight win streak with wins over Werdum, Nelson, Rothwell and being ranked no.2 in the world was past his prime or Sylvia who is still 28-6 now, had the UFC title 2 fights previous, who was ranked in the top 5 in the world and who had only ever lost to former or current world no.1s was past his prime.
    Also you are saying that BigFoot is a no hoper with a record of 15-2 and HW championship belts in Elite, Cage Rage and Cage warriors.
    Fedor is a has been with a record of 9-1 from his last 10 which included at least 5 top 10s and he is no.2 in the world, WTF?. He is fighting every 7 months too which is not ideal but considering Barnetts drug bust, Couture’s inability to fight him and constant negotiations it is OK when it is more than a lot of other top fighters. Dave are you basing your opinion on anything?.
    No, Silva is a threat and this fight should interest anyone who likes to see 2 top10 fighters fight. This fight is not interesting to anyone who is a hater or a UFC nuthugger.
    If Fedor loses then SF has the 2 fighters that beat Fedor. I can’t see that as a bad thing for SF at all.

• BigDave says:

Face fact logic, Fedor is not top 5 in the HW ranks. Brett rogers is a mid level fighter at best and just recently got a boring win over a guy who is 19-19 and not even in strikefarce anymore. Tim Silvia has not made weight at HW since the Fedor fight and isnt going to ever be relevant again. Arlovski has lost 3 in a row. hong man choi is 2-3 as a mma fighter,matt lindland is a 185 fighter that is 2-4 in his last six fights. Mark hunt is 5-7 as a MMA fighter, Mark Coleman was an over the hill 40 years old and 3-4 since fighting Fedor,Wagner da Conceicao Martins have you heard of this guy? Well he is a world beater with a 8-7 record. Then we finally get to a fight against a legit opponent August 28, 2005 against Mirko Crocop.

So please just cause you have a man crush on the guy don’t try to make a case for his relevance in the top of the HW division because he just isn’t a top 5 fighter and if this fight happens and he loses he won’t even be top 10 anymore.

• Sykotick says:

BigDave,
    Finally someone else sees this too, I am a Fedor fan, I’m just tired of seeing him in these fights with people who don’t deserve to fight him. Bigfoot almost ate it against a 205er on short notice! Couldn’t KO Arlovski who IMO has great boxing but a glass chin and lost to Werdum, before the Werdum loss Fedor fought Rodgers whose sole claim to fame was his win over AA who I already said has a glass chin!
    And while we are at it let’s talk about Andrei, his win streak has the win over rothwell, who cares about big Ben? And the Roy Nelson fight was COMPLETE BS! Did anyone watch that fight?! Nelson has AA in side control and was stood up! Who does that?! That’s right, Elite XC, the same company that was investigated for bribing their fighters to stand and bang.

During his run with pride I had no issues saying Fedor was the best but his refusal to fight the best makes me question that.

Here it comes “he tried to fight Couture but the UFC refused!”
    That’s like King Month calling out Rampage when there is no chance of fighting him. Hell I’ll go in record right now and say I’ll beat Fedor down and win, and I can say it with confidence cuz I know it will never happen unless I sign to fight him. “so then what’s the point of saying it!?” exactly. Fedor knew the UFC wasn’t going to let it happen so why not say it. Now I’m not saying Couture would have won but none of us will ever know cuz the fight is never going to happen.

Hey I got an idea let me find a fighter who kicks all sorts of ass and throw him in the ring with a bunch of cans so he beats them all and ends up with a 30-0 record! Does that make him the best? No cuz he didn’t fight people of notion much like Fedor has done recently and Overeem has done since becoming a heavyweight.

• Sykotick says:

King MO** stupid phone

Dave Dave Dave.
    Answer this.
    Was Arlovski no.2 in the world coming off victories over Nelson, Rothwell and Werdum?
    Was Sylvia no.5 in th world?
    Have you got it wrong with Zuuzlinho who is now 19-6 with Fedor being his first loss when he was 16-0?
    Was Rogers considered top 10 and still top 15.
    Is Fedor rated by most people in the know as 1 of the very best and still top 3 by 99.9% of all rankings?
    Now tell me are you facing those facts?.
    How ’bout Leites, Lutter, Cote, Irvin and Maia lying on his back for 5 rds. Does that sound like a good bunch of opponents considering 4 of them have been dropped by the UFC since. How about Dos Santos and the fact he has never faced a top 10 and only 1 top 20 who was a shadow of his former self ( Nelson is possibly a top 20 but I doubt you will think so because he was Arlovski’s last victory, having never ever beaten a top 20 and is 3-2 from his last 5) or Carwin having only 1 victory over a top 10 and only 1 other victory over a top 20 who has now been dropped by the UFC. How about Lesnar with a victory over an over the hill has been with a record of around 19-10 and a victory over 2 other top 10s. Fedor has faced more top comp than any of those guys. In fact he has faced more top 10 fighters in the last few years than all of them put together. Frank Mir is just fantastic at 6-4 from his last 10 including a victory over a guy in his 2nd MMA fight, Vera, Kongo Chistison and Hardonk. But I’m sure that you are right and Sylvia being 300 pounds means he is done. I wonder if that same logic applies to Lesnar and Carwin when they weighed 300. Sylvia is still winning and has still only ever lost to fighters that have been ranked no.1 or 2 (at some time in their careers) in the world except for his flash KO to Mercer.
    Fedor faced Wagner Martins at 16-0, Crocop when he was no.2, Arlovski at no.2, Sylvia at no.5, Nog at no.1, Hunt when he was borderline top 10, Werdum at no.8 (approx), Rogers at no. 6 (approx), BigFoot will be at no.9 (Approx), Coleman the first time was top 10 (top 5 even) and he tried to fight Couture at no.2, Barnett at no.2 and Overeem when he was top 10. So how do you like those apples?.
    But you are right, after all his first real loss on the ground to a BJJ world champ means he is past it.WTF?!. It is a good thing GSP, Anderson Silva, Shogun Rua, Jose Aldo and Franky Edgar have never lost.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Sorry Nelson is 2-3 I think.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

By the way Sykotik. Couture left the UFC saying he wanted to fight Fedor and had the intention of doing just that. He tried and Fedor accepted the challenge, the UFC however took Couture to court and prevented it from happening. Couture having no option returned to the UFC to be Destroyed by Lesnar. So yeah the UFC prevented it from taking place. What are YOU talking about?. You say Fedor knew it wasn’t going to happen. Well Randy didn’t. So perhaps Fedor had a premonition. Fedor has issued challenges to the UFC but the UFC does not allow it’s fighters to fight Fedor and you see this as Fedor refusing to fight the best. Well for 1 how can we know UFC fighters are the best when they do not fight out of the UFC and for 2 Fedor wants to fight them and has issued challenges but will not sign the UFC contract. So who is refusing to fight who?.
    Get some perspective dude.

• Sykotick says:

I need perspective?
    Why would Fedor say he wants to fight the best in the UFC knowing he isn’t going to sign with them cuz of M-1 and knows the UFC doesn’t co promote? Why bother opening your mouth about someone you are never going to get the chance punch in the mouth? Just like YOU said about Miller v Diaz, if Miller is calling out Diaz he needs to suck it up and cut the weight. If Fedor is going to be calling out the best in the UFC he needs to suck it up, sign up and step in to the octagon.

THAT Mr Logic, is perspective! You whined about diaz being villified for wanting miller to cut the weight after miller called him out (which I still don’t agree with) but now after Fedor called out the UFC heavys and they said sign and he refused its different, get some perspective bro. This isn’t rocket science, its simple.

• MCM says:

MMALOGIC, you also can’t call Couture the #2 HW when Fedor wants to fight him and then say he’s a washed up has been in his very next fight against Lesnar. That’s not logical.

• Niv says:

I’m going to weigh in on this briefly because this issue has no end to it. MCM I agree saying Couture was washed up when he fought Brock is unfair, but the fact that he hadn’t fought in over a year and was then in his mid 40’s is a huge factor. Fedor has been criticized for fighting Matt Lindland yet the size difference between Lindland and Fedor is nothing compared to that between Couture and Lesnar.

Everyone wants to always find a way to discredit Fedor’s fights, but almost every fighter that was pitted against Fedor had gone into their fight with a winning record. The real amazing stat in my books is what those fighters records became after fighting Fedor. The vast majority of fighters went on major losing skids as if though their wills were broken fighting this guy. All you have to do is look their records up and you’ll see it for yourself. Only a couple of fighters maintained steady wins after, Big Nog being one, and Cro Cop the other.

I also laugh at the non stop complaints about title fights being awarded after a loss in SF, yet everybody turns a blind eye to Couture being given a HW title shot right after being ko’d at LHW against Chuck Lidell. We can pick everybody’s records and stats apart if we try hard enough, I just wished there was nore balance to these issues myself.

Anyhow it really doesn’t matter, the UFC will never ditch the champion clause, I doubt they’ll ever ditch the likeness rights issue and I doubt M1 will ever let the co-promotion part go away (the UFC will never co promote) so in the end we’re not going to see what we want.

Too bad everyone just wants to blame one side only for this, too bad because there’s so many great fights we won’t see, that’s life.

My god Sykotik.
    Fedor gets no benefit from signing with the UFC. He gets massively restricted, his company M1 loses his services, he would probably be worse off as far as money goes and he would not be able to negotiate or fight in Russia Japan, for any other organisation or against any fighter outside of the UFC. Why would he sign?. Dana White was insulting him and he replied by saying well I wanted to fight couture and I’m open to co-pro so let me fight your champions.There was no hypocrisy with my statements about Miller vs Diaz. Miller called out Diaz (Dana called out Fedor by insulting him saying he wouldn’t sign and he sucked bla bla) and Diaz (like Fedor) offered a compromise of a catch weight (Fedor offered co-pro or pretty much anything but signing an exclusive contract) and Miller said no (Dana said no) you have to come to my weight (you have to sign with the UFC). So in both cases The guy calling out the other with insults etc refused the compromise, asking instead for an option that benefited themselves entirely. So both Dana and Miller were in the wrong in my opinion but both did have reasons no matter how self serving they were.
    I don’t think Randy was a has been or Brock was like any 2nd MMA fight noob but you in your infinite wisdom were saying that Fedor by fighting Arlovski, Rogers, Sylvia, Werdum, BigFoot etc was fighting “cans” and I was using your way of thinking to explain how stupid you were being by showing you that the UFC HWs are no better in terms of opponents but in fact were worse.
    The UFC will not allow it’s fighters to fight out of the UFC and I can see why. They market them big time to people like you and you get brainwashed into thinking “UFC is best, must love UFC” and that, I hate to say, is worth gold.
    You say he needs to fight UFC fighters, well UFC fighters need to fight non-UFC fighters too to show their superiority but can’t. So all you are doing by saying UFC fighters are better is showing faith in them. Faith is belief without evidence and something I do not do (if I can help it). How can you say Dos Santos and Valasquez are better than Overeem and Fedor? or Nog and Carwin are better than Cormier and Barnett?. You can’t know and don’t know.

• MCM says:

MMALOGIC says:
    “……How about Lesnar with a victory over an over the hill has been with a record of around 19-10……”
    and
    “I don’t think Randy was a has been….”
    Which is it.

Just because they are not in the UFC doesn’t make them great either. The only way anyone can tell how good a fighter is, is by looking at their W/L record and their opponents.
    Arlovski did well in the UFC when it’s HW division held hardly any top quality fighters. Since leaving he’s gone 2-3 with one of those wins having an * do to extremely poor reffing.
    Rogers has one decent win on his record and should never have been put into the cage with a top 5 fighter much less the arguable #1 HW fighter.
    Dos Santos on the other hand, whom you say has never faced a top 10, has wins over Werdum and Cro Cop and top 20 fighter Roy Nelson.
    Cain has wins over top established fighters Big Nog and Ben Rothwell.
    It is also not just some fans that think Overeem is overrated, but most of his piers do as well.

It’s easy to twist stats to make them fit what you want them too. We think Big Nog and Cro Cop are passed their prime and that’s why they’re not doing so well in the UFC, but it could just as easily be said that they were never that great and can’t hang with real and That’s why their not doing so well in the UFC.
    There are great fighters that don’t fight for the UFC, (and in Strikeforce, Bigfoot v Fedor makes perfect sense to me.), but your continued refusal to recognize the quality of fighter currently residing in the UFC’s HW division is nothing more than blind prejudice against all things Zuffa.

• MCM says:

“…with real Fighters….”

I wish there was a way to edit these posts.

• Sykotick says:

Velasquez: win over rothwell, a guy you mentioned so he must be worth while. A win over Big Nog, who was top ten at the time, AND he stopped him something a lot of people couldn’t do (not mentioning names). Smashed Lesnar who has wins over Mir (top tener) Couture (top tener) Herring (top 15er) and Carwin (top 10er).

Dos Santos wins over Werdum, Nelson, and Gonzaga.

Carwin wins over Mir and Gonzaga and how many straight 1st round stoppages?.

And before you trip out on what Fedor has accomplished, they’ve done that in recent memory, not 5 years ago.
    And as for Dana calling out Fedor, of course that’s going to happen, he is a promoter, he isn’t a fighter that’s like a dude on the street talking smack to him, now if a fighter starts bashing him then they should square up. HE is calling out fighters there for by YOUR logic he should pony up and fight em.
    “he tried to fight Couture!”
    And it didn’t work like most of us thought was going to happen, and NOW knowing what he does about the UFC not co promoting he needs to either sign and fight or sit back and shut up, just like you think about miller

• MMA-LOGIC says:

“Just because they are not in the UFC doesn’t make them great either”
    Now you are getting it. Wahoooooo! you have seen the light.
    Arlovski beat Rothwell too MCM and I did not mention Valasquez at all. Werdum was not top 10 when Dos Santos beat him but carry on. I’m sure that if they had not been stood up Nelson would have won .. actually no I’m not and he did lose via TKO I believe. Nelson is top 20 in a few polls but at 2-3 with no wins over top 20 fighters I can’t see why but I did say he may well be if you bothered to read it correctly. Crocop was a top 20 at the time so no worries there but keep going. Oh so what you were saying is … I got it right?. Well i do most of the time. When I say top 10 I mean top 10 at the time of the fight not now or before unless I say so, get it?. Who is twisting what? the only reason I went on that rant was about the UFC fighters is to show you how it CAN be twisted just as easily the other direction. I really rate Dos Santos and Valasquez but would like to see them fight more top talent both in and out of the UFC.
    If you bothered to read my last post properly I said that I didn’t really think Couture was over the hill or Lesnar was just a 2nd fight noob but was demonstrating how easy it is to discredit fighters like you and extremely sykotik were with Arlovvski (who was ranked no.2 in the world for fucks sake) and Rogers etc. Sykotik even said they were cans even though they WERE ranked top 5 or top 10 by nearly all polls at the time. So you can see how dumb it is.
    As for you sykotik I can’t remember saying anything about Valasquez here but … carry on.
    Dos Santos’s wins over Gonzaga and Nelson were when Gonzaga was top 20 and Nelson top 20 on perhaps 50% of polls as I MENTIONED But do go on. In Fedors last 5 fights he has faced Werdum a borderline top 10er at worst and around 7 at best, Rogers a top 10er, Sylvia a top 5 er and Arlovski a top 2er. So if you want to talk recent I’m O.K. with that buddy. By the way don’t blame me for rankings, they are what they are. I don’t make them and neither does Fedor or M1.
    Like I said about Fedor that you can’t seem to grasp, he has said to Mr White ‘let me fight your champs” after White called him out. So how do you get that he needs to sign a contract that doesn’t benefit him and that he really doesn’t want to sign. Did you read my last post? I explained it there. Both Miller and White called somebody out and then refused to compromise in order for it to happen. They both refused reasonable offers in order to get a self serving result. How is that either Fedors or Diaz’s fault. I could say White needs to prove himself by showing the world his fighters are the best, something that Fedor has never claimed, in fact he has denied. Fedor replied to Mr White that he was open to the challenge but Mr White said no. Just like Diaz replied and Miller said no.
    Look the facts ARE the facts, Arlovski was no.2 Dos Santos Has never faced a guy ranked in the top 10 etc etc. I am not making it up. Nelson did lose although the stand up during the fight was wrong. Sylvia was top 5 on most polls and was absolutely destroying Nog before he got caught in the choke the fight before. I am sorry that I confused you by saying that about the UFC HWs but if you bother to look at the post where I say you can not say 1 is better than the other (UFC or non-UFC) you will see my true feelings on the matter. I was just showing you (or trying to) how dumb you really were being by trying to discredit every single thing Fedor has done. Lesnar is the ONLY HW that can claim to have fought near the level of opponents that Fedor has in the last few years (maybe Nog too), according to rankings, none of the others come close. So you can say that Arlovski sucks but it is not UFC fighters he is losing to and you can say Sylvia sucks but he has beaten his last 4 I believe and has only ever lost to 1 guy who was not a top 5er. You attack Fedor and I try to show you how stupid you are being but get side tracked on the way. Truth is that Fedor is one of the best ever and not many people who know what they are talking about will disagree.

• Sykotick says:

On that point Mr Logic I agree, Fedor IS the best heavyweight to have walked this earth, and but enough of the agreeing stuff, cuz arguing is more fun.

Arlovski was ranked 2 with wins over Cabbage, Buentello, Eilers, Matyushenko(sp), doesn’t look very impressive does it? Just sayin