twitter google

Gabe Gonzaga expected for June event in Las Vegas

After stating his focus was going to be on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu rather than Mixed Martial Arts after losing three of four in the UFC, then being pink-slipped by the promotion, it looks like former heavyweight title contender Gabriel Gonzaga has changed his mind and will be returning to the cage after all.

According to a report on MMAJunkie, “Napao” will fight Josh Burns at “MMAX: Heavyweight Xplosion” on June 25 in Las Vegas.

Burns was last seen in an exciting brawl with Eric Prindle last month at Bellator 40 where the two behemoths battled until a ringside physician called for the stoppage due to a cut above Burns’ eye. He holds an overall record of 6-4 with three TKOs and one submission to his credit.

The upcoming match-up will mark the first for Gonzaga since being outpointed by Brendan Schaub at UFC 121 this past October. Though certainly talented on the mat the 11-6 Brazilian is also known for rendering opponents defenseless with his striking including a highly memorable knockout of Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic at UFC 70. All eleven of his victories have been the result of a finishing performance.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC/FACEBOOK

2 COMMENTS
  • Rece Rock says:

    A paycheck and an easy W whats there to think about…

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 3 Thumb down 0

  • GIKE MOLDBERG says:

    I thought he was retired-oh well-maybe his jujitsu will pull him through

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 1

LEAVE A COMMENT!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Follow 5OZ