Brock Lesnar says he’s healthy and ready to regain the title

Not only is the octagon headed to Fox, but Brock Lesnar is headed back to the octagon. Out of action since last October, earlier today Lesnar posted a video on YouTube saying, “I feel like a new man. I feel great…healthy, strong – I feel like I used to feel.”

After coaching on The Ultimate Fighter 13 and scheduled to fight Junior dos Santos in June in a #1 contenders bout, Lesnar was forced out of the fight after his diverticulitis, which kept him out of action from July 2009 to July 2010, returned. The former UFC heavyweight champion underwent surgery earlier this year and had a foot of his colon removed as part of the process.

Never lacking in the confidence department, Lesnar believes the belt will be back around his waist, saying, “Right now, one day at a time for me. My future, I believe there’s still a bright future in the UFC for me. I want to become the UFC heavyweight champion again, and I believe I will do that.”

Lesnar lost the title to current champion Cain Velasquez back at UFC 121, suffering a first round TKO loss. While no date has been given for Lesnar’s return, it’s widely believed that the NCAA wrestling champion will step foot in the cage again in early 2012 at the latest.

*PHOTO CREDIT – UFC*

• Creature says:

I heard somewhere that there trying to book Alistair vs Lesnar for lesnars return.. that would be an interesting fight

• Lord Faust says:

I wonder how big he will be when he comes back, given the changes he has likely had to make to his diet, as well as the lay-off. I’m hoping he’s more comfortable taking strikes, too, as I think that is definitely his biggest weakness at this stage in his development. With his wrestling base, once he’s truly comfortable on the feet, he’s going to be a nightmare.

• Angry Mike says:

I assume Lesnar will have to fight Junior. And Junior will beat him like a drum. Just like he did Carwin.

• Lord Faust says:

That’s the easiest way I can think of, to answer my question about the striking.

• THEGUNNER says:

I think brock lesner in fun to watch and if he fight overreem he stand a chance of ground and pounding him out like he did mir.

• THEGUNNER says:

Id like to see brock vs mir III

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Weak-Sauce. Thumb up 1 Thumb down 12

• I dont think Brock will destroy Overeem, I think he can beat him because if The Reem was hesitant with Werdum throwin shots at him, he’ll be even more hesitant to get hit with them lunchboxes on brocks arms and then subsequently get taken down.

• Lord Faust says:

If Overeem had to carry Brock’s weight for more than a minute, I guarantee he’d be sucking wind so bad the first two rows would be passing out from oxygen deprivation.

• Kamakosmo says:

“Brock vs. Mir is a no brainer-Lesnar won both of those matches easily in my opinion”

Gike, how can say this??? How exactly, in your opinion, did he easily win that first fight?

My guess…
    Brock fights Mir in January… Overeem fights on the October Golden Glory card… The meet each other for the fourth of july weekend card…guess we will have to wait and see.

If you get a chance check out the video of Lesner blasting Prairie Dogs with high caliber rifles, PETA shed many tears yesterday.

• locoRover says:

Gike I suppose u must consider chael the middleweight champ as well, since he beat Anderson as much as Brock beat Mir their first meeting? Cmon man give a sub it’s due.

And I say this as both a Brock and sonnen fan…

• MMA-LOGIC says:

I hope he has to fight and win more than 1 fight to get a title shot. The first time it was a loss against a guy coming off 2&2 and then a win against a guy who was coming off 4&4 to get a title shot against a guy who was coming off 6&5 or 2&2 at HW. The UFC needs to keep the champ legit. They are rich enough as it is, so keep the process of earning a shot fair and logical.
    I think Overeem vs Lesnar would be good but would prefer Overeem get a fight against Mir or Schaub first.

• edub says:

Why is Mir more deserving than Lesnar? WIns against an aging CroCop, and a guy that got beat up by JDS a fight prior?

Money is money, but if Lesnar beats Overeem he is deserving of a shot at the title.

Schaub has to worry about Nogueira before anything else.

• Guthookd says:

Lesnar vs. who-the-fuck-knows for the first Fox card, you can damn near guarantee it. Followed by a title shot on the next Fox card, I bet.

I don’t think they’ll give Reem the chance of potentially beating Lesnar on network TV, especially for his last contracted fight, otherwise that would be a fight Dana and co might push for so they could justify cutting Alistair. I’m interested who they can find that fits the bill as both legit and a shoe-in for Brock to destroy. Maybe a Carwin rematch, except he has a decent chance of winning. I can’t wait to find out.