Tito Ortiz vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira added to UFC 140

Light heavyweight icon Tito Ortiz will fight for the third time in less than six months this December 10 when he faces Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at UFC 140 in Toronto. Ortiz is coming off an August loss to Rashad Evans on short notice after tapping out Ryan Bader a month earlier at UFC 132.

The late night nugget of information was announced through the UFC’s website.

Comparably, Nogueira hasn’t stepped foot in the Octagon other than to support his teammates since dropping a decision to Phil Davis in March. He had been scheduled to face Rich Franklin at UFC 133 but was forced out of the bout with an undisclosed injury and has been on a doctor-mandated vacation since then. Nogueira holds an overall record of 19-5 with past victories over Vladimir Matyushenko, Dan Henderson, and Alistair Overeem.

Also interesting is the fact Nogueira’s twin brother, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, will see action later in the evening with it being revealed earlier this week that “Minotauro” would be facing Frank Mir on the same card.

The match-up will mark the first time Ortiz has fought three times in a year, let alone half of one, since 2006. The polarizing former champ is 16-9-1 in his career with highlights featuring Ken Shamrock, Wanderlei Silva, and Vitor Belfort.

Other bouts at UFC 140 include Rich Attonito vs. Claude Patrick and Rory MacDonald vs. Brian Ebersole.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• Brendhan Conlan says:

Shaping up to be a great card thus far, eh?

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

Pretty even match. I would like to see Tito win. His BS gets old sometimes but, he never fails to entertain.

• Guthookd says:

I’m going to go ahead and support Tito for the first time ever. I hoping for a submission….yeah, I said it. Highly unlikely, but it would crack me up.

• adamsfamily says:

Always will root for Tito – the first fight I saw on terrestial televison in the UK in 2004 (ish) was Randy Vs Tito when he spanked him in R5. After watching old videos of the earlier UFC’s it introduced me to the new weight class format. Got me hooked again.

Is it just me or has Lil Nog been given every wrestler that the UFC has after knocking ourt Cain? A hard run.
    I was looking forward to him fighting rich fraklin but I think the winner of this will fight him anyway.

• MCM says:

I’ll be picking Tito in this one same as when it was originally scheduled.
    Lil Nog has been working with a great wrestler in Munoz recently, so I don’t know how good his TD defense is. But if Tito can get him down, he’s got the sub defense to handle anything Nog gives him and the GnP to put him away. If it stays standing, Nog should walk out with the Dec.

I’ll take tito, should be a decent fight, hopefully it’s more exciting then the Davis/lil nog fight.