Michael Bisping thinks Chael Sonnen as top contender is “complete bullsh*t”

Never one to bite his tongue, Michael Bisping recently spoke up about a few things on his mind including rival Ultimate Fighter coach Jason Miller as well as the man “Mayhem” replaced, Chael Sonnen, and didn’t mince his words.

The outspoken Brit blasted both men in a recent conversation with MMAFighting where he assured fans he not only came out shining against Miller as far as team performance went but even when it came to verbal sparring too.

“I definitely get the upper hand throughout the entire season. I’m not (just) talking about the fights, I’m just talking about the one-on-one interaction with Miller,” Bisping replied on the topic. “At the start of the season I thought he was an OK guy. By the end of the season I wanted to kill him. Fortunately, December 3 I’ll have my opportunity.”

The 21-3 middleweight also leveled his aim at Sonnen who will likely earn a title-shot if he beats Brian Stann next month at UFC 136.

“I think it’s complete bulls**t,” Bisping explained when asked about the situation. “Chael Sonnen, who just fought the champ, cheated and took steroids,” before concluding, “I think I am next in line.”

“The Count” has won 1-2-3 straight fights featuring success against Dan Miller, Jorge Rivera, and Yoshihiro Akiyama. He also holds past victories over Denis Kang and Chris Leben.

The Ultimate Fighter Season 14 is set to debut next Wednesday night for the landmark show’s final run on Spike TV. As alluded to by Bisping, the finale will take place on December 3 and feature his match-up with Miller in the main event.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• fanoftna33 says:

Well-Done. Thumb up 12 Thumb down 1

• I would tend to agree fanoftna BUT im sure no one wants to wait another 8 months for the winners of those fights to finally meet the champion. Someone needs to be placed in th front of the line ASAP. The winner of Sonnen and Stann is the most logical choice. Other than his loss to Silva Sonnen has been on a hot streak AND he’s the only one to even offer Silva a real fight in the last 5 years.
    I have no interest in seeing Bisping take on Silva, he’ll get MAULED. Miller though…..thats almost interesting, Mayhem’s tough as they come and game to fight until someone puts him down….if Bisping really out trash talked Mayhem he must’ve been workin harder on that than working on his fight game….bad move.

• THEGUNNER says:

Millers gonna submit bisping in the 1 st rnd.

• Guthookd says:

“Michael Bisping thinks Chael Sonnen as top contender is “complete bullsh*t”

He clearly missed the fight between Sonnen and Silva.

“I would say that the rightful #1 contender is the winner of a fight between the winners of Miller vs Bisping and Sonnen vs Stann.”
    -Fanof

I agree, but I think it would be better to just give them both a shot, one after the other. They need to make Anderson fight more. Fucking guy doesn’t even get hit, but still takes an 8 month break. He needs to headline every 3rd card…lol….maybe he’ll eventually get punched then.

• THEGUNNER says:

I agree make him fight more. If tito can fight once in a month he can fight everyday.

“The Count” has won 1-2-3 straight fights…”

Funny stuff…

Can’t stand Sonnen or Bisping

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

Bisping is a game fighter and he really does give it his all on fight night. That being said Silva would put a beating on him no one would soon forget. If he wants Chael he might want to brush up on his take down defense otherwise it would be a very long night spent trying to get off his back.

• Planterz says:

I think the next title shot should go to the winner of a fight between the winners of Bisping vs Mayhem and Stann vs Sonnen.

In the meantime, have Anderson fight again at LHW. Henderson or Shogun would be my choices.

I hope Mayhem beats Bisping, but frankly I expect Bisping to win by decision.

And even though every fiber of my being hopes Stann can beat Sonnen and shut Chael’s fat gob, unless Stann can get a KO in the first minute or 2, I fully expect Sonnen to win. But god I hope Stann wins. Even though I don’t think Stann would have chance in hell of beating Anderson.

• Dufresne says:

Well, since Anderson has an injured shoulder and won’t be fighting again till early 2012 I say they go with fanoftna33’s idea. There’s no reason not tothat I can think of unless the UFC is trying to keep a backup MW contender. And with all the injuries lately and how thin the top of the MW division is, that might not be the worst idea.

• Early 2012 is only 3 months away thats only enough time for one challenger fight not two

• joe mo mma says:

completely agree fanoftna33… i said the exact same thing on “Grappling with Issues – 8/31/11″ on the topic of if A.Silva should make a run at another division.

• crane_style says:

Next in line, Mike? Pretty sure you have to beat at least one top tier fighter to even smell the belt.

Bisping’s ‘big’ wins are against who? Rivera, Hamill, Dan Miller, Leben, Akiyama and Kang. There are some decent fighters there, but not exactly murders row.

I know fighters have to psyche themselves up, as well as sell themselves, but then we laugh at them when they go to far.

• Angry Mike says:

Wouldn’t it be cool if the finale turned into an episode of Bully Beat Down? Mayhem could bring in Hendo to whoop Bisping’s ass. Again.

• MCM says:

Rampage beat Hamil and got a title shot.
    Stan beat Leben and got a #1 contender shot.

I think Bisping is right at the top of the list. If he beats Miller, who else is there after the Stann/Sonnen winner?
    As much of a Mayhem Monkey as I am, being realistic, I think Bisping beats him….but I’ll be routing for Miller.

• Creature says:

MCM you have a valid point, but Stans win over Leben, he destroyed him, only Silva had ever done that. And Stans last win was Santiago :) who was at the time the sengaku (or however its spelled) champ.

• MCM says:

Maybe that didn’t read right? Stann and Sonnen are fighting for a shot at the title. That’s fine by me.
    But after the winner of that match, who else is next in line? I think Bisping has the most legitimate claim if he beats Mayhem.

• Creature says:

I was just saying he beat Santiago for the number 1 contender shot, but i respectfully disagree with your opinion sir, i think with the way he destroyed Leben and Santiago, if he beats chael thats much more of an accomplishment than Bispings win streak IMO

And i would have to go with Stan having a better chance at Silva than Bisping, The Brit doesnt have the chin to be able to take Silvas shots i think

• JBAR says:

Titles have to be earned and as far as Bisping is concerned I do not see him deserving of the title UFC Champ or Title Contender. Now if it was for the ultimate douchbag title hell yes but he would have to take it from the current title holder Nick Diaz and that would be a battle. :)