Nick Diaz happy for Condit but thinks GSP is a “little b-tch”

A week ago the issue with Nick Diaz was his apprehension to speaking publicly about a main event match-up with welterweight champ Georges St. Pierre. Now it seems the blunt brawler doesn’t know when to shut up.

“The truth is Georges doesn’t want to fight me in the street or in a cage. He knows who I am, and he knows where I came from,” Diaz recently explained in an interview with MMAJunkie. “I don’t have the commitment? I’m younger than him, I have more wins in my career than he does, and I’ve worked harder to get where I am. He knows the truth, and he didn’t say anything and won’t say anything because he doesn’t want to get his ass whipped by me the same way he got his ass whipped by Jake (Shields) – the night we went to the press conference and Georges went to the hospital.”

The harsh criticism was only the tip of the iceberg in terms of the tongue-lashing Diaz gave to his popular peer.

“I really don’t appreciate this motherf—– sitting there at that press conference and laughing at me. That’s some real bitch sh-t. He’s sitting there laughing like it’s funny or something. If I saw Georges on the street and called him a bitch, I bet you he wouldn’t do sh-t. I bet you if I walked up and gave him a slap, I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t do sh-t. But you can’t do that to me. That’s not how it works for me. That’s something to fight about.

“The bottom line is Georges is being a little bitch,” Diaz continued. “He didn’t step up and say anything when the UFC pulled me out of this fight. I understand sometimes you have to do what you’re told, but why wouldn’t you tell the media you still want to fight me? If I was Georges, I would want to fight the best. I would have asked for the Anderson Silva fight. I would have asked to fight the Strikeforce champ. But he sits there like a robot and doesn’t say anything at all, just like he’s not going to say anything about me calling him a bitch now. If I saw B.J. Penn walking down the street and called him a bitch, we would be fighting right there on the spot.”

The blunt brawler spoke a bit more about Penn too, though not without alluding to St. Pierre in the process.

“It’s not like it’s an easy fight for me,” the son of Stockton said of his new opponent at UFC 137. “I’m not like these bitches. I’m not going to hold Penn down the whole time like these guys have done. They held B.J. down because they’re bigger than him and stronger than him. I’m not going to do that. I’m not a little bitch to try and hold somebody down. I’m going to go out there and fight this tricky motherf—– and it could mean a lot of problems for me. It would have been a lot of problems for them, too, if they had fought him like I fight. They would have lost that fight.

However, as negative as Diaz’s statements were regarding “Rush”, he also made it clear he did see a silver lining to the dark cloud cast over the situation.

“I am happy for Carlos (Condit),” the 28-year old Californian explained. “He has a kid and a family. I have don’t have any of that. I gave all that up to fight and be the best. I hope this opportunity helps Carlos and his family.”

The comments come less than a week after Diaz apologized in taped statement for missing “the beauty pageant” , otherwise known as a now-infamous press conference where Condit was named as Diaz’s replacement after the former Strikeforce title-holder didn’t show up to promote the fight to media.

PHOTO CREDIT – STRIKEFORCE

• Nick is going to continue to be the heel his whole career…and it seems to be working for him, Im indifferent to anything the guy says, but Im one of the biggest fans of his fighting style you’ll ever meet. However this interview alone is going to sway alot of people one way or the other.

Well-Done. Thumb up 13 Thumb down 1

• crane_style says:

Yes. GSP is the bitch Who was the one who didn’t show up?

I hope he’s just trying to trash talk his way into another shot at GSP. Otherwise, this is self-justification that borders on paranoia. I was looking forward to seeing this dude in the UFC. I hope he doesn’t screw it up.

And I have some news for you Nick, a guy who messes up a title shot because he couldn’t get his ass to the press conference? There’s a lot more people than GSP laughing at you.

Well-Done. Thumb up 14 Thumb down 1

• Sykotick says:

And people still like this motherfucker?!
    This isn’t being a heel this is him being a bitch.
    He doesn’t show up to the presser, knowing full well that when you do stupid shit like that Dana will be drastic, then when faced with his consequences says “oh even tho its my fault, its GSP’s fault for being a bitch and not telling his bosses what to do and leave me in the fight.
    Bullshit. You have can’t have your hash cookies and eat them too. Either you show up and do your job and what it entails or shut the fuck up and go be a fake shug knight thugs somewhere else.
    FUCK I hate that guy and given the opportunity I would SOOO slap this goofy motherfucker in the face. Sure he would most likely kick my ass, but that wouldn’t stop me.

Well-Done. Thumb up 12 Thumb down 2

• fanoftna33 says:

I love how Diaz compares penn to GSP, and I completly belive he will put on a great fight with Penn either standing or grappling. I am in the same boat as Superdave here as I really am indifferent to what he says here or anywhere about his reasons for missing the presser etc. It is always the same reasons and always somebody else’s fault to Diaz and it is never going to change.

• MCM says:

“I understand sometimes you have to do what you’re told, but why wouldn’t you tell the media you still want to fight me? If I was Georges, I would want to fight the best”
    kinda answered his own question there, didn’t he.

• JabCrossHook says:

Brock missed press conferences, as did Mirko, Dana could’ve fined Nick but instead he screwed the fans over and pulled him from the fight.

I think Nick would put up a much better fight than Condit against GSP. Condit can’t box for shit, GSP is going to be catching with him with jabs and getting TDs as well for 5 rounds straight to another decision.

I’m soo tired of this I just wish BJ would kick his ass already.

• THEGUNNER says:

Nick diaz has no wrestling or power if he beats penn its in rnd 3 if penn gasses. He cant beat gsp in the cage or streets.

• JabCrossHook says:

DIaz has ok power, he hurts people by landing the right on the chin at the right time and then following it up with body shots and hooks to the head when they are against the cage. He puts on a really fast pace that I doubt Penn as much I as I like both fighters will be able to keep up.

The reach advantage will make a big difference too. Diaz did fuck up when it came to the press but I still think that dana overreacted by pulling him from the fight. As soon as a lot of people wanted to return their tickets he put Diaz back on the card.

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

Diaz can’t help himself. He is gonna speak his mind and honestly does not care how it comes across. Love him or hate him I am entertained by athletes who have their hearts on their sleeves.

You can’t really take what Diaz too seriously as it is just stream of consciousness rambling.

Still would rather hear that then the polished” he is a great fighter and I look forward to fighting” crap we hear from far too many people.

• Angry Mike says:

If Nick saw Georges on the street? How does that happen? GSP is a classy, urbane gent. Why in hell would he want to go to a shithole like Stockton? And even if he did, he’d drive a luxury automobile, not walk around talking trash like some homeless nut job.

Well-Done. Thumb up 13 Thumb down 1

• MCM says:

Angry Mike = win.

Well-Done. Thumb up 11 Thumb down 1

• Jabcrosshook Condit cant box? I think Dan Hardy and the 13 other people he’s tko’d would beg to differ….Diaz is a better pure boxer, but I think Carlos has a better chance.

• JabCrossHook says:

If he beat Paul Daley in the stand up I’d give him props, Condit’s hands aren’t better than GSP’s and he’s not nearly as explosive either. He won’t be able to kick because of the threat of the take down which in striking terms his hands have to be very solid. His hands aren’t up to par with what Diaz brings to the table.

He can catch GSP with a solid shot and change the whole fight but the same was said about Kos, Alves, Dan Hardy, and BJ and they all failed horribly.

• Creature says:

I think Condit is so confident of his ground skills off his back, he will throw just as many kicks as usual. And Condit is a much different striker than GSP’s last few opponents, i think he mixes up his strikes much better, and throws some wicked, diverse, combinations. Also Alves and Hardy arent bad off their backs, but there far from great, BJ is good but GSP was just too big, And Kos was just unlucky enough to get “one eyed” very early. None of them really got the chance to catch him.. Condit is very slick and is about 15-20 lbs bigger than BJ. So ill say his chances are much higher than the last few, as long as he doesnt get his eye socket broken ;)

• JabCrossHook says:

Kos didn’t have a chance one eye or two, GSP was catching him with the jab regardless, he was beaten to the punch every time. Kos doesn’t mix it up well and he got caught badly by Thiago making a big mistake by throwing the overhand while looking down… , Dan hardy and BJ Penn were constantly caught in side control and pretty much disabled on the ground against GSP. Alves was the only one who got up to his feet consistently against GSP but wasn’t able to catch him striking regardless, maybe because of the cut slowing him down…maybe if he was on the Dolce diet he would’ve been fast enough to catch GSP. I think he had the best chance of winning…

I just don’t see how Carlos has a better chance than all of them.

• Sykotick says:

Jab, ask Kim if Condit’s flying knee to his face was “explosive” or not. Ask Hardy if that hook that crumbled him wasn’t “explosive”.

SERIOUSLY?!?!

• JabCrossHook says:

Seriously what? That hook wasn’t explosive because he never lept forward, they were both trying to counter each other. By explosive I mean quickly cover distance with strikes, Condit was standing still when he rocked Hardy. Not to mention Hardy caught him as well but his technique was just off, he needed to shorten the hook to generate more power.

Kim I’ll give you that but Kim mostly grapples with people and isn’t really known for his striking…

• qat says:

@JabCrossHook
    yeah other people missed pressers, but they didnt missed two in a row while beeing unreachable and without any explanation or apology. thats bullshit. when your boss needs you and you know it, its a difference if you call to say you cant make it, and your boss is angry and maybe fining you for that, or if your boss doesnt know anything and has to take his time phoning after your ass and worrying the whole day(s). im surprised diaz even got such a great opportunity to fight penn now. as some other fighter (forgot who) put it: what kind of message sends that to the fighters that try to make all the right things?

• hindsightufuk says:

i think a lot of people need to understand this guy cleary has behavioral issues and not just outright dumping on him. Guarentee if he didnt have fighting for a living he would be up to his eyes on meds and in and out institutions his whole life. He reminds me of a lot of kids i used to work with with learning/behavioral problems and i really feel for him. he fucked up and its his fault for sure, no else is to blame, but i hate to see people like this treated like dumbasses because people dont understand what is going through their heads.

I disagree hindsightufuk i believe that he does have some anxieties and social stressors BUT if he has the mental capacity and motivation to train and compete at a high level in Triathalons and professional mixed martial arts then he has the mental capcacity to know what are his tasks and standards for his employement and above all he can understand whats right and wrong or even what the consequences will be. With out a doubt there is a screw loose there but I think his enablers and handlers have handled him with kid gloves for so long he has grown acustomed to doing what he wants when he wants with very minor reprecusions… and that can only be catorgorized as immaturity.

• Angry Mike says:

Years ago I worked with kids with severe autism and behavioral disorders. One of the most effective ways to help change their behavior was with a token economy in which they were given tokens for good behaviors and lost them for bad ones. Once they accumulated enough tokens, they could exchange them for a toy or a trinket. Believe me, even though they had severe problems, they understood the concept, and it was very effective. Diaz may not be more mature than those kids, but he’s certainly more functional. Take away enough tokens for his bad behavior and he’ll get the message. And if he won’t, well, see ya later. Everybody runs out of chances sooner or later.

• kanienkeha009 says:

If Diaz walked up and slapped George, as he stated, GSP probably wouldn’t do anything. But GSP would be the bigger man for not reacting. Its requires far more discipline to not react to something like that. Discipline that Diaz lacks, as shown by him missing “the beauty pageant”

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

No kissing anyone’s ass over here-that being said-Nick-don’t start calling that boring ass Canadian a bitch or pussy-He showed up to all of his contractual obligations on time with no complaints-I wanted you to beat him into quitting so bad like the majority of us Nor Cal heads-Your reasoning let us down-You will never be called a coward from my camp-But damn- you didn’t state our case too well…