The Pick ‘Em Showdown – 5 OZ vs. Fightlinker Fallout

Astute readers and avid followers may have picked up on this past weekend’s bet between Five Ounces of Pain and Fightlinker, our brothers from the Rebellion Media mother, involving UFC 135 picks.

Now that the event has come and gone the points have been tallied up and the punishment for losing “The Pick ‘Em Showdown” has been dished out. Though a valiant battle, in the end it was Fightlinker who emerged with the brass ring and 5 OZ’s Jeremy Lambert who walked away with a glass bottle.

Though Fightlinker nearly ran away with the contest based on a plethora of pick-based pushes and their decision to select Nate Diaz over Takanori Gomi, Mark Hunt’s upset outing over Ben Rothwell evened the score up late bringing things down to the evening’s title tilt. The crucial moment in the match-up came with Fightlinker’s pick of Jon Jones submitting Quinton “Rampage” Jackson rather than stopping him with strikes. As a result of the manner of his success rather than the actual performance itself, the orange-and-black took the prize in a photo-finish win.

Five Ounces of Pain would like to point out that a freshly released 5 OZ writer who was recently seen at a club with Fightlinker’s editor was rumored to be texting with Jones moments before the champ headed to the Octagon to defend his belt. Clearly, some sort of impropriety has occurred and we’ll say it – there was a spy in our camp. As such, the bet has been called off and Jeremy will not have to pour a beer on his head as a result of losing.

In retrospect, we probably should have told him that before writing this post. Oops?

Gotta respect a man of his word… Funny clip Lambert at least you had fun with it… Nice strikeforce T.

• THEGUNNER says:

I would have liked to see him pop the top off the beer first so I dont think its water in a bud light bottle

• Brendhan Conlan says:

Even if it was, is there really that much of a difference between water and Bud Light anyways?

• soundspawn says:

Yes, Bud Light burns infidels on contact, water is harmless. Now we don’t know if he’s an infidel =P

• THEGUNNER says:

Id rather him use water and drink the brew.

• MCM says:

Yes Brendhan. Water is drunk by men after a long night of Bourbon and Smithwicks. Bud Light is drunk by Frat boys and their 15 year old dates.

Don’t give up the beating yet Jeremy. Win or lose, there is still a large fan base that wants to see public humiliation. Maybe you stop beating on Twitter and step down to some smaller social media sites. But I for one, still want to see you bet.

• Guthookd says:

Lovely. A spy in our camp…….god damn it.

• I promise everyone it was Bud Light. That’s actually why I took a sip of it prior to pouring it, so I didn’t fully waste the beer. And why I spit at the end, because I hate the taste of Bud Light (and really all beer, I prefer the hard stuff) and too much got in my mouth.

I have to stop betting. I’m ruining the lives of fighters by betting against them.

• Angry Mike says:

In the immortal words of Brock Lesanr, screw Bud Lite. Pour a Coors Lite over your head and then jump on the wife. Or girl friend, etc.

• Dufresne says:

And I’m wearing a Strikeforce shirt because Strikeforce sucks as well!

F*ck you Ben Rothwell!!!

Hahahaha! Those quotes made my evening.

P.S. What kinda dog is that? Looks a lot like my pup.